✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

what is the hardest jonny buckland guitar riff to play?

Jonny's most definitely right handed. When he signs autographs, he does it with his right hand.

If you notice, Guy (who is left handed) writes with his right hand in the video. And Will (who is right handed) writes with his left.

Maybe it's the way the video was shot, a mirror image is produced instead.

Only Chris looks as though he is writing with his correct hand :P

Isn't Chris left-handed?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIJ video question

:heart: I love handedness stuff. It's so fascinating....

Anyway, this is what I think happened in the lovely LIJ video.

*the Right side is the Actual image

*the Left side is the Mirrored image used in the Video. The Producer mirrored the image so that we could read the words since the boys wrote the words facing them.

Chris, I'm pretty sure, is Ambidextrous (can write with either hand) He used his Right hand in video.

He does usually write Left-handed when signing autographs though, but can use his Right hand (i.e. writing MakeTradeFair on his Left hand in 2002-03)

ColdplayLoversinJapan5.jpg

Jonny is Right-handed

ColdplayLoversinJapan2Jonny.jpg

Guy is Left-handed

ColdplayLoversinJapan3Guy.jpg

Will is Right-handed

ColdplayLoversinJapan4Will.jpg

I always think: 1/2 the band are left-handed (Chris & Guy) and 1/2 are right-handed (Jonny & Will)

Hope that helped and wasn't too confusing :D

hands

^ hehe thanks, I've way too much time on my hands! :P

Maybe it's the way the video was shot, a mirror image is produced instead.

^ and you were indeed correct about the mirror thing.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Guy can play left-handed bass too! :dozey: ...*sigh* They're so talented!

RANDOM: Sweet location doritji! Mmmm... chocolate

^ hehe thanks, I've way too much time on my hands! :P

^ and you were indeed correct about the mirror thing.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Guy can play left-handed bass too! :dozey: ...*sigh* They're so talented!

RANDOM: Sweet location doritji! Mmmm... chocolate

haha, only noticed that just now ;)

yeah it's pretty neat to be surrounded by good chocolate, if not thé best chocolate of the world :smug:( for for your teeth though :( )

but hey, we're known for 2 things : the greatest chocolate.... and our ability to stay modest:laugh3:

oke this is a random question because i didn't know where else to put it :

As seen in the LIJ video, Jonny is left handed. Why does he play a right handed guitar ? or doesn't he ?

he's left handed i think. because as i see all formers in coldplay, only guy uses right hand.

• 3 years later...
are you guys kidding me? jonny buckland's guitar parts are simple at best, and he is NOT a good guitarist. i dont understand why he can't sit down, listen to these songs chris martin comes up with, and offer a decent accompaniment or lead. i want to think he's a decent musician, but does anyone have any any proof?

only superstition? please. i just watched these guys on the daily show and it really annoyed the hell out of me to watch him bob his head and move all around, and then play like 4 notes.

when i first heard violet hill i thought "hey jonny learned how to play the guitar a bit"... but there is absolutely nothing impressive on the new album.

*sigh*

chris needs a new band. end of story.

YOU NEED TO LEAVE THIS WEBSITE-NO HATERS PRICK.

i dont think any of coldplays stuff is hard at all. jonny is a great guitarist and everything but hes no guitar genius. if u look at all his music alot of it is just striking one note for a couple measures. thats why i think jimmy page is one of the greatest cause if u sit down and look at his stuffyou can tell he really put thought into his songs.I'm not saying that jonny doesnt but... Dont get me wrong i love coldplay and im a die-hard fan but i personally think that jonny's and chris's stuffs not difficult, except for chords like 10,12,12,10,10,0 like they use in the scientist and dont panic seeing that i dont have huge hands like they do.

ARE YOU A GUITARIST,I AM TRY PLAYING-IN TIME,