✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Haha I'm a Muse fan and I don't hate you! :nice:

I don't know what it's like over there, but I know that pretty much EVERYONE here knows Muse and (relatively) very few know Kasabian... sad I know. But from here I can see that it makes sense for Kasabian to support Muse. Plus Muse have been around for much longer so I suppose they've a got a more established fan-base than Kasabian. Either way, a concert with both would be heaven :dead:

Yah, same in the U.S. :\ more ppl should know Kasabian.

Got this on twitter:

Kasabian reveal their latest release

kasabianumbro500x245.jpg

Football mad Tom and Serge have revealed their latest release, the new England football team away kit, as Kasabian become the first ever band to launch a football shirt.

The striking red shirt manufactured by Official Kit Supplier Umbro was appropriately unveiled away from home at the band's gig in Paris' Olympia Theatre (temporarily the 'stadt de Kasabian'?) on February 9.

Speaking about the launch and new shirt, lead singer Tom Meighan said, "It's brilliant to be the first band ever to launch an England shirt and where better to launch this particular kit than away from home? When Umbro approached us to represent England away we jumped at the chance as we are all football fans and loved the idea of revealing the England away shirt when playing in the country of one of our great footballing rivals."

Two and a half thousand French Kasabian fans witnessed the unveiling during the band's performance of Fire in the encore, in a gig that would possibly be described by football commentators as "classic Kasabian through and through."

New team shirts are by general convention, usually unveiled by squad players, Trevor Cairns, Umbro Chief Marketing Officer explained the new approach, "For the launch of the latest England away shirt Umbro decided to turn to other Englishmen who, like the England team, represent the nation abroad. We came up with the idea of approaching an English band on tour. Like a football team, they are 'away' when performing in other countries. Kasabian are as passionate about their football as their music so it's brilliant that they agreed to wear the shirt in Paris."

The shirt will be worn by the England squad for the first time during their friendly with Egypt at Wembley on March 3rd and is available to pre-order now, which is just as well - as you will see in the photos Tom swapped his with the audience at the end of the gig.

Check out the exclusive pics and Tom's interesting take on the post-match shirt swap.

Watch a video of Tom revealing the shirt at the gig on Umbro.com.

_________

That video is really cool!! :dance:

Liz, can you see yourself in the pics or the video?

And "Fire" is playing when you go to the Umbro website! :awesome:

Oh how awesome...! :dance: But i still cant find the video on their website... :confused:

but I dont think i can see myself in the pics... the crowd is too blurred

Oh how awesome...! :dance: But i still cant find the video on their website... :confused:

but I dont think i can see myself in the pics... the crowd is too blurred

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60OavViBmEE]YouTube- Kasabian Reveal England Away Kit in Paris - The Full Story[/ame]

edit: Or you can just watcht eh edited highlights of Tom's looking mega sexy and taking his kit off... :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wXnUhvSf4]YouTube- The New England Away Kit: Debuted by Kasabian[/ame]

And there's an interview on the blog - http://blog.umbro.com/2010/02/10/england-away-we-speak-to-kasabians-tom-meighan/

BIG pic of Tom in his England shirt.

tom_plakat.jpg

If I saw that on my drive to work I'd prob crash the bloody car!

And ooooooo I almost forgot - Tom was on the radio at lunchtime today. Newsbeat called him up to ask about headlining V while he was shopping in Boots. :lol: Dunno if this'll play for non-UK peeps but here it is...Kasabian 'very proud' to top V Festival

Video:

edit: Or you can just watcht eh edited highlights of Tom's looking mega sexy and taking his kit off... :wacky:

And there's an interview on the blog - http://blog.umbro.com/2010/02/10/england-away-we-speak-to-kasabians-tom-meighan/

tom_plakat.jpg

And ooooooo I almost forgot - Tom was on the radio at lunchtime today. Newsbeat called him up to ask about headlining V while he was shopping in Boots. :lol: Dunno if this'll play for non-UK peeps but here it is...Kasabian 'very proud' to top V Festival

Aw thankies! (but nope, still dont see meself) :D

Paula bringing the goods as always :wink3:

Like that lil interview too, curious to know what their big surprise will be, and P you will be there to witness it :dead:

and P you will be there to witness it :dead:

o m g I hope so. I'm getting nervous about tomorrow now, tix on sale @9am & they're gonna sell out fast. I just know I'll get stuck in a queue or my credit card'll get rejected or summat else'll go wrong...gah! I'm panicking already. :worried2:

Yeah, I think the w/end tickets must have sold out in the first 15 minutes while I was sitting there madly refreshing and trying to even get into a queue. All the websites I had open kept crashing, they obviously couldn't cope with the volumes of traffic :bigcry:

Anyway job done. Roll on August :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kasabian's Tom Meighan says the band are planning to cover New Order's Italia 90 World Cup song 'World In Motion' at their headline appearance at this year's V Festival.

