✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Formula One Thread 2006

Guest Grace

^ well, since god's on his side... i don't think so :P

he totally disappointed me today by acting like a complete loon while fisico was crying his guts out. what a jerk.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hej, what you expected him to act like? the results of the race were totally unexpectable, he first, Michael out... I'm also happy for him. ;) Now the chances of Michael being champion are like him in the 1st place and Alonso out of the first 8 in Brazil. However he'll still leave the F1 as a champion, a great driver... is just that Alonso is in his great moment now.

in fact, there's nothing wrong with celebrating, but he could've just hugged giancarlo once.

whatever.

fernando is a weirdo anyway. what was that "eagle" kinda position about?!

Man... two days later and I still can't believe it happened.

Alonso is a great driver, no doubting that. I think most people that dislike him, dislike him because of his behaviour after the races. He acts like a complete goof. I actually start to cringe when he does those animal poses. Whats up with that anyway.

I understand why he was so happy on the podium. I would be too. I would have put a hand on Fisi's shoulder or even hugged him at the moment. And I probably wouldn't have sprayed champagne.

There's no doubt Alonso's going to drive conservatively at the last race, and you can't really blame him. The only hope of Schumi pulling this off is if the conditions are really treacherous... which isn't totally out of the question cause we've had wet/wild races at Interlagos before. Fingers crossed!

71 loooong laps remain.

we'll see what happens and yeah, fernando is a very good driver indeed. i totally agree, but in his heart he doesn't seem like a champion to me. (gaaah, what did i just say?!)

brasil is famous for its turbulent races and its bumpy track.

gotta keep in mind that the renaults dosn't have the mass damper anymore... :sneaky:

how?

he has to win the race anyway.

and even massa can't do that. they're still fighting for that constructor's championship.

god, people, please be aware of what's going on in the championship before posting something that's not true.

nobody interested in formula one?

today's the day.

i have no clue what's worse.

the fact that michael's retiring, that renault will probably win both championships, the ending of the f1 season or the fact that michael has bathed in bad luck.

that qualifying session was just... i can't even find words to describe what i felt.

pure shit.

mh... hope he'll show the world once more that he's the best driver ever!

it's a great oppertunity.

and for that... thanks michael! :cry: i'll get my tissues ready.

f1-2006-chi-tm-0126.jpg

Sigh.. I haven't read any of the previous pages and I'm not a Formula 1 fan at all, but.. let me tell you, I'm really disappointed that Schumacher didn't win! It would have been sucha fabulous end for his career, he deserved it.. And I personally think that he would have at least won the race if his wheel wouldn't have had a defect!

well, well, well.

what can i say?

first of all... michael schumacher is my hero. really.

it might sound very stupid to you guys, but you probably won't be able to relate to that.

to me it's like... the end of the world. hehe.

seriously. as if coldplay would quit. but the thing is ... if coldplay quit, i'd still have the music.

there's nothing left of michael except the statistics. it's just his name on top of every rank.

yeah, bad luck ... .

hmm... he wasn't lucky at all the last two races.

that incident with fisichella messed up his race. he could've won that one. for sure. but he showed his skills one last time and finished 4th although he was last in the first half of the race. i'm proud of him. he's a national hero. no matter what other people say about his behavious on the track in the past. he's just a natural racer. and he was born to race. real racers also use dirty tricks. look at senna. he's a legend and he played dirty tricks as well. whatever.

i know he was hated. especially from england. haha.

he's a great man and i will never forget about the years i've spent watching formula one.

lol. i'm always wearing a red t-shirt, a red jacket, a red tracky bottom and my schumi cap on race wekkends. well, i used to. i'll keep supporting ferrari, kimi and massa, but it will never be the same. you do such things once in your life, not twice.

jenson did a fantastic job and made it up to P3.

but there's one person who really really disappointed me.

Kimi Räikkönen. I'm usually a fan of his, but his comment on ITV was disrespectful.

brundle asked him, if he saw pelé giving this trophy to schumi. kimi replied:"no, i was having a shit." wtf?! what is wrong with him?

why did he say that? he obviously tried to be cool and funny, but... he's been almost kissing michael's arse the past days. what a prick. that was unnesseccary.

however. i hope michael won't get to know about that.,,,

i had to cry when michael hugged massa after his win.

yeah, i guess i'll be crying for a few more days. haha.

massa deserved his win. it was his home turf and he was the first brasilian driver after senna to win his home grand prix. cheers, massa! he so reminded me of ayrton when he held the flag while driving.

renault and alonso won both championships.

i'm not mad at them or anything. i guess i have to cope with that.

but i don't agree that the best won.

hmmm... it was so sad to see all the michael fans back in kerpen (his hometown). they've cried. adults cried. men that didn't even cry at their weddings i suppose.

it was just way too emotional and dramatic.

i cannot believe the season is over.

what am i supposed to do until march?

this means so much to me.

mhh... danke michael!

well' date=' well, well.[/color']

what can i say?

first of all... michael schumacher is my hero. really.

it might sound very stupid to you guys, but you probably won't be able to relate to that.

to me it's like... the end of the world. hehe.

seriously. as if coldplay would quit. but the thing is ... if coldplay quit, i'd still have the music.

there's nothing left of michael except the statistics. it's just his name on top of every rank.

yeah, bad luck ... .

hmm... he wasn't lucky at all the last two races.

that incident with fisichella messed up his race. he could've won that one. for sure. but he showed his skills one last time and finished 4th although he was last in the first half of the race. i'm proud of him. he's a national hero. no matter what other people say about his behavious on the track in the past. he's just a natural racer. and he was born to race. real racers also use dirty tricks. look at senna. he's a legend and he played dirty tricks as well. whatever.

i know he was hated. especially from england. haha.

he's a great man and i will never forget about the years i've spent watching formula one.

lol. i'm always wearing a red t-shirt, a red jacket, a red tracky bottom and my schumi cap on race wekkends. well, i used to. i'll keep supporting ferrari, kimi and massa, but it will never be the same. you do such things once in your life, not twice.

jenson did a fantastic job and made it up to P3.

but there's one person who really really disappointed me.

Kimi Räikkönen. I'm usually a fan of his, but his comment on ITV was disrespectful.

brundle asked him, if he saw pelé giving this trophy to schumi. kimi replied:"no, i was having a shit." wtf?! what is wrong with him?

why did he say that? he obviously tried to be cool and funny, but... he's been almost kissing michael's arse the past days. what a prick. that was unnesseccary.

however. i hope michael won't get to know about that.,,,

i had to cry when michael hugged massa after his win.

yeah, i guess i'll be crying for a few more days. haha.

massa deserved his win. it was his home turf and he was the first brasilian driver after senna to win his home grand prix. cheers, massa! he so reminded me of ayrton when he held the flag while driving.

renault and alonso won both championships.

i'm not mad at them or anything. i guess i have to cope with that.

but i don't agree that the best won.

hmmm... it was so sad to see all the michael fans back in kerpen (his hometown). they've cried. adults cried. men that didn't even cry at their weddings i suppose.

it was just way too emotional and dramatic.

i cannot believe the season is over.

what am i supposed to do until march?

this means so much to me.

mhh... danke michael!

Great post Grace. You summed up most of my feelings very nicely.

I've been watching F1 since I was 9 (Started in 1994) and I sincerely believe that was one of his best drives ever. From being up to 6th in the first couple of laps to being down by 70 seconds and then shrinking that to only 24 seconds at the end of the race. The race was a great example of his never quit attitude. And whoever said that Schumacher was out of his prime needs to just watch that race. Some people said that Kimi and Fernando had eclipsed Michael in terms of racing skills; just watch Michaels pass on Kimi. If thats not enough, out of the 20 best laps in the race, Michael had 17 of them. Thats almost unheard of.

Its a shame we really didn't get a send off that was fitting. The directors didn't show a lot of him after the race, which was a real tragedy.

It was a pure pleasure watching Michael drive. Love him, or hate him the statistics speak for themselves. You may not believe he was the best driver of all time, but statistically speaking, he is.

And what a classy, classy move it was by BMW to send a thank you to Michael.

Watching F1 without him will surely be different. I'll still be cheering for Ferrari, Kimi and Massa... and Heidfeld (In my views the most underrated driver out there).

Thanks for everything Michael. You will sorely be missed. Hope to see you in the pitlanes sometime.