🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Offical Top Gear Thread

::Hayley::

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great episode but put abit of a damper on it when I heard that Jeremy Clarkson already knew how to ride a bike and all that about him getting the locals to help him was nonsence.

Considering when doing his Motorworld series back years ago, he rode a motorcycle in Vietnam (and enjoyed it).

I loved Richard's repairs to Jeremy's picture by painting something 'familiar' onto it (A land-rover)

Did you see their budget is getting cut? Was reported yesterday but can't find the article on the Beeb at the moment. Apparently Jeremy's solution is to blow the budget on 13 out of the 14 shows & then have one rubbish show at the end of the series!!!

Did you see their budget is getting cut? Was reported yesterday but can't find the article on the Beeb at the moment. Apparently Jeremy's solution is to blow the budget on 13 out of the 14 shows & then have one rubbish show at the end of the series!!!

But yet irony the Top Gear brand is a good money-spinner for the BBC, selling episodes to other countries, selling the top gear magazine.

I've also heard the BBC has increased the budget for the world Tiddlywinks championships

its not just those things. have you seen the sudden increase in Top Gear related DVD's which all carry the BBC logo? BBC Worldwide distributes all those sort of things so would be doing very nicely off the back of them

• 4 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

The Official Top Gear Thread

Here to discuss the greatest programme on earth. Can't wait untill the Hamster, May and Jezza return to our screens at the end of next month! Heard rumours they're filming where I live, so we'll see if that is true! What's everyone's favourite Top Gear moment?

For me it's the convertible people carrier

Image.jpg

P.S

What's everyone thinking they should do for future challenges?

• 1 month later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Top Gear - New Series Starts Sunday

For those fans of Top Gear a new series will start THIS SUNDAY at the usual time slot of 8pm I think. Can't wait. This will mean even more viewers being sucked away from Big Brother.

One challenge this series I can exclusively reveal was Richard and James racing from the Scilly Isles to the Orkney Isles (where I live) in a Porsche against the Royal Mail service.... I'd like to tell you who won but you'll just have to wait a few weeks.

cool :) and according to my online tv guide, it is indeed 8pm on BBC 2

New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compete in a Fifties-style race from London to Edinburgh. On the footplate of the A1 Tornado steam train, Jeremy has to feed the boiler with a constant supply of coal, Richard braves the saddle of a Vincent Black Shadow motorbike and James drives an old Jaguar XK120 as the trio discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago