✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

I really like the idea of do something for charity, it would be awesom if we can help , all we can, people who dont have the same life condition than us.... I woul be gratefull if i can help ... u cout with me!!! :) I can design!! hehe! I really like that....

hehe!!

Anita...

any info pm me...... thanx!

:)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about the wells' date=' and how the U2 comm got behind one major idea, are we thinking of doing something like that? I think that the shirts and merchandise is really cool for just simple donations to charities (who, we'll have to decide later/soon). But what if we came up with a really incredible project? I'm going to start scouring around to see if there are things going on that need help, or need to be stopped, whatever (sorry for the use of "whatever" here, I realise that sounds kind of flippant).[/quote']

I need to clarify -- While we did correspond (and they continue to) with Principle Management (U2's people), we never actually had any sort of official partnership with them or U2.com. They expressed their support to us on the phone, but on the official front all they ever did was report on us a few times on the website -- and that was only after a very significant amount of achievement...I'd say by that time I'd been working on the project for well over a year and a half.

Sorry to sound like a lawyer hehe.

Anyway, I think venture philanthropy is a very good place to start. It's very easy and direct, and low-risk. You can always branch out from there. It sounds like there are a lot of ideas flying around, but while that continues, perhaps a few people should start organizing and focusing on the t-shirt and getting that off the ground. Once some cash starts flowing in from that, then some of it can perhaps be used to launch other projects.

I'm so loving this thread.. *hugs thread* :laugh4:

What a interesting idea to go around PMing everyone! I can take a letter, too! I never miss an opportunity to harrass people.. :lol:

Vic' date=' I'm thinking cafepress too. :( I really wanted to find something where we wouldn't have to have a gobetween between the money and the charity...but it looks like the best option at the moment. Maybe we can try it out, and see how well it works. If it doesn't, we can attempt something different. But I'm still googling around for other 'cafepress-like' sites....something might turn up![/quote']

Well.. if we really don't want to worry about the charity money, we can do the eBay/Missionfish.. if we get around making the shirts professionally, I can also do shipping since I have the means to do so at work and nothing comes from my own pockets! :cheesy: :sneaky: I'm at work practically 24/7 too and can get them shipped very quickly. The problem would be finding a place that makes quality shirts at fairly reasonable prices. And yeah.. I'm a English major, how ever did ya know? :lol:

I too loveee the idea of kinda adopting a child! My dad used to do that all the time...they send you a bunch of cute stickers and pictures of the child as a thank you. We should definitely do that!

I'm so excited! Tinker what you started up sounds simply unreal..amazing. I'm so glad you made your way over here, I'm sure you'll help us enormously with all your experience. The site you're making.. what is it about exactly?

Welll it's still really vaguely defined...And in last year's journal, I might add! Hmm let me pull it out lol. The main idea is a website for music fans who are socially aware and are, if you will, "moved by the music" into action. I want to provide information and resources to people about how they can become involved and implement their ideas. I want to create a community around it -- living, breathing proof that music can and does change the world.

OK..List of site features:

-message boards

-blog w/ regular column about various issues

-resources/info about organizations

-profiles of bands and the causes they support

-opinion polls

-news stories/features on different projects

Ok on my list of objectives:

-Facilitate action

-Facilitate discussion

-Provide info/resources

-Prompt thought and inquiry into issues

Again, it's still very vaguely defined and I'm not even sure if I'll even need to start an NPO for it. It might just end up being a website and nothing more. Which is fine. We'll see how it goes. If I get it together, anyway.

The project does have a name, but I'm afraid to talk about it because I haven't yet secured the domain and whatnot. But it's a cute name hehe. ;)

EDIT: Okay well the greedy bastards who own the domain I want won't sell it to me, so it will be located at http://www.projectlemonaid.org. There's nothing really there right now except for a bunch of quotes and a working logo.

• Like 1

I am so, so behind and I feel really bad. School has been crushing down on me lately and I have lectures in the afternoons and there have been SO MANY developments in a few short days! This is incrediable!

I'll be back later tonight to read all the posts a bit more thoroughly and then post back with something constructive to contribute (Hopefully) afterwards. I just wanted to pop in and congradulate all my fellow philanthropists out there. :)

And also give a big welcome to tinker who seems to really know his/her stuff! :D Welcome to the thread!

Be back later guys!

Hmmm..I decided to read this thread...saw it in frostbitepanda's sig. And I must say its pretty freaking organized! I like the t-shirt ideas! Especially the one with the baudot code! I would def. buy that! nd now that I have money its a good time! lol I like where you/we are going with this...my creativity just went up hill! I will come back during the weekend and post some ideas! :)

And also give a big welcome to tinker who seems to really know his/her stuff! :D Welcome to the thread!

Hehe I don't know about that but whatever service I could be I hope will be useful...anyway I am Starlightm42 on LJ. So, hi. :)

Oy.. sorry for the delay! I finally got around to making some shirts through Cafepress.. since Lune focused on the charity, I tried to focus on the boys so we have more choices and to attract others whatever way we can. Any suggestions on shirt colors or font colors (or font type or word choices) or anything at all that might make them any better are very welcome, God knows I need all the help I can get! :laugh4:

I put down the shirt sample I used incase anyone wants to know.. we can use any other model/color, of course.

01 Custom White T-Shirt $13.99 (base price)

01WhenIgrowup.jpg

02 Custom Value T-Shirt $8.99 (base price)

02Guyspick.jpg

Not sure if we'd prefer the "When I grow up" part or no?

03 Custom Fitted T-Shirt - USA Made $15.99 (base price)

03IbelieveinChrisMartin.jpg

Not a big fan of that Chris pic.. but I couldn't really find an appropriate one. Ideas anyone?

Some silly blinkies.. I fixed that train so it's visible (I hope!) in the all the board skins :sneaky:

joinccc.gif

trainccc.gif

And I'll be working on Jonny and Will shirts next hopefully! Just give me another 475,896 days, por favor.. :lol:

• Like 1

You know what we could do? We could sort the member list alphabetically and both pick letters to cover. You start with A' date=' and I'll do the Bs...and only PM the active members (people who have logged on sometime within the past month, let's say?)[/quote']

Why don't we try to be more people doing this so we can save a lot of time :)

I won't probably be able to give you a lot of support but I'll try to do my best

nice idea for the t-shirts Vic :nice:

Oh! And Vic! Awesome shirts, I love how we're using the idea of having alternate styles instead of JUST the ones specific "about" charity. I know that Angie (or someone??) said earlier that she wants a shirt that says "Jonny's Personal Fluffer" (or was it Guy's? DOES IT MATTER?! LMFAO!). Or "Guy's Maid". Sort of inside jokes around here, but that's what would make it fun! ;)

Great work guys! I've never tried designing shirts... where could you get the template for it? :confused:

Hey guys! I LOVE what's going on here! Great designs Vic and great work Danielle with the PM campaign. :smug: I loves yous guys. *Huggels*

In the mean time, I've set up the Gmail account and I'm PMing Vic and Danielle the password. Nadia has already been notified. I'm also planning on making posts about this in the Coldplay LJ community. I already put my banners up there and a few people posted them in their user info, but I think it'd get the word out more if I made a seperate post about it.

I slapped together some more banners as well. I'm a slight rush, so sorry for the slightly poor work, but I thought that some more compact banners for signatures would be practical. :)

Here they are:

jonnyfunnymirror.jpg

guy128qe4fe.jpg

cccban4.jpg

ccc6.jpg

ccc5.jpg

And there you go!

• Like 1

No prob!

I was also thinking that, if sounds good to you guys, I could make and design a super cool LJ for CCC. that way we can have our own unofficial website type thing. We could post stories and E-mails we receive from organizations, promotional type things, and anything else that meets our fancy. It could be a sort of centeral meeting place and be a bit more organized. Of course, if Ian grants us our own little niche on Coldplaying, we can always have those as well, but I think it's always nice to have a community on LJ. It's cohesive and will keep people and things together. :)

Just let me know!

Also, when I have time, I'm going to make a master document file on my harddrive, archiving and documenting all that's developed so far, future plans and will update it regularly just to keep things down! :D

Cheers!

I posted a thread on the Official site yesterday and had almost 200 views already a few responses, all of which are interested and positive! It would be great if all the boards come together on this....this could be really big! For all CP Fans!

I'm sorry, but I am really illiterate on the technical part of this, but I can get that message out there! I spoke with several coworkers at Disney today, and they all thought it was just a great idea...may get some to join the board and or just get involved... Disney's strange about stuff like this, they don't like you talking about anything but Disney...but I can work this into any conversation, since Coldplay has a song in their new movie, The Wild...that's my opportunity to spread the word! Hahah!

So, I took one of the blue globe pics off the shirt design and put it on a bumper sticker, it should be arriving in a couple days, to see what it would look like...2.99 from cafepress. Whenever we decide what our charity project will be, which I hope will be something unique...These could easily be sold for the decided charity! And the bumper stickers would be easy to take to concerts, cause they are small...hey, if we could get 12,000 signs into Philly show, we could get a few of these into the last of the shows, well, if anyone over there is going to any of the shows... Just say you are part of the "volunteers for CCC.com", believe me, it works! I was the talker for the Sign Gang at the gate entrance. We would have a great start in profits... we just need to decide on the charity or project! :)

Guest Grace

i've just read your pm an_cat ...

and i'm in too ... i think it's a great idea ...

and it's good to inform other boards ... it would be great if we could mobilise coldplay fans all over the globe

Hey, glad to know people are responding to the PMs! :) I just went through the members list and was trying to find really active people who haven't posted yet in here, and I know it's really hard to see this thread. Thanks for the interest, guys!