✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Sheet Music for Piano

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a Chris-specific rendition of the music...The funny thing is, he actually plays the bridge 'wrong'. I hate to call it that, but it's not what's written in the sheet music. EDIT I thought I had the sheet music on the cmputer...sorry. If I find it, I'll post it.

Today's bit of useless trivia: One of the song's composers was named Hugh Martin...no relation, I'm sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There really isn't much to this song, it is mainly two progressions with a transition, I have one of those progressions worked out (at least it sounds right to me):

Beginning/Most of the verses:

Ab - can't tell if its Ab7 or Ab Maj.7

F Minor

Bb Minor

Small lick of arpeggiated chords that end in single notes, C to Bb

repeat

He throws in alot of arpeggios as transitions between chords, try it out and let me know, like I said this isn't much, but its a start.

If I have some time in the next few days, I'll throw it onto a staff and link it.

Cmaj7 = Abmaj7

Am7 = Fm7

Dm7 = Bbm7

F7 = Db7

Em7 = Cm7

These aren't right for sure, but I know the first chord is Ab, so the laws of music say those are the rest of the chords.

EDIT: I just realized and figured out how rediculously simple some of the transitions are, and thanks to MellowlikeYellow, I managed to get the chords to the rest of the song. This means we now have the complete song figured out, and I am working on a version on a staff (with chords for those of you that don't like the staff) as I type this. I should have a link to the finished song to download by the end of the day tomorrow.

The entire piece is written out, I have the file available for download at: http://www.sobecknetworks.com/coldplay%20-%20have%20yourself%20a%20merry%20little%20christmas.pdf.

As for the piece itself, it is almost completely accurate. I was unable to figure out only a few chords, and put whatever sounded best.

Please let me know what you think. Also, if you have Finale and would like the editable file, I can also provide that.

The entire piece is written out' date=' I have the file available for download at: http://www.sobecknetworks.com/coldplay%20-%20have%20yourself%20a%20merry%20little%20christmas.pdf.

As for the piece itself, it is almost completely accurate. I was unable to figure out only a few chords, and put whatever sounded best.

Please let me know what you think. Also, if you have Finale and would like the editable file, I can also provide that.

Thanks for this!!!! Right in time for Christmas. I'm glad I found these forums! Going practice on my piano right now.:laugh3:

The entire piece is written out' date=' I have the file available for download at: http://www.sobecknetworks.com/coldplay%20-%20have%20yourself%20a%20merry%20little%20christmas.pdf.

Thanks again for writing this out for everyone...but if you would can you do me a favor? I want to sing and play this at the same time but its hard for me to get in the range of chris's voice. Do you think you can possbily transcibe it back into the key of the chords that i had originally given you? I believe its in C major, and that way It would also correlate with the real song. Chris plays his is Ab major. thanks!

Normally, I would gladly accept a request. However, I am going to have to say no on this one, because I would have to rewrite the whole piece from scratch (which takes an hour or two), unless anyone knows of a way of automatically transposing in Finale 2007. However, if you were to download Finale Notepad (for free from finalemusic.com) I would be happy to send you the editable file so you can make any changes you want.

Also, Trouble87 - I have not forgotten, I am a student and am very busy this week studying and such. My plan is to look at your song over the long weekend.