**The Kooks!**

frogbuttgirlie

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*says yeah!*

I'm addicted too!! Have you guys seen these two videos? Hugh and Luke playing the Gnarls Barkley cover 'Crazy' and 'Ooh La' in the streets of Paris. I particularly love the Ooh La performance, especially when they come up to their fans waiting for the show later on. :laugh4: I'd die!!

Crazy:

Ooh La: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvPq54IymMM

I hope they die!!!! :D I think Johnny summarises the kooks up quite nicely!

"I heard their single on the radio the other day and it sounds like f**king AVRIL LAVIGNE. If he can live with himself after that production, and if he feels like he has to slag people off to keep up, then I'm sure his nights are long and those moments of doubt are really painful. "For a start, he models his style on me. "And that record is the most horrible thing I've ever heard. It sounds like the band are literally rolling over, sticking their a*se in the air and begging Radio 1 to f**k them. So f**k The Kooks. F**k 'em."

-JOHNNY BORRELL

Wow, you're a right ray of fuckin' sunshine aren't you?

It's alright if you don't like them, but saying you "hope they die", that is TOTALLY immature, and completely uncalled for. Just don't say things like that.

And Borrell hates everyone and his mother!!! :laugh4: But of course, I want to marry him :wink3: Yet at the same time, you know, if I took everything Johnny said seriously, or lived my life by it.... well I'd be a sad person.

*says yeah!*

I'm addicted too!! Have you guys seen these two videos? Hugh and Luke playing the Gnarls Barkley cover 'Crazy' and 'Ooh La' in the streets of Paris. I particularly love the Ooh La performance, especially when they come up to their fans waiting for the show later on. :laugh4: I'd die!!

Crazy:

Ooh La: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvPq54IymMM

oh yes, I've seen the Ooh la one, the guy who taped it posted the links on their forum :D how amazing was that?

I'm loving the new songs too, especilly 'Pull me in'

No need to use language its unpleasant and very unlady like. You're not ment to take the i hope they die comment literally but thats ok I'll forgive by being the mature adult here. Yea you would be a sad person if you took everything he said serious but you'd be even sadder if you didn't take him serious about the kooks! Borrell ain't that good looking.... give me Matt Bellamy or Karl Fletcher!

No need to use language its unpleasant and very unlady like. You're not ment to take the i hope they die comment literally but thats ok I'll forgive by being the mature adult here. Yea you would be a sad person if you took everything he said serious but you'd be even sadder if you didn't take him serious about the kooks! Borrell ain't that good looking.... give me Matt Bellamy or Karl Fletcher!

Hey, man, I don't want anything to start here. So why don't you just respect us and stop spewing your hate for them around in here, when you know that we're fans?

Just think, I might not agree with YOUR music tastes, and if I went around saying "I hope _____ dies!!!!" (which I don't CARE if it's not literal or not, it's still incredibly stupid to say, sarcasm doesn't bode well on the internet fyi). Well, that would upset you wouldn't it?

I am weeeell aware that the Kooks have some very loud mouthed, strooong worded haters. I just were hoping this thread could be a place for fans to talk about the band. Not some sort of bitchfest about how shitty they are.

Oops, sorry, that was so unladylike of me :P

So let's forgive and forget, and please just leave the band and fans alone? I really don't need anymore people getting on my case because of a band I happen to love.

Just think, I might not agree with YOUR music tastes, and if I went around saying "I hope _____ dies!!!!" (which I don't CARE if it's not literal or not, it's still incredibly stupid to say, sarcasm doesn't bode well on the internet fyi). Well, that would upset you wouldn't it?

I am weeeell aware that the Kooks have some very loud mouthed, strooong worded haters. I just were hoping this thread could be a place for fans to talk about the band. Not some sort of bitchfest about how shitty they are.

Oops, sorry, that was so unladylike of me :P

So let's forgive and forget, and please just leave the band and fans alone? I really don't need anymore people getting on my case because of a band I happen to love.

It wouldn't offend me or upset me in anyway if you mocked a band I liked.... Why should I be upset if someone mocks a band I like?? gotta love the kooks well oh uh she moves in her own ways :P

It wouldn't offend me or upset me in anyway if you mocked a band I liked.... Why should I be upset if someone mocks a band I like?? gotta love the kooks well oh uh she moves in her own ways :P

Well guess what, people are different. And people respond to things different. And yeah, sometimes people insulting bands that I really am feeling, it upsets me! I feel like they're discreetly insulting ME, and don't tell me to get over it. Because I can't change who I am. So just respect that.

This is the last time I will talk to you through this thread, so from now on, talk to the wall or the text box. I really don't care. :cool:

hahaha, cheers! :cool:

Anyways.

Naive, live at T in the Park (I'm disapointed no one filmed Oxegen professionally :( daaaaamn the Scots!! ahaha):

Here is what you said..... This is what you should have said, Oxegen= Irish festival! I couldnt resist! :P

Naive, live at T in the Park (I'm disapointed no one filmed Oxegen professionally :( daaaaamn the irish!! ahaha):

Yup, went to Ireland for the festival (and my 18th birthday, which I saw the Kooks on actually :nice: ). My dad and I actually camped in the PodPad village, it was great. Too bad it was such shit weather on Saturday though. Great festival.

ah class! Yea Saturday sucked my tent and clothes got all wet so I had to go around like a sponge absorbing more water. Did you see any of these bands Richard Ashcroft, Feeder, bell x1? They were my top 3 bands of oxegen FYI!!!!!!!!!! I got dragged to some rubbish bands at oxegen like hard fi, monkeys and Kaiser Chiefs!

The Marshals

The Who

The Strokes

Arctic Monkeys

Hard Fi

Richard Ashcroft

Feeder

Morning Runner

The Blizzards

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

Placebo

Bellx1

Manu Chao

Director

Delorentos

The weepies hahahaha they were all like come have a drink with us.... how desperate!!!