Despite the fact the South African World Cup will have finished by the time the Leicester band play V, Meighan says he likes the idea of re-living the competition – and may even get Keith Allen (who co-wrote the song) to make an appearance. "You know, we may well call up Lily Allen's dad and we'll do 'World In Motion' again," he quipped (The Sun).

haha that'd be fun - Keith Allen rocks :lol:

Ooooh I love that pic. He does look a little like the Ewan MacGregor Kenobi (not the Alec Guiness version lol) And his house looks great, love all the pitures on the walls. :thumbsup:

I'm watching the NME awards on telly now too...still waiting for Kasabian. :( Unfortunately there's a lot of idiots to sit thru, like Courtney Love... jeez...:sick: C'mon me wantz Vlad... :whip:

edit: They didn't play Vlad?!?!?!? Or did I miss it? :\ I lol'd at Tom's acceptance speech tho "Suck it!" :laugh3: And they were so sweet talking about Paul Weller on the VT :D

haha...yeah. same thought! i think if i didn't already know who Tom Meighan is i might've mistaken him for Ewan (who is also a Star Wars fanboy).

& i think you did miss it. cos they played Vlad complete with Noel Fielding onstage tossing goodies at the crowd as Vlad. :confused:

^^ Haha I'm a Muse fan and I don't hate you! :nice:

I don't know what it's like over there, but I know that pretty much EVERYONE here knows Muse and (relatively) very few know Kasabian... sad I know. But from here I can see that it makes sense for Kasabian to support Muse. Plus Muse have been around for much longer so I suppose they've a got a more established fan-base than Kasabian. Either way, a concert with both would be heaven :dead:

in Malaysia, practically everyone knows who The All-American Rejects are & barely any know about Kasabian...& Kasabian were the headline act while The All-American Rejects were the 2nd billing at the MTV World Stage event back in August 09. :rolleyes:

tom_plakat.jpg

*lol* i can imagine! i think the same might happen with me too! whereabouts is this anyway?

O M F G!!!! That was stressful. Wanted a w/end ticket but could only get a Saturday one in the end... :( Still that'll have to do. I'll see the Kasaboys :dance: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

GREAT STUFF!!! :dance:

here's something i came up with for my assignment that's due on Sunday...& i should thank you girls for that great pic of Tom, which i've used for this make belief gig poster. :D

Kasabian_Gig_Poster_by_kimganner.png

Original Size (much bigger)

Kasabian_Gig_Poster_2_by_kimganner.png

Original Size (much bigger)

i can't decide which one to go with... :confused:

^Those are amazing. I like the fainter border of the top one best :thumbsup:

& i think you did miss it. cos they played Vlad complete with Noel Fielding onstage tossing goodies at the crowd as Vlad. :confused:

:facepalm: I'm such a numpty - must have been when I went to make a cup of tea. :rolleyes:

*lol* i can imagine! i think the same might happen with me too! whereabouts is this anyway?

A billboard in London - in Hackney, I think.

^Those are amazing. I like the fainter border of the top one best :thumbsup:

:facepalm: I'm such a numpty - must have been when I went to make a cup of tea. :rolleyes:

A billboard in London - in Hackney, I think.

thanks for the feedback! :D

did you make your cuppa at the start of the show? cos they were like the first act on, i think... :dozey:

yh... *note to self* --> make a brew 5 minutes before programmes start. ;)

Anyhoo, found it on youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POPe-YeS9yA]YouTube- Kasabian & Noel Fielding - Vlad The Impaler (NME Awards 2010)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oHgyerSU0]YouTube- Kasabian - Vlad The Impaler - NME Awards[/ame]

:lol:

hey, cheers for that! :hug: didn't know it was on the telly last nite...

that girl in the vest(?) seemed to be doing an awful lot of hair twirling at the start...she fancies the guys or one of them? :wink3:

& woohoo! Tom fave time/month of the year's October - my birth month! :wacky:

• 2 weeks later...