✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know what to do. i'm in the middle of nowhere living with ppl with blatant smile on their faces to everything with some sense of doing meaningful stuff to the world.

the exceptions are when there's a proof they helped in any way so everyone can admire their "good deeds".

:bigcry:

I would be happy to create a new forum for CCC, as long as popularity doesn't wane.

I don't want another CFU forum situation, where the novelty wears off :)

Well, I think the problem with CFU is that... it didn't do anything.

We'll have to work on making this very active, with lots of things for people to do. Since Coldplay's tour's winding down now, maybe we can start getting active and make plans for the next one. Shirts, etc. I really love the shirt idea! :lol: I want one that says "CHRIST MARTIN". I like buying clothes, but what would make it even better would be to know that all the proceeds are going to charity to help people.

I think a seperate section would be really great, because we could make threads for each of these things, keep it really organized and do a lot of good. Thanks for being so helpful, Ian! You're the best:)

Awesome really..I loooove them :)

Sorry for not being so present in this plan but as Zorana said in some countries could be very difficult to realise many of the things we're speaking of...at the same time one of my colleagues is running a Fair Trade shop here in Venice, I think she can be interested, so if things will be organised I'll let her know, and maybe she can keep some flyers in the shop for people to pick them...I should check if these sites are all in english :thinking:

Lunar,

Love the t-shirts. I would buy one.

If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. Don't have loads of time on my hands due to working and having children, but will do my upmost for whatever is required to be done to get this project up and running!!

You are all doing a great job - keep it up!! :)

I'm so happy you guys like my design...and that you would actually buy one!! :nice: To my previous post, I added a "blue & green globe on black" version. Any other color requests? :P

We still need to come up with a way to produce the tshirts for the lowest cost possible, so that the maximum amount of money can go to charity. Cafepress.com is good, but their base price is kinda high (I think it's approx. $12 USD). Just to get an idea, how much is everyone willing to pay for shirts, buttons, bumper stickers, etc.?

Btw, all of you can design stuff for our 'store' too! Just post it here.

Yay to all who want to help out!! This is so awesome. :D:D Cp fans are the best.

Well, since it's all going to charity, I'd be willing to pay whatever! And it's really a great shirt, I like the black one (I'm always drawn to black). I'd pay 12 for it. I don't know of any other site we could go through.... And I don't know how it works. We'll have to look into that. But I think this is one of the best things we could do.

Hell, I just bought a 30 dollar shirt off U2.com, and all the proceeds went to Gulf Coast relief. I think 12 is pretty good. Hm.

^ The thing is, with cafepress.com, if we just paid $12 bucks, we'd make no profit! :laugh4: We only make a profit if we charge over $12. I'm pretty sure this is how it works. (cafepress: "We have a base price for our products and the markup you set above the base price is your commission."). Here is a list of all the base prices for all of their offered products: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/base_prices.aspx. Yikkes.......even MORE spendy than just $12!! What do you all think? I think we could do better if we made them ourselves (at local tshirt shops...I've got several in my town and I can call around for price quotes).

Yeesh! I see how it works now... yikes, that is pretty pricey!! I really do think we could do better making them ourselves, and selling them around. I know my friends would buy them!

However... how could we trust people to do this? Like, know that they're not going to keep the money for themselves. I know that everyone on here seems VERY reliable, and willing to help. However.... people always show their bad sides when it comes to money, if you know what I mean.

Plus, a lot of people like to order offline. I know that I do, and since I'm still living with my parents, they're a bit iffy about me making dealings with people and giving them my address over the internet. I don't know if I'm comfortable like that.

Hey, what if we got a paypal and ebay account?

Even if we did paypal or ebay....or even cafepress, we'd still have to have managers of the account, and they could easily run off with the money. This is so tricky!! We should have more than one manager, so that if something goes awry, the problem will be caught....but humm. I wish we could somehow have the money go directly to a charity, but I can't think of how.

Edit: Oh i remember now that Vic had the idea of a shared email account with which we would register for the paypal so that everyone could see the transactions taking place and monitor what's going on with their money! The pw for the paypal should be kept privy to just a small number of people though, imo.

I can't either...... We'll just have to keep looking, maybe we can send emails to the people who manage the internet portion of the campaigns and ask them what we can do to help, basically tell them what we're doing. *shrug*

I like the donate one dollar thing, I'm going to go look on the sites now and see where on each of them they give links to donate...

Omg Nadia those shirts!! :wacky: I just love that logo! So cool, I'd definitely take a good couple of those, you're a designing genius! :cheesy: :mad:

The base prices for cafepress are quite high.. a friend recommended me another site (Spreadshirt.com) similar to cafepress, but the base prices aren't any better.

I guess we can always take an_cat's idea and make an eBay account, and put the shirts and everything else up there to that account so we can buy through there?

So far I think we'll have to make the eBay account. A paypal one and a Gmail. All confirmation receipts (from ebay sales/paypal donations/ etc) of everything bought or sold can be sent or forwarded to that gmail account, and it'll be easier to keep track of that way? It's also easier to see whats going on and to make sure there isn't any funny business going on. Would that work? I think paypal sends confirmation mails everytime you either put money in (our case, donations) or take money out (our case, when we give it to a charity organization) so we'll definitely be able to tell if something iffy is going about and if someone is taking money out for other purposes. Any flaws in that plan?

Those are amazing lunar! I'd so buy one! :D It's strange because I made some designs quite like those just the other day! But I don't know how I'd ever get them made, seeing as though they're on paper.

And I apologise for not being around for a while. My family's bee commencing in some major spring cleaning and I've been too busy and exhausted to activly contribute to this wonderful idea. I'll be done with my room today though, and I can work on some banners and icons tonight. :)

And that sounds great Vic. I can see about the Gmail account. I have dozens of invites that I can send to my hotmail account and create an address. Then we can make a password that's Coldplay related and share it with only "select" members I suppose. "[email protected]" perhaps? If you'd like me to go ahead a do that, just let me know. :) We can discuss the password through PM. (I'm thinking lunar, vic, an_cat and anyone else who has been most active should be able to log into the account, that way there are several people o keep an eye on things. :) )

So far I think we'll have to make the eBay account. A paypal one and a Gmail. All confirmation receipts (from ebay sales/paypal donations/ etc) of everything bought or sold can be sent or forwarded to that gmail account, and it'll be easier to keep track of that way? It's also easier to see whats going on and to make sure there isn't any funny business going on. Would that work? I think paypal sends confirmation mails everytime you either put money in (our case, donations) or take money out (our case, when we give it to a charity organization) so we'll definitely be able to tell if something iffy is going about and if someone is taking money out for other purposes. Any flaws in that plan?

You know, I think this will work!! We can put fixed prices on ebay too, right? This week I'll try to find a good place to make shirts. The place where I work might actually be able to make a lot of the stuff we need. (It's a printing and mailing place. :P)

Frostbite, can't wait to see your designs. :)

I've got some other ideas for shirts, which I'll post later.

I really do like the ebay account idea, and with ebay you don't have to BID, you just put "Buy It Now" and that'll be it. Maybe 10 bucks? or cheaper? I don't know, people seem really willing to pay so far (I know I am), and that's a great sign. And what's very nice is that people will see how this idea developed (we should link to this thread on each page with the shirts, incase anyone unfamiliar with ebay should happen across it up for sale) and they'll see that we are all very good people with only good motives on our minds. No ripping off happening!