June 27, 200620 yr Author JK Rowling has said two characters will die in the seventh and final Harry Potter book, but she has been careful not to reveal which ones. She told the Richard and Judy show that she had long known how the series would end, because she had written the last chapter "in something like 1990". "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. She refused to elaborate, as "I don't want the hate mail or anything else". Rowling said she could understand why authors might want to finish off their main characters in order to ensure they could never be resurrected. She would not say if this would be the case with Harry. However, she admitted she had "never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books". 'Arrogant' This approach had meant she had been "lambasted" by several people, she said. "I think they thought it was very arrogant of me to write the end of my seven books series when I didn't have a publisher and no-one had heard of me." The author also told the Channel 4 programme she didn't expect to create a character more successful than the teenage wizard. "I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry." On Sunday, Rowling attended the Queen's 80th birthday party at Buckingham Palace, and said she was "doing well" with the final book. However, she did not confirm a publication date. http://www.bbc.co.uk
June 27, 200620 yr I saw the interview. "Jo" is very down-to-earth - not bad for someone who's richer than the Queen!:cool:
June 27, 200620 yr Its amazing how her life turned around, form having almost nothing to, well being richer than the Queen :D
June 27, 200620 yr Its amazing how her life turned around' date=' form having almost nothing to, well being richer than the Queen :D[/quote'] True. I'm sure there'll be a film made about her life one day!;)
June 28, 200620 yr i stopped reading it at like the 4th book! haha it was always something to do when you are home sick from school. and i must say the books really do pull you in. PS im not allowed to watch tv while im home sick, parents say if i am not doing school work it will be something educational!:rolleyes:
June 28, 200620 yr "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die" But what she doesn't say is how many other characters die ;)
June 28, 200620 yr i hope that girl dies, hermaine. i cant spell it. and i think ron and harry should become gay. what an ending!!!! :)
June 28, 200620 yr maybe voldemort and snape, snape dies defending harry! i still think snape is good
June 28, 200620 yr i stopped reading it at like the 4th book! haha it was always something to do when you are home sick from school. and i must say the books really do pull you in. PS im not allowed to watch tv while im home sick, parents say if i am not doing school work it will be something educational!:rolleyes: TV can be VERY educational. It depends on what you watch. Trash like Big Brother most definitely ISN'T, of course!;)
June 28, 200620 yr I have a feelng it'll be Ron and Heromine... reprive has to be Sirius.... sad news none the less.
June 28, 200620 yr I have a feelng it'll be Ron and Heromine... reprive has to be Sirius.... sad news none the less. There, there - don't distress yourself. It might never happen!!:P
June 28, 200620 yr I have a feelng it'll be Ron and Heromine... reprive has to be Sirius.... sad news none the less. Sirius dies at the fifth book , i think its gonna be harry and voldemort :rolleyes: maybe voldemort and snape' date=' snape dies defending harry! i still think snape is good[/quote'] Nahh He killd Dumbledor , i hope he dies !!! :laugh4:
June 28, 200620 yr Author I still think Dumbledore is still alive, so maybe she kills him for real this time
June 29, 200620 yr I still think Dumbledore is still alive' date=' so maybe she kills him for real this time[/quote'] Dumbledore IS DEAD!!!!!!! :o
June 29, 200620 yr Sirius dies at the fifth book , i think its gonna be harry and voldemort :rolleyes: Nahh He killd Dumbledor , i hope he dies !!! :laugh4: I know he died... thats why he gets 'reprived' in the next... :P (IMO) -- I still haven't gotten around to reading the 6th book.... I guess I now know who dies..... :embarassed:
June 29, 200620 yr i hope that girl dies' date=' hermaine. i cant spell it. and i think ron and harry should become gay. what an ending!!!! :)[/quote'] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2s50CVSa8&search=Harry%20Potter%20on%20The%20Soup
June 29, 200620 yr ^ :laugh3: :laugh3: DUMBLEDORE IS NOT DEAD! :bigcry: (i think Harry's gonna sacrifice himself...and someone else will die too along with him...maybe Voldy...)
July 15, 200620 yr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2s50CVSa8&search=Harry%20Potter%20on%20The%20Soup HAHAHAHAH! that's AMAZING! soo funny:laugh3: :laugh3: thanks for that!
Create an account or sign in to comment