mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

^ thanks loads for that!!! :D

i was (inefficiently) looking for a video of it... :shame:

was actually at the RAH & took a tour of the place on that very day! saw the roadies doing the sound check. then later i saw on my Twitter that Tom & Eddie Vedder were going onstage with The Who! epic! :wacky:

^ thanks loads for that!!! :D

i was (inefficiently) looking for a video of it... :shame:

was actually at the RAH & took a tour of the place on that very day! saw the roadies doing the sound check. then later i saw on my Twitter that Tom & Eddie Vedder were going onstage with The Who! epic! :wacky:

You're welcome! ;)

Interesting story, in my opinion, the RAH is an impressive building. But you weren't at the gig itself, were you?

You're welcome! ;)

Interesting story, in my opinion, the RAH is an impressive building. But you weren't at the gig itself, were you?

unfortunately, no...i didn't go for the gig itself. :\

i would love to go for a gig there one day tho...it's really impressive, as you've said. especially after learning more about it from the tour.

Oooooo. Tom looking delish in that suit. Thanks for sharing.

Here's another one, closer up - but the audio sounds awful

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2-AsOftJGc]YouTube- I've Had Enough - The Who with Ed Vedder and Tom Meighan[/ame]

...and..and...and.. *swoons*

19571257.jpg

..and....it seems he also dressed up as a bell boy :uhoh:

4477904182_995c570572.jpg

haha...what is with that bellboy outfit??? :lol:

& SO Tom...prancing around the stage. tho now that i've re-watched the earlier vid, it kinda looks like he went offstage even before the song ended. :confused:

but the crowd seems rather...ermmm...subdued from that closer up vid. meh.

think i'm liking this RAH version of Had Enough more than the original... :)

oh...& this was one of the related vids that showed up after the vid finished playing (pretty good quality, tho not as up close as squareone13's post):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhZoZlKQuXU]The Who - Had Enough ft. Tom Meighan and Eddie Vedder 2010[/ame]

Yh, it's not his gig but he was always gonna come on stage and be Tom, he can't help himself. :lol: From some of the comments I've read, seems like some Who fans weren't too happy, seems some people were expecting the dreaded Liam Gallagher. I don't like the Who really, not my cup of tea. I'll bet Tom loved being there tho.

Anyway, I found a vid of Bell Boy, tho it sounds awful and is pretty far away. :\

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF17j742qAE]YouTube- The Who, Quadrophenia, Bell Boy with Tom Meighan[/ame]

i'm not much of a fan of The Who myself too, tho i do have some of their more famous songs in my music library (i blame CSI & House for this :lol: ). but i dunno...Liam's obviously more well known than Tom, so maybe them Who fans are just kicking up a fuss cos it's a lesser known/younger/"new" guy onstage. :dozey:

i did try looking up more details about the song & it looks like it's part of one big "rock opera" thing. from what i can tell, Tom is playing a character called Ace Face who ends up becoming a bell boy.

& to think i thought Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was a long song... :P

Some fantastic quotes from the nme interview, the scans are on the kasabian forum

Q: Would you ever record a song for a Twilight soundtrack?

Both: No.

Tom: Fuck that. I don't even wanna see it.

:laugh3:

Q: What if the Tories used one of your tunes in their campaign?

Tom: They're fuckin' horrible! I'd set fire to 'em.

:lol:

Q: What artist are you most excited about in 2010?

Serge: I'm hoping there'll be some cheeky little shits who'll come along and mess things up a bit.

:cool:

And there's a vid on nme.com http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid60475548001?bclid=9783754001&bctid=76009913001

Some fantastic quotes from the nme interview, the scans are on the kasabian forum

Q: Would you ever record a song for a Twilight soundtrack?

Both: No.

Tom: Fuck that. I don't even wanna see it.

:laugh3:

Q: What if the Tories used one of your tunes in their campaign?

Tom: They're fuckin' horrible! I'd set fire to 'em.

:lol:

Q: What artist are you most excited about in 2010?

Serge: I'm hoping there'll be some cheeky little shits who'll come along and mess things up a bit.

:cool:

And there's a vid on nme.com http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid60475548001?bclid=9783754001&bctid=76009913001

hahaha:laugh3: I love their responses! nice vid too

I just noticed that I eventually got used to Tom's short hair :D It took me a long while, huh? :laugh3:

haha yeah took you a while. I didn't like it super super short. It better now. Empire hair was the nicest I think :wacky:

Went looking for the nme at the shops today...found all the other covers apart from the Kasabian one :bigcry: Looked in 3 different shops too. :veryangry2:

haha yeah took you a while. I didn't like it super super short. It better now. Empire hair was the nicest I think :wacky:

Went looking for the nme at the shops today...found all the other covers apart from the Kasabian one :bigcry: Looked in 3 different shops too. :veryangry2:

Until today, I always expected a Tom with long hair. Dunno why :D Yeah, like it was for T in the Park '07.

We don't even have NME on the continent! :lol::cry2:

Happy Birthday!!!! :dance:

Have a great one!

Great gift! I was thinking about buying it...

60 days until I see them again!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm so happy the rumours turned out to be true.

Muse news

Kasabian will be performing at San Siro on 08.06.10 and at Stade de France on 12.06.10.