✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Oasis Thread

sarah**

haha , you hate Paul Weller ? :P

I don't agree with that second bit

I don't think it will be better then anything he wrote for Oasis...

I mean , his songs were f*cking great , it can't be much better ... :p

It's not like he'll put more work and "love" in his solo songs than Oasis

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha , you hate Paul Weller ? :P

I don't agree with that second bit

I don't think it will be better then anything he wrote for Oasis...

I mean , his songs were f*cking great , it can't be much better ... :p

It's not like he'll put more work and "love" in his solo songs than Oasis

I don't think it's about putting more love in his solo work, i think it's because having less restrictions, Noel is one the most creative songwriters and i can't wait what to hear what he can come up with when he has the freedom to write what he feels and it's all his decisions, not that i don't appreciate Liam and all the other oasis band members influence but i'm excited about Noel's rocord:D.

Hmm , I don't really think he didn't absolutely "express" himself in the Oasis songs ...

Liam's opinion doesn't change sh*t for Noel ...

I think he had the "freedom" in Oasis ...

But of course am I excited for his record , cause I'm obviously more a "Noel girl" (:lol:) than Liam.

Noel is God to me !

best songwriter on the world (imo)

:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Liam Gallagher says he and his brother Noel Gallagher will not be friends for a "long, long time".

The two siblings haven't spoke since they had a fight before a Paris concert in August 2009 which resulted in Noel quitting Oasis and the demise of the band.

And Liam -- who has since formed a new group Beady Eye with the other members of Oasis, Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock -- doesn't think their feud will end anytime soon.

He said: "What I'm saying is all from me. This is not a band feud. Everyone else gets on great with Noel. Me and him have got the arse with each other and will have for a long, long time."

Although he is happy to admit they did have a fight - which saw Noel smashing one of his sibling's guitars and Liam retaliating by attacking his brother with one of his own instruments - the 39-year-old songwriter is remaining tight-lipped about what sparked the incident, for now.

Referring to the bust-up, he explained to Q magazine: "It was about some geezer, but it wasn't over one thing, it was over lots of things. Listen, I'm gonna keep my cards to myself until someone else gets silly. I've been around people who've been acting like absolute t*ts, to my friends, to my wife's friends, in front of my eyes. So we'll wait and see what card they play and then I've got no problem telling how it f***ing is. I've been around this absurd circus and I've just gone, 'You're a f***ing idiot what kind of behaviour's this. Have you just come out of the sandpit?' I admit I am an annoying **** sometimes on tour. But, believe you me, I am not the only one. So, go on then."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20110125/liam-gallagher-wont-reconcile-noel-110125/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Don't believe Liam Gallagher with those comments. Noel and Liam will have to patch up differences surely...they're brothers after all! Even if they did patch up differences I don't know if they'd reunite.

• 1 month later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Paul Arthurs aka Bonehead the original rhythm guitarist with Oasis said he would consider reuniting with Oasis if for charity. I think Gem and Andy are brilliant but I would love the thought of the original Oasis lineup playing on stage together again. About as much hope as a snowballs chance in he'll but it'd be awesome. Plus the fact Paul McGuigan aka Guigsy the original bassist is a recluse and hasn't been seen in the public eye since he left the band in 1999.

But who do you prefer? Gem/ Andy or Bonehead/Guigsy? Gem and Andy are the more superior musically but Bonehead and Guigsy were obviously the original lineup and were in the picture when Oasis were at their most iconic.

Liam is just so humble

Best known as the ex-vocalist of Oasis and the current vocalist of Beady Eye, Liam