✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

cccoverviewbanner13eg.jpg

COLDPLAYING CHARITY CLUB

Coldplaying for Fair Play

** UPDATED NoV 25th **

** NEWS UPDATE: THE CCCs FLAGSHIP CHARITY PROJECT, THE $1.36 CAMPAIGN, IS NOW UNDER WAY: CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE **

HOW TO JOIN:

There are no requirements to join. We only ask that you read through this first post, understand the mission of the CCC, support the ideas behind the CCC, and when you are able, support the club's projects. To see a list of current members, and to join yourself, go here: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30186

Main idea: Create a club of Coldplay fans who wish to individually do their small part to help those who need it most, and collectively attempt to make a difference. Together we can promote a spirit of giving by following the example Coldplay has set. We can support charities, raise awareness for selected issues at concerts, as well as in our own communities, and encourage each other to get involved and take action in any way that we can. :)

---------------------------------------------------

BRIEF outline of discussed ideas (see bottom of this post for more detailed descriptions of the following): (Edited as time goes on)

I. Charity/money raising activities:

A. Monthly monetary goals

B. A Coldplay/Coldplaying community store (t-shirts, buttons, bumper stickers) --> all proceeds to go to charities of our choice (see detailed description at bottom of post for current t-shirt designs)

i. Design contests

ii. Club logo/slogan

C. $1.36 Charity Campaign though PayPal --> money to go to Sponsor A Child

II. Raising Awareness activities:

A. Hand out posters/banners/buttons at CP concerts with info how to get involved

B. Design fliers to hold up during the concert (i.e like the Happy Birthday Chris signs)

C. Design and distribute neighborhood fliers with info on MTF and other causes

D. Get our voices heard by writing formal letters/petitions about issues we care about

E. Encourage each other to take an active role in helping others

F. Educate ourselves through thoughtful, open minded discussions about current global events and concerns (i.e. AIDS, global warning, famine, overpopulation)

(thanks an_cat, Vic and Frostbitepanda for your great ideas, and everyone else who has expressed interest so far!) :kiss:

INDEPTH descriptions of ideas:

* Donating to charity: a few dollars can go a long way, especially if we all manage to save a little and give a little. It would be fun to challenge ourselves to meet monthly monetary goals. We could set up different threads for separate charities and keep track of how much money is donated to each one. Charities can include ones that Coldplay supports, as well as any others that we find credible and worthy. Of course keeping a reliable record of how much money is being donated is a tricky business. Victaniac had the wonderful idea of setting up a group email account to which ‘donation (email) receipts’ could be forwarded (after donating, an email confirmation including your donated amount usually follows, so we'd just send that along to the group email). Logistics need to be worked out, but a few people could have access to the email to keep the group up to speed about donation progress. Any other ideas in regard to this?

* "$1.36 Charity Campaign" - A PayPal account for the club has been established to collect money for Sponsor A Child. The CCC asks for a small donation of $1.36 (or one of your country's currency), with the aim of pooling together the equivalent/minimum of $28 dollars a month, each month. Once we are 'assigned' a child, we will recieve updates about 'our' child and will have the opportunity to coorespond with him/her. This is would be a beautiful project. Please check out the website. :nice: ** This project is underway. Go here.

* Make signs, posters/banners, and flyers to hand out at concerts to get other fans attention and hey, maybe even the guys’ attention too. :P Information on these could include useful websites and ideas how people can get more involved. We could have volunteer sign up sheets for each show for people to print and pass information out, etc. This tour is almost over, but if we get organized really quickly maybe we can do something for the Isle of Wright show in June. Frostbitepanda had the awesome idea of making flyers with the MTF equal sign on the front, with links and info on the back, including instructions reading (i.e.) "Hold this flyer high during 'Politik' and give the world love over this." (like the Happy Birthday Chris signs). :laugh4:

* Create a Coldplay/Coldplaying community t-shirt store (similar to cafepress.com) where all procedes go to charity. Since there are so many talented souls on these boards, we could hold design contests for a group statement and logo, as well as for product designs! :D Some t-shirt ideas that have been already mentioned include:

- Front: "Coldplaying for Fair Play" (with logos, designs); Back: a list of all cool causes/charity websites.

- Some fun designs that read: Jonny's Fluffer, Guy's Maid :lol:

- Coldplay lyric designs

- Here , here and here are a few designs so far

* Neighborhood fliers: similar to fliers that we can pass out at concerts, we can design a flier that we can all post around our neighborhood, on school bulletins or at work, etc. to raise awareness about MTF and other causes.

* Formal letters: write to local shops about using fair trade coffee, rice, etc or even higher up governmental offices about issues we are passionate about, and then post any responses we get. We can also help each other write formal letters (so they take it seriously) or we can design a form letter everyone can use.

The CCC section will soon have:

* Stickied threads for FAQs, charity links, group graphics, flyers, etc, promotional activities, etc

* Threads where we can bounce ideas off each other on how we can take a more active role in helping others.

* Threads discussing global issues (AIDS, global warming, famine, overpopulation, etc etc). It is important that we learn from each other and better educate ourselves.

I encourage you to think about this, and share any ideas you have IN THIS THREAD! Even if you don't have any ideas yet, but still want to get involved, just POST to say you are interested in this project. If you believe in the power of Coldplayers united, then put a link back to this thread in your sig to generate a buzz!!

Siggy CCC thread link:

Coldplaying Charity Club

Use this code: (just delete the *)

Coldplaying Charity Club[/url*] ♥[/color*][/b*]

Blinkies and banners:

trainccc0gi.gif

(by Victaniac)

joinccc9ni.gif

(by Victaniac)

cccfast4lx.gif

(by lunar1126)

image2b7jb.gif

(by lunar1126)

And here (by frostbitepanda) and (by Ladybug) are a ton more banners!

Here is a list of Coldplay approved organizations:

Other good causes:

Inform yourself:

- news covering the United Nations and the world

Be sure to visit these sites once a day:

- Help feed the hungry

- Help fund free mammograms

- Help fund healthcare for children

- Help fund books for kids

- Help preserve endangered land

- Help fund food for animals

How to take action/get your voice heard:

Write letters for the benefit of human rights thru Amnesty International:

Please take note: We believe that charity should cross all borders. These borders could be state, country, AND POLITICAL. Please, we kindly request of you, keep your left and right wing tendencies out of this. We just want to help people. Yes, some of the campaigns listed may sound incredibly liberal, but that's your opinion. Drawing political, social and racial lines can only destroy good intentions.

• Like 3

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! :D Some awesome ideas so far guys! I especially like the motto 'Coldplaying for Fair Play' :cool:

If this progresses further (which I really hope it does!) and we eventually have some good flyers/petitions etc, I am thinking I could ask the manager of the Starbucks Coffee I work in if I can have some out in our store.

They are a great company for charity stuff, as they are always open to ideas and willing to let partners have their say in what they would like to do for charity in the store. Plus we serve certified Fair Trade coffee, and already have info about that up in store, so it ties in well. Just a thought :)

'Coldplaying for Fair Play' sounds awesome!

There isn't many things i can do for this yet, i can't draw or designe..But i can always spread the word of this hole idea and when the fliers and t-shirts and stuff are done i can post and sell them :)

I feel much better now when i know i can do something for this :P

Yes, thanks for making the thread!!!:)

What about this. What if someone made one of those shops (I can't remember the name, it's some "cafe" thing) where you can design shirts or pins, people buy them, and you make money. Well, what if we ran something like that and ALL the proceeds went right to specific charities?

Ah, here's an example. The official Interference community shop: http://www.cafepress.com/interferencecom

The proceeds don't go to charity, there (I suppose proceeds go to maintaining the site, since it's huge). But we could do SOMETHING like that then change it so money goes to an organization, as I mentioned before.

However, we probably won't be able to design "Make Trade Fair" shirts or anything without getting our asses sued off for copyright infringement. Maybe if we want to do something like that, we should email someone in the MTF organization and ask them if it's ok. We COULD make shirts like "Coldplaying for Fair Play" on the front (with cool designs) and then on the back, a list of all the websites. I'm sure that'd be ok!

We'll have to think about this more, but I believe it could be the perfect way to get people involved in the organizations, as well as the Coldplaying community:) (we should also include regular shirts with things from this site. Maybe a "Jonny's/Guy's Maid" shirt. Hahaha)

I loooove that suggestion an_cat! I'd never heard of cafepress before, but man does it sound awesome. I wonder if you can charge whatever you want or is there some kind of base price that goes to cafepress...I'll google around to find out. But it definitely sounds good! Exciting :nice:

I love the shirts that say other things non-relating to charities. I'd be hilarious walking around with a Guy's Maid shirt.. :laugh4:

I'll guess I'll go ahead and try to come up with some logo designs for possible tshirt/pins despite us not having an official name yet.. and I'll try to make some fliers too. Just to get the ball rolling. :sneaky:

Oh and we can also advertise the charity club on our sigs like a lot of did with CFU.. but we'd need to have an official name for that I guess. I know once we have it, I'll get right on making blinkies like I did for CFU.

(kinda like:

blinky5_5596.gifor blinkie6.gif)

I realize those kinda suck so I'll definitely try to step it up for this one.. :lol:

• Like 1

*Bumpity bump, bump*

an_cat, neat idea! I have heard of cafepress before. On their site it says: "There is no limit to how much you can earn at CafePress.com. We have a base price for our products and the markup you set above the base price is your commission." So going thru the site would earn us some money, but not much. We could definitely start up our own site though, with tshirts and others crafty things like bracelets and stickers and stuff. There was one girl on here (can't remember her name :() who made some freaking awesome lyric designs that she proposed to print and sell on t-shirts. I'd totally buy one!! :P

Vic, adverts in our siggys is a good idea. Can we all put a link to this thread in your sigs? I got word back from Ian in regards to getting a section of the board, and he said that we could have it only if we have enough interest, and enough daily content to keep the forum "running continuously." So there we have it. :thinking:

• Like 1

You kill me Angie :laugh4: :laugh4:

Jonny's Fluffer... *makes a note of it* :lol: If anyone has any other suggestion for shirts, please do tell. :sneaky:

Can we all put a link to this thread in your sigs? I got word back from Ian in regards to getting a section of the board' date=' and he said that we could have it [i']only [/i]if we have enough interest, and enough daily content to keep the forum "running continuously." So there we have it. :thinking:

I'll put it on my sig for sure too. I figured Ian would say something along those lines.. we definitely need more interest and support.

Oh and another site I like.. and completely forgot to post! Doesn't have alot to do with the charities, but it's a small way to help. One can click everyday (or whenever) to help feed the hungry. They also have other options one can click and help, like the breast cancer one (helps fund free mammograms for women in need) or the children's health or literacy and animal rescue one. They're all tabbed at the top! :happy:

www.thehungersite.com

Oh and another site I like.. and completely forgot to post! Doesn't have alot to do with the charities, but it's a small way to help. One can click everyday (or whenever) to help feed the hungry. They also have other options one can click and help, like the breast cancer one (helps fund free mammograms for women in need) or the children's health or literacy and animal rescue one. They're all tabbed at the top! :happy:

www.thehungersite.com

Oh yeah! I know of that site. Here's another one: http://www.therainforestsite.com/ - Just a click a day helps fund the preservation of rainforest land.

Edit: Oh duh, I just noticed it's tabbed at the top of the link you gave as well! :P

i think everyone who's willing to be involved should officially write their name (or screenname hehe) here so its easier to see how many people are interested. i don't think people should start making fliers and everything if the interest inst there. so here's me officially signign :)

boomslang (Junior)

Good idea boomslang! And have Lunar as the founder/leader and appointme some co-mods and then have members.

We should also appoint jobs. Like secretary, graphic design, promoter, ect.

I voulenteered for graphic design and promotion so I'll take of that. I can also be organizer/archiver/secretary person because I'm insanely ODD and love to organize and such. :lol:

First post has been updated! boomslang, your idea has been implemented :lol:

Frostebite, we'll figure out job positions, and the finer details soon as more people become interested. Right now I just want to concentrate on getting word out about this whole thingy.

Thanks therese for the link. I put it in the first post. :nice:

And I was thinking, if there isn't sufficient interest on here for Ian to give us a forum, then we could easily start up another website/forum to meet our needs. We can make this happen one way or another...:sneaky:

It's supposed to be smoke! :laugh4: Give me a little break eh? My ASCII drawing sucks! :laugh4: I'm not sure which one was posted here, but I can give you mine? Works just fine for me! :)

By the way I love (love love) the idea of us getting a forum/section outside of coldplaying, if we can't have one here. Unfortunately I know nothing about running a forum properly, so hopefully someone here does and is willing to help in that way, because that'd be amazing.