Guest Grace

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grace

this thread caught some dust :D

so the championship seems to be open again.

michael has good chances to win the race tomorrow and alonso is far behind.

well, let's see.

congrats to kimi first, but i think he is very light and there's almost no fuel in his tank...

Definitely because of the high prices I think...

No one really would pay so much money for boring formula 1 races.

Congrats Schumi! Haha Alonso only 5th! He's really getting on my nerves after the qualifying! :veryangry2:

Guest Grace

^ did you mean that "oooooh, flavio-daddy, did you just see what micheal did?" moment?

haha... that made me laugh my arse off... what a jerk.

YAAAAAAAY!!! I am soooo happy about that win!

and kimi did good too, just like jense.

too bad that alonso once more was a bit lucky (poor webber; i feel so sorry for him because he really deserved those points!)

schumi's only 11 more points away. do you remember all the people claiming that he will NOT win anymore? hahahaha :D

whatever, we all know how fast formula one changes. ferrari should keep on pushing.

*sigh*

but...to be honest... there's a little part in me that doesn't want michael to win. he'll probably quit after his 8th title :( and i really wanna see him drive with kimi!

btw... did you recognise how often they're chatting? O.o ... yeah, i see future team mates! :wink3:

Bah Humbug. :( (Though good for Kimi)

Thinking back to how many random mechanical (and not so mechanical) problems Barrichello had while at Ferrari while meanwhile Shumi had 100% reliability... I really don't want Kimi stuck as Shumacher's #2...

Guest Grace

^ do you think they brokee barrichello's car on purpose?

well, i'm sure that they will NOT treat Kimi the way they treated Massa or Rubens.

they just can't do that... it's kimi!

but wo says that they'll ever be racing together in one team? :(

^ do you think they brokee barrichello's car on purpose?

well, i'm sure that they will NOT treat Kimi the way they treated Massa or Rubens.

they just can't do that... it's kimi!

but wo says that they'll ever be racing together in one team? :(

No, I don't think they broke Barrichello's car on purpose... I think that they convieniently allowed things to happen.

Unlucky problematic pit stops at key moments so that Michael got past even though team orders were outlawed, little things at bad times... all out failures when Rubens was getting a bit upset about it all. Of course they didn't do anything on purpose.

But don't you think it was strange that Michael was setting records for reliability and Rubens was having so much trouble, especially every time he was in the lead? And that it only started to happen after the FIA clamped down on team orders? I seem to remember one incident where Barrichello was actually crying on the podium after things got messed up.

I knew it was going to be bad when he joined Ferrari, that they were going to expect him to act like a lapdog the same way as they did Irvine. Everyone was saying, no, it's going to be different this time but it wasn't. They actually write it into their contracts. Irvine had the brash attitude that could handle that sort of stuff. Kimi, I'm not so sure.

It's in Schumacher's nature to win- I don't think he can deny that whatever he thinks, even for an up and comer. The great teammate rivalrys like Prost and Senna always happen between two drivers who are both used to being number one.

I knew it was going to be bad when he joined Ferrari' date=' that they were going to expect him to act like a lapdog the same way as they did Irvine. Everyone was saying, no, it's going to be different this time but it wasn't. [/quote']

I don't think anyone was gullible enough to believe that, apart from Rubens. He probably thought they'd give him a proper chance to beat Sch.

I don't think anyone was gullible enough to believe that' date=' apart from Rubens. He probably thought they'd give him a proper chance to beat Sch.[/quote']

I seem to remember Rubens on the front cover of an F1 magazine wearing plate armour with the caption Rubens: why he won't be crushed by Schumacher.... or something like that. There was certainly real hope anyway, at least among his fans.

And lo and behold, here we go again with the hoping.

@Grace: Your attachment is really great! Love that pic!

I think it's a lil bit unfair for Rubens. He's a fairly good guy, in terms of racing skill and temper alike. But he had to be under the shadow of Schumi. Schumi's a very great guy, but Rubens has really contributed a great deal to Schumi's huge success!

And Massa seems to be the perfect guy to take over the job that Rubens was supposed to do. Schumi seems to be very pleased with Massa. I think everyone has seen him pat Massa on the shoulder at the press conference somewhat like a father said "well done" to his son.

But if Kimi and Schumi become teammates, Schumi gotta brace for tough competitions. You better never expect Kimi to give way to Schumi easily.

Guest Grace

^ exactly :)

schumi knows that kimi is not like felipe or rubens and he knows he has to fight for being the number one...

perhaps... we won't see them together anyway

Fighting for being the number one... that's the other thing I'm afraid of. Senna and Prost part 2.

For anyone who doesn't remember what that looked like, I found some pictures- let's just say we did see them together... a little too together... http://www.atlasf1.com/98/jpn/preview/schot.html

On second thought, it might be really entertaining. No one's really seen action like that in over a decade.

Two drivers immediately spring to mind when thinking of the Japanese Grand Prix: Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost. The archrivals of the late 80's made Suzuka the stage of the fiercest of their many battles. It began in 1988 where, after a season of close and fierce battle between the two, Senna claimed his first world title. A superb drive in drenched conditions awarded Senna of victory and the title.

1989-1.jpgIn both 1989 and 1990 this resulted in dramatic collisions between the both of them. The first time, they were teammates at McLaren and collided seven laps from the end of the race while battling for the race lead. Prost was leading the race when Senna dove inside at the chicane before the start-finish straight. When the Frenchman refused to move aside and Senna also kept his line, the cars collided. Prost's race was immediately over, but the Brazilian made it to the pits for a new nose cone. 1989-2.jpgAlessandro Nannini put his Benetton briefly in the lead, but he was defeated by Senna when the finish flag dropped. However, after the race Nannini was presented the win, while Senna was disqualified for getting a push-start from the track marshals, along with a six months suspended race ban and a $100,000 fine. This resulted in a long lasting controversy between the Brazilian and the French FISA president Jean-Marie Balestre, who had been the one who took Senna's win away and with that the chances for winning the title. In fact, Senna even threatened quitting Formula One altogether at that time and while he never fulfilled that threat, two years later, when Senna won his third title, he openly accused Balestre of stealing his title in 1989.

If Kimi does join Ferrari for '07(god forbid), i wonder how difficult it will be for the team to not subconciously give the to advantage Schu (assuming he stays as well). They will not want to treat Kimi as a #2 beacause they'll want him to be the permanent replacement after Schu has gone, but 10 years of gearing a team towards one driver could be a tough habit to kick.

Yeah, that's right, and it would be hard for McLaren too, because they would have to find their new #1 (perhaps Pedro de la Rosa?) and if Kimi would go there would be 2 quite new drivers for McLaren in 2007.

Guest Grace

^ although alonso would be knew, he'd become their number one (in case kimi is leaving).

however... fingers crossed for ferrari next weekend :D

Hungry for Hungary!:D

I think it's ok if Schumi get 5 points or so more than Alonso, for Alonso still leads schumi by 11. I hope that Schumi will catch up with Alonso as soon as possible. And once they are tied with each other, man, there's gonna be a final showdown!