✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom n' Serge (and Ben) were on Radio 1 this morning, the Chris Moyles show was live from Chris's house cos it's his birthday and they played acoustic LSF and Underdog. I heard half of LSF in work this morning, then my boss called me over, away from the radio, to talk about something (great timing!) so I'm just listening again on the iPlayer.

Anyway, here's a nice pic from the bbc. Serge's cardigan :lol:

76368_fullsize.jpg

Two new tour videos:

Meeting E.T at Tom's house :lol: On the bus to Manchester

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKm0NMKG_E]YouTube- November Tour 2009 - Birmingham[/ame]

Tom playing guitar :wacky: Noel Gallagher backstage, Chris looking cute, Serge boxing :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPEpi3CwtIA]YouTube- November Tour 2009 - Manchester[/ame]

Cute.

gonna watch the replay(?) of the NME Awards later...just to see Kasabian. haha

great new vids! & the ending on the Manchester one's cute! love Tom's house! hahaha so many cool posters around the room!

& love that Tom's actually quite a scifi fanboy/geek! :wacky:

just happens that i read an interview with him on StarWars.com too...apparently Tom reckons he looks like Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Even though Darth Vader is his favorite character in the entire Star Wars saga, Meighan joked that he had a special soft spot for Obi-Wan Kenobi "because I look a little like him." In fact, after seeing Revenge while on tour, Meighan decided to grow out his beard in honor of Master Kenobi.

20050630_1_bg.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/news20050630.html

Ooooh I love that pic. He does look a little like the Ewan MacGregor Kenobi (not the Alec Guiness version lol) And his house looks great, love all the pitures on the walls. :thumbsup:

I'm watching the NME awards on telly now too...still waiting for Kasabian. :( Unfortunately there's a lot of idiots to sit thru, like Courtney Love... jeez...:sick: C'mon me wantz Vlad... :whip:

edit: They didn't play Vlad?!?!?!? Or did I miss it? :\ I lol'd at Tom's acceptance speech tho "Suck it!" :laugh3: And they were so sweet talking about Paul Weller on the VT :D

Winning Best Album @the NME awards tonight for West Ryder WooT! :dance:

nme2010_3.jpg

nme2010_2.jpg

nme2010_4.jpg

Two new tour videos:

Meeting E.T at Tom's house :lol: On the bus to Manchester

Tom playing guitar :wacky: Noel Gallagher backstage, Chris looking cute, Serge boxing :D

Cute.

AHHH :dance: AWESOME!! Glad that they won!!!

Thanks for the YT vids too, ill listen to those in a bit.

LOVING the new siggy too Paula! :laugh3:

Im a new fan of Kasabian! But I absolutely love them!

And Serge is soo hot! :cool:

Im so glad they won some awards at the Brits and the NME awards. I literally jumped around the room with joy when they won at the Brits because I was getting fed up of all the terrible bands winning (*cough* JLS *cough*) but the Brits suck anyway.

:)

Hello raving rabbit. Welcome along to the Kasabian thread.

Kasabian (and Kings of Leon) have today been confirmed as headliners for V festival. I'm planning to be there, at the Staffs site. :dance: Can't wait :D

Oh that's great!!

I saw the list of performers today and it sounds GOOOOOOOD! :bomb:

Awww...wheeeeee! I'm excited for V and I haven't even got tix yet.. :dance:

Hi!

They're also going to be at the Oxegen Festival! I wanna go sooo badly! The lineup's amazing! :)

and T in the Park on the same w/end. They're both too far for me tho and bad dates. T sold out in like 90 mins or sometihng stupid

They're both too far for me tho and bad dates.

Yeah! Oxegens in Ireland! :'(

But I'm gonna beg my dad, and hopefully get my aunt who's experienced with festivals to come with me.

Depends how much the tickets and transport would cost. But its in the summer hols so it might be ok.

My dad might say yes and I could have tickets as a early birthday present, I mean my present last year was Coldplay tickets. Hmmm we shall have to wait and see! :braces:

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2010/matt-bellamy-im-a-sht-drummer

Bellamy also revealed that the band were set to take Kasabian as support on some of their huge European dates.

Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain & France - June '10 - that's the rumour :\

...Now Kasabian supporting Mew, would be all kinds of awesome...! :P (& also not v. likely ! :()

Weekend/camping Oxegen tix are about 200 Euros. Not sure which day they're playing but you might be able to get a one day ticket :\

Oh really!? Thats so expensive! :(

But then I s'pose festivals are. :cry:

Hello raving rabbit. Welcome along to the Kasabian thread.

Kasabian (and Kings of Leon) have today been confirmed as headliners for V festival. I'm planning to be there, at the Staffs site. :dance: Can't wait :D

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PAULLLLA! :dance::dance::dance: Get it!!

Weekend/camping Oxegen tix are about 200 Euros. Not sure which day they're playing but you might be able to get a one day ticket :\

btw for the Europeans; there's rumours abound of Kasabian supporting Muse on their European stadium tour later this year.

Muse fans are gonna hate me, butshouldn't it be more like, Muse supporting Kasabian? :uhoh:

:P

^^ Haha I'm a Muse fan and I don't hate you! :nice:

I don't know what it's like over there, but I know that pretty much EVERYONE here knows Muse and (relatively) very few know Kasabian... sad I know. But from here I can see that it makes sense for Kasabian to support Muse. Plus Muse have been around for much longer so I suppose they've a got a more established fan-base than Kasabian. Either way, a concert with both would be heaven :dead:

Got this on twitter:

Kasabian reveal their latest release

kasabianumbro500x245.jpg

Football mad Tom and Serge have revealed their latest release, the new England football team away kit, as Kasabian become the first ever band to launch a football shirt.

The striking red shirt manufactured by Official Kit Supplier Umbro was appropriately unveiled away from home at the band's gig in Paris' Olympia Theatre (temporarily the 'stadt de Kasabian'?) on February 9.

Speaking about the launch and new shirt, lead singer Tom Meighan said, "It's brilliant to be the first band ever to launch an England shirt and where better to launch this particular kit than away from home? When Umbro approached us to represent England away we jumped at the chance as we are all football fans and loved the idea of revealing the England away shirt when playing in the country of one of our great footballing rivals."

Two and a half thousand French Kasabian fans witnessed the unveiling during the band's performance of Fire in the encore, in a gig that would possibly be described by football commentators as "classic Kasabian through and through."

New team shirts are by general convention, usually unveiled by squad players, Trevor Cairns, Umbro Chief Marketing Officer explained the new approach, "For the launch of the latest England away shirt Umbro decided to turn to other Englishmen who, like the England team, represent the nation abroad. We came up with the idea of approaching an English band on tour. Like a football team, they are 'away' when performing in other countries. Kasabian are as passionate about their football as their music so it's brilliant that they agreed to wear the shirt in Paris."

The shirt will be worn by the England squad for the first time during their friendly with Egypt at Wembley on March 3rd and is available to pre-order now, which is just as well - as you will see in the photos Tom swapped his with the audience at the end of the gig.

Check out the exclusive pics and Tom's interesting take on the post-match shirt swap.

Watch a video of Tom revealing the shirt at the gig on Umbro.com.

_________

That video is really cool!! :dance:

Liz, can you see yourself in the pics or the video?

And "Fire" is playing when you go to the Umbro website! :awesome: