✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

lmao, I love your gif, Vic, I really do! I get it now...it's a train! Choo, choo. :laugh4: I just found a program on my computer which I think will work to make a gif...if it doesn't, I may take you up on your offer. Thanks! :kiss:

I know of a few places where we can create a forum...I'll look into it.

:nice: to your thread link in your sig. A little :heart: too! Yay! But just so you know, your MAKE POVERTY HISTORY text can't be read anymore....:( Might want to change it back to white. ;)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh.. I see now, you're using the 'brothers and sisters' skin, right Lune? I completely forgot that skin is all dark and anything written in black isn't visible.. maybe I should change that train to gray or something! :laugh4:

Don't hesitate to ask if you need the animator :wink:

Ahh, that's why I couldn't see your train! Vic, it's AWESOME! Me gusta muuucho. And the little green equal signs. Brilliant.

I'm making a little thing now...which doesn't even come close to how cool yours is...but I'm tryin! :P

lunar(can i call you lunar? :wacko: ), i love the first one :D

Chris looks funny when his mouth is open :lol: but at the same time it looks like he's screaming " JOIN THE COLDPLAYING CHARITY CLUB!!!" and that's just good! :cool:

I love those Lune! Dammit why are we only allowed one sig picture?!

Shame isn't it? :cry: I can't get rid of my penguins! They are too near and dear to me now! :lol:

lunar(can i call you lunar? ), i love the first one

Chris looks funny when his mouth is open but at the same time it looks like he's screaming " JOIN THE COLDPLAYING CHARITY CLUB!!!" and that's just good!

My name is Nadia, but that isn't a commonly known piece of information in these parts. ;) "You can call me whatever you like. Just don't say I'm going bald." omg, where'd that come from?? ;) I need to stop watching Live 2003. Annnnyhow, feel free to use those little promo banners if you want. I plan on making some more soon.

Ahh! Great things happening here guys! i'm working on a few banners' date=' buttons and icons as we speak.[/quote']

Yeaaah, cool! :cool:

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't been involved in the past few days, it's the last week before school vacation and things are insane around here. Not much time to stop by and get updated.

I love all the new ideas, guys! I think we could pimp it around a bit, make little sayings like "Make Coldplaying more than just a forum, join the Coldplaying Charity Club and do some good while logged in!" or whatever. I hope we get our own area of the forum, or at LEAST get this stickied. It's certainly important enough. It would be really cool to see this grow and develop into a real compaign. Think about it, all these people logged in. Thousands of us Coldplaying people, right? Well, think what we all could do with just one dollar! That's quite a bit of money if everyone just bought a pin, or a shirt, or gave a little bit. Or made fliers, etc. I suggest everyone put it in their profiles, I am! (wait, how do you put a link in your profile? I'm dumb....)

Has Ian mentioned anything about actually making shirts with the Coldplaying name on them, or whatever? He created this place and we'll need his full support and authority to do what we want. We can't go stealing his name and doing whatever we want with it. But it could be a really great little grass roots campaign, a forum.... but also a forum that does good!:)

• Like 1

^ an_cat, the fact that cping has so many hundreds of members was what got me thinking bout this thing in the first place. You're right.....$1 per person aint much skin off anyones back, but together we could do a lot of good! OOooOO, idea: we should start a $1.00 campaign!!!

Sadly, not nearly as many people have shown interest as I'd hoped. :( The sig links may help a bit. To make a link use the [ url=http://....] text [ url/ ] tags.

Here's the code in my sig:

[b ][color="Red" ]

♥ [url="http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28988" ]Coldplaying Charity Club[/url ] ♥[/color ][/b ]

(just delete the spaces if you want to use it)

I haven't asked Ian yet about using the coldplaying.com name on t-shirts. I'm sure he wouldn't mind (hey, it's promotion for him), but I suppose we should get permission first. :P

Good luck with exams before your term is up!

• Like 1

Thanks for the good luck wishes, I'm going to need them...:sick: :stunned:

I hope more people show interest. I think we could definately get more if this were stickied. And it does have a relation to Coldplay... Hm. Maybe we could get a mod here to sticky it! Then we'll start building up attention, hopefully working our way up to our own portion of the board like CFU had.

I hope you don't mind if I use what you have in your signature... I want people to start recognizing it and maybe if they were all similiar people will start saying "Hey, what's this? I don't want to be left out! *goes to check it out!*"

We need to start pimping this around. I was hoping the shirt idea (and not JUST charity themed shirts) would get people motivated. It'd definately be fun to design them. Maybe things like "Coldplaying.com" and on the back "Not just a forum..." LMFAO! I'll keep bumping this, to make sure it doesn't drop any pages. And I'll post whenever I find a new charity/organization/ whatever that might be worthwhile. :)

• Like 1

I'll ask LiquidSky or one of the other mods for a sticky......ooor we can continue bumping it like mad. :P

Maybe things like "Coldplaying.com" and on the back "Not just a forum..." LMFAO!

Coldplaying.com

Not just a forum...but a way of LIFE!! :lol:

Aww, look at our sigs. They match. How cute. :D

• Like 1

Haha, it IS quite cute... isn't it? LMFAO You don't mind, right? I'd like to see a lot of people put the same. It's nice and attention grabbing, which is what we need.

Haha, I like that! "A way of LIFE!" so true!

• Like 2

Haha, it IS quite cute... isn't it? LMFAO You don't mind, right? I'd like to see a lot of people put the same. It's nice and attention grabbing, which is what we need.

Haha, I like that! "A way of LIFE!" so true!

I don't mind at all! I think its good if we have some uniformity....a real bonifide club!!

btw, an_cat, look what you've done to my rep rating! Oh my! You didn't need to go and do that. :P I feel I should have more of a reason to deserve it. But woah, thanks anyway. :kiss: Does this mean I'm cool now?? lmao :D:lol:

I don't mind at all! I think its good if we have some uniformity....a real bonifide club!!

btw, an_cat, look what you've done to my rep rating! Oh my! You didn't need to go and do that. :P I feel I should have more of a reason to deserve it. But woah, thanks anyway. :kiss: Does this mean I'm cool now?? lmao :D:lol:

It makes you very cool! And you made the thread and got the ball rolling, so you definately deserved all the reps!:D

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the cafepress thing? Myyy is it awesome! You can make shirts out of practically any pic you have saved in your pc! Amazing. I want to try and design some logos..I'll post the tshirts here after to see how everyone feels about them. We're sticking to the "Coldplaying Charity Club" as the official name, right? CCC?

I haven't asked Ian yet about using the coldplaying.com name on t-shirts. I'm sure he wouldn't mind (hey, it's promotion for him), but I suppose we should get permission first. :P

Fine with me. Consider me asked :)

My only reservation is that if the site name is used online, then it is kept within the four walls of the site, and not used to spawn another website/members area.

Ian

^Great! :)

Thankyou Ian.

Vic, I look forward to the t-shirt ideas! The $1 idea is really great...im sure many people on here would donate (i hope so anyway)! Each of us donating a small amount could add up to something amazing for such a good cause...im really excited about this :nice:

Fine with me. Consider me asked :)

My only reservation is that if the site name is used online, then it is kept within the four walls of the site, and not used to spawn another website/members area.

Ian

Thanks Ian!:D

I really would like this to stay inside Coldplaying, most definately! It IS Coldplaying Charity Club, afterall! If it were based somewhere else, well, it'd defeat the purpose!

What'd I'd love is this to become a real community thing. Bring everyone together. I think there have been some weird dynamics going around, and maybe with this we can bring all Coldplaying people together for a good cause:) We shouldn't MAKE people pay to "get in" either, I hope it's not coming across as that. And I don't think it should totally be "members" based. It should be open to everyone, and the members can be people who have specific jobs, like flier making/whatever, shirt designing, managing the "shop" (?possibly?). You know? I hope I'm making sense!

• Like 1

Didn't think you'd pop in here, Ian. Thanks for the O.K. for making cping tshirts. :D They'll be awesome, we promise.

Danielle, yup, I totally agree with you too. I was just thinking if things fall thru over here, then we might be forced to start a new forum up (not using the coldplaying name of course), but yeah, that kinda deviates from the whole idea in the first place. Iaaaan, pleeease can we have our own section? :lol: I'll beg if i have to. :P Hope it wont come to that though!

It shouldn't be members based persay, no offical regulations to 'get in' or anything, but I think people like the idea of belonging to a club, so it is kinda fun to keep a list of people who have 'joined.' In no way will it be exclusive or (god forbid) cliquey. :confused:

I'm glad you brought up the point about money. People shouldn't feel pressured to donate anything. It'd be nice, but hey, there are plenty of other things people can do! Charity comes in many different forms.

I love the idea of what you're doing here guys! I think that the boys would be so proud. Good on you all for starting it all up. Hopefully it will be the start of something very very worthwhile. :nice:

Id like to donate and help out, but first I have to figure out this pay-pal thing!!! :laugh4:!