✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC commercial/trailer

Rodan

Yo all coldplayers! :)

Let's take it from the beginning.

November 7th 2005, Coldplay - Stockholm.

I attended to that concert, amazing, breathtaking, still flying on clouds.

Yeah.

When I came home, I watched some video clips that a friend of mind sent me from the concert.

Then I got the idea to put together the entire concert, like a DVD just for me and some friends.

Then suddenly I got emails from fans that offered to send me their videos, and after that I got another idea, why not put together the concert and with multi-angle’s, you know like a real tour DVD.

So then I got to work, I started a thread on every Coldplay forum I could find and askt people on different online communities in Sweden.

And now I have 6 gigabyte of video material from the concert.

So it's a pretty big work. And now it coming to and end and its getting ready to be released.

And there’s a thing that I've managed to work out, theirs a upcoming clothing company here in Sweden, that is going to lunch in about 1½ months, it's called "Banni" and they are making special designed Coldplay bags and iPod covers, and those are Coldplaying-only products.

They are going to help out with the storage of the movie, so that it goes fast do download when it's released.

International orders (Outside of Sweden) are also going to work. More information of this when the fancam-movie is released.

But now to the actually topic.

As you know, there are thousands if not millions of Coldplay fans all over the world. So, why not use the upcoming fancam-dvd to promote CCC?

It's an amazing exposure, thousands of people, even millions.

So I've decided to help with the making of an CCC commercial/trailer

I've been thinking of some ideas how the commercial/trailer could look like.

- That members of Coldplaying make a video, where they explain why CCC is a good thing, and why people need to help out. Like the "Every tree second a child dies" video.

- An comparison of a life of children in Africa and with those in the rich countries.

- A picture-text video, where I use pictures of children in bad condition and use text to inform the viewer.

Those are the tree ideas I have, but if you have any other ideas just write them down here in the thread.

So hers what’s needed for all the ideas.

1. A person that makes a voice over.

2. A transcript of what is going to be said in the video.

So that’s all for me for now, man, this was a long post.

• Like 1

I like the simple picture-text format, with voiceover idea. I don't have the best 'radio voice,' so I can't really help out in that aspect...but I'm sure someone will volunteer! Can't wait to see how the 'ad' and DVD turn out!! :D

Umm, my girlfriend actually did voiceovers for her school news program. It was an award winning news show, so maybe I could get her to help? I dont really know how it would work though. Do I just need a mic? Do I record it onto my computer and then send it to you or something? If anyone knows the best way to do it, let me know, because I will. I could probly get her to do it.

Totally forgot to post this... how's this sound for the ad?

Want to try to make a difference?

Want to raise awareness about issues that affect our and other's daily lives?

Join the movement! Help us follow in the footsteps of Coldplay.. by aiding children in need, assisting in charity projects, promoting Coldplay supported organizations (like Make Trade Fair and Oxfam) and by helping one another encourage a drive for giving. Together we can make a huge difference!

The Coldplaying Charity Club - Coldplaying for fair play

You think there should be more dialogue Rodan? I'm sure we can add more if need be.. or people can suggest as well!

Keep us posted :wink:

• Like 1

Totally forgot to post this... how's this sound for the ad?

Join the movement! Help us follow in the footsteps of Coldplay.. by aiding children in need, assisting in charity projects, promoting Coldplay supported organizations (like Make Trade Fair and Oxfam) and by helping one another encourage a drive for giving. Together we can make a huge difference!

You think there should be more dialogue Rodan? I'm sure we can add more if need be.. or people can suggest as well!

Keep us posted :wink:

I think that is great!!

You don't want too much dialogue though. How long will the ad last for?

ok i'm gonna take a stab at the possible visual for the ad with victaniac's dialogue..... but i don't have any pictures of coldplay or anything so if everyone likes and rodan approves and people have photos they can post!!

a black background with the words "want to try to make a difference?" (in white and medium to big font, maybe the coldplay one?) appears to cap immediate attention. it'd be cool if they could start small gradually get larger so people stay looking.

while this sentence is being said there could be something like a newspaper that appears showing headlines..... like "genocide in cambodia (with a little faded pic at the bottom like a regular newspaper)" [i don't know if there's genocide there at the mo but you get it] or "childen starve in africa" and the likes and maybe a few more headlines for a few seconds after the sentence is said.

Join the movement!

again a black screen with the words "join the movement!" again getting bigger or moving off to the side.. something that'll hold attention.

Help us follow in the footsteps of Coldplay..

a picture of all four guys appears for this part

by aiding children in need,

show a picture of a child alone sitting on the ground or in a seting where the child looks neglected? i see it as a child sitting on the dirty ground, and the cam zooms in on his face. maybe he's sad or crying.

assisting in charity projects,

black background, promote the $1.36 campaign with the 1.36 banner here? not sure.

promoting Coldplay supported organizations

still black background, showing the names and logos of all the charities we have listed in the other thread. they can be moving (slowly) or moving around the screen.. keep attentino again.

(like Make Trade Fair and Oxfam)

show the MTF Equal sign bigger than the rest and then the Oxfam one

and by helping one another encourage a drive for giving. Together we can make a huge difference!

A series of pictures of people or children getting help maybe. like a farmer farming, fresh batch of vegetables, or a child being attended to at an doctor's office, children being taught in school, children eating, playing with each other, smiling, ect.

black background, and "The Coldplaying Charity Club - Coldplaying for fair play" written with the world logo (the one with "we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do" on it.)

and after, just a black screen showing the address of the section or the page.

and that's how i see it!! :D sorry for the long post :(

• Like 3

^ That played out beautifully in my head!! I like the concept a lot. I'll start gathering images to fit what you described. For the "and by helping one another encourage a drive for giving. Together we can make a huge difference!" scene, I imagine hearing the sound of children laughing and playing...maybe I could find a sound byte of that. Could we have music playing faintly in the background? Maybe "Brothers & Sisters" or HYSTW V.#2?

Boomslang.. you deserve a medal. That's awesome, I loveeee it :heart: The sound byte idea sounds great too Nads, so exciting! :cheesy: I'll be collecting possible images too, should they be a certain size and/or quality? Anyone know?

ok i'm gonna take a stab at the possible visual for the ad with victaniac's dialogue..... but i don't have any pictures of coldplay or anything so if everyone likes and rodan approves and people have photos they can post!!

a black background with the words "want to try to make a difference?" (in white and medium to big font, maybe the coldplay one?) appears to cap immediate attention. it'd be cool if they could start small gradually get larger so people stay looking.

while this sentence is being said there could be something like a newspaper that appears showing headlines..... like "genocide in cambodia (with a little faded pic at the bottom like a regular newspaper)" [i don't know if there's genocide there at the mo but you get it] or "childen starve in africa" and the likes and maybe a few more headlines for a few seconds after the sentence is said.

Join the movement!

again a black screen with the words "join the movement!" again getting bigger or moving off to the side.. something that'll hold attention.

Help us follow in the footsteps of Coldplay..

a picture of all four guys appears for this part

by aiding children in need,

show a picture of a child alone sitting on the ground or in a seting where the child looks neglected? i see it as a child sitting on the dirty ground, and the cam zooms in on his face. maybe he's sad or crying.

assisting in charity projects,

black background, promote the $1.36 campaign with the 1.36 banner here? not sure.

promoting Coldplay supported organizations

still black background, showing the names and logos of all the charities we have listed in the other thread. they can be moving (slowly) or moving around the screen.. keep attentino again.

(like Make Trade Fair and Oxfam)

show the MTF Equal sign bigger than the rest and then the Oxfam one

and by helping one another encourage a drive for giving. Together we can make a huge difference!

A series of pictures of people or children getting help maybe. like a farmer farming, fresh batch of vegetables, or a child being attended to at an doctor's office, children being taught in school, children eating, playing with each other, smiling, ect.

black background, and "The Coldplaying Charity Club - Coldplaying for fair play" written with the world logo (the one with "we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do" on it.)

and after, just a black screen showing the address of the section or the page.

and that's how i see it!! :D sorry for the long post :(

:):elf: bright idea

you win,will somebody make some trailers?:huh:

Based off boomslang's way cool video concept, and vic's script, I made a 'rough draft' video with pics I found online.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20897966/CCCTRAILER.wmv.html

Obviously needs tweaking, but is that how you imagined it boomslang? :D

I used text instead of voice over for two reasons: 1) it would sound awful with my voice, 2) I could use music instead! :P

• Like 1

OMFG Nadia. That made me tear up for some unknown reason! And I'm sooo not a crier... it's just perfect. And now I'm thinking the words become more powerful when one reads them instead of just hearing them, even?

Loveee it. Amazing job!! :dance:

Based off boomslang's way cool video concept, and vic's script, I made a 'rough draft' video with pics I found online.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20897966/CCCTRAILER.wmv.html

Obviously needs tweaking, but is that how you imagined it boomslang? :D

I used text instead of voice over for two reasons: 1) it would sound awful with my voice, 2) I could use music instead! :P

In all seriousness? I'm stunned. :stunned:

• 1 month later...
Yo all coldplayers! :)

Let's take it from the beginning.

November 7th 2005, Coldplay - Stockholm.

I attended to that concert, amazing, breathtaking, still flying on clouds.

Yeah.

When I came home, I watched some video clips that a friend of mind sent me from the concert.

Then I got the idea to put together the entire concert, like a DVD just for me and some friends.

Then suddenly I got emails from fans that offered to send me their videos, and after that I got another idea, why not put together the concert and with multi-angle’s, you know like a real tour DVD.

So then I got to work, I started a thread on every Coldplay forum I could find and askt people on different online communities in Sweden.

And now I have 6 gigabyte of video material from the concert.

So it's a pretty big work. And now it coming to and end and its getting ready to be released.

And there’s a thing that I've managed to work out, theirs a upcoming clothing company here in Sweden, that is going to lunch in about 1½ months, it's called "Banni" and they are making special designed Coldplay bags and iPod covers, and those are Coldplaying-only products.

They are going to help out with the storage of the movie, so that it goes fast do download when it's released.

International orders (Outside of Sweden) are also going to work. More information of this when the fancam-movie is released.

But now to the actually topic.

As you know, there are thousands if not millions of Coldplay fans all over the world. So, why not use the upcoming fancam-dvd to promote CCC?

It's an amazing exposure, thousands of people, even millions.

So I've decided to help with the making of an CCC commercial/trailer

I've been thinking of some ideas how the commercial/trailer could look like.

- That members of Coldplaying make a video, where they explain why CCC is a good thing, and why people need to help out. Like the "Every tree second a child dies" video.

- An comparison of a life of children in Africa and with those in the rich countries.

- A picture-text video, where I use pictures of children in bad condition and use text to inform the viewer.

Those are the tree ideas I have, but if you have any other ideas just write them down here in the thread.

So hers what’s needed for all the ideas.

1. A person that makes a voice over.

2. A transcript of what is going to be said in the video.

So that’s all for me for now, man, this was a long post.

Be sure to clear all your copyrights, or you may a have a large legal bill awaiting you.