✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Formula One Thread 2006

Guest Grace

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Webber won't be in a shitbox like the Williams anymore - that's positive. I hope for him that he'll drive in a McLaren or a Renault next year.

And Kubica will replace Villeneuve in Hungary because of Villeneuve's crash in Hockenheim.

Guest Grace

Fernando Alonso was penalised by the Stewards on Friday for dangerous driving in front of Robert Doornbos during free practice. Doornbos was, according to Alonso, blocking him and thus when Alonso was able to overtake him he deliberately went slowly in front of Doornbos.

Apart from the Spaniards incident with Doornbos Alonso also overtook him under yellow flags. Both incidents will cost him one second each during qualifying.

For Alonso it will be almost impossible now to make it to the final knock-out round in qualifying with a total of two seconds being added on his qualifying time.

SOURCE: f1racing.net

OMFG!!! it's schumi's chance to score 10 points!!!!

i think that fernando's behviour was quite unnecessary...

but 2 seconds?? of course i want schmui to win this race, but i think the punishment is a little too harsh. 1 second is enough... whatever...

The championship must be getting him stressed. That was surely an unessecary action. He certainly seems rattled.

So 2 seconds will be added to each of his laps in every qualifying session he takes part in. Mid-grid here he comes.

Also despite earlier rumour, Renault will not be using their illegal 'mass dampers' this weekend. Really looks like they are on the back foot this month.

Whoa. Now THAT ladies and gentlemen, that was a race. Guess the weather decided to make up for Belgium being off of the calandar.

Congrats to Button.

For those who get the ITV feed, what was with the n00b in the commentary box? I guess he was a Honda test driver?

When I first heard him talking, I though it was Jenson Button again (sure sounded like him), and freaked out because something must have happened, but then he was driving, and I was confused. :laugh3:

Congratulations to Jens and to Honda on thier win.

Amazing from his grid position, kept his head well. Great race. Excellent result :D

For those who get the ITV feed, what was with the n00b in the commentary box? I guess he was a Honda test driver?

When I first heard him talking, I though it was Jenson Button again (sure sounded like him), and freaked out because something must have happened, but then he was driving, and I was confused. :laugh3:

Yeah that was Anthony Davidson Hondas third driver. He's a top bloke

Guest Grace

^ WTF are you guys talking about?

schumi finished his race two laps before the end and he was 9th in the end (the others were 3 laps behind). so... it's logical that he'll get that one point... :dozey:

however --- this weekend was fucking nuts!

first that alonso mistake and then that schumi mistake...

alonso ended up not finishing the race and michael was the only one racing with intermediates.

THIS WASN'T NORMAL AT ALL!

of course i am happy for jense because i like him a lot and he's a good person and driver. he desrved that win since he's been waiting for so long!

BUT... what was wrong with alonso and michael... and kimi?

they're "the big 3" and make so many stupid mistakes?!

just like kimi... when he crashed into liuzzi +_____+

goddddd,....

schumi had a enormous chance... !!!!

i was so fuckin mad...

however... still 5 races left and a lot of laps to catch up with fernando.

*ARGH* and i'm a 100% sure that michael will quit after this season.

:( NOOOO!

ah yeah, and thank god they fired Villeneuve... :P

Schumi was not the only one who raced with Intermediates - Kubica did as well! So his tyres were really worn out and he did not pick up the dirt in the parade-lap and so he was 2 kg too light. Unfortunately.

But it's good that Villeneuve's fired. It's the second time he's fired before the season ends. (the first time was in 2003 when BAR fired him before the last GP).

Guest Grace

yepp, but did kubica still have his intermediates in the last laps?

and well... no one needs villeneuve. what does he want actually? he's already got his own restaurant and he's also working as a singer... +_+

^ WTF are you guys talking about?

schumi finished his race two laps before the end and he was 9th in the end (the others were 3 laps behind). so... it's logical that he'll get that one point... :dozey:

That's not what we were getting at. There's no disputing where he finished. The point (no pun intended) we were making was that; someone in the points just happens to be underweight and is disqualified gifting Schu a valuble extra point.

BTW I don't really think there's a conspiracy. That was a lighthearted comment. I want to see a close title fight as much as the next F1 fan.

what does he want actually? he's already got his own restaurant and he's also working as a singer... +_+

So what? :thinking:

He probably didn't want to finish his career like this. I understand the team's decision but don't forget that he did achieve a lot in the past.

Guest Grace

yeah, sure.

but it seemed like he saw his whole "f1 job" more like some kinda spare time job.

(like DC; hahaha).

not a big loss for BMW though...

yeah' date=' sure.[/color']

but it seemed like he saw his whole "f1 job" more like some kinda spare time job.

(like DC; hahaha).

not a big loss for BMW though...

I really don't think so. He just doesn't like to put up with crap and can't handle politics. He's a real racer- he likes to be on the front edge, not mucking away at the back.

He never should have followed his manager to BAR- it was the worst possible environment for him and it killed his career.

He doesn't need to race, but it seems like he wants to... otherwise he never would have come back. The other stuff is just sideprojects- like many drivers have. And I doubt anyone outside of Quebec will actually listen to his cd.

But I have to admit Kubica was quite good.

I really don't think so. He just doesn't like to put up with crap and can't handle politics. He's a real racer- he likes to be on the front edge' date=' not mucking away at the back. [/color']

He never should have followed his manager to BAR- it was the worst possible environment for him and it killed his career.

He doesn't need to race, but it seems like he wants to... otherwise he never would have come back. The other stuff is just sideprojects- like many drivers have. And I doubt anyone outside of Quebec will actually listen to his cd.

But I have to admit Kubica was quite good.

well, i heard that he wants to join juan pablo in the NASCAR series.

dunno if it's only a rumour though...

My impression is that it's something he is considering if he has to, but he would rather get another seat with an F1 team.

Who knows where everyone is going to end up though... they call it silly season for a reason, and it's in full swing this year. :dizzy2: :laugh3:

Villeneuve has an innate enthusiasm for racing. He once cheated in a maths exam so that he could come top in the class to meet his mother's strict requirements(He was then very poor at maths)and validly take up his career as a racer.

I think Villeneuve is a respectable guy and a fairly good racer, he possesses a strong passion for racing; and I dont think he's been doing F1 as some sort of spare-time job. Since he enjoys racing, i'll cross my fingers for him wherever he goes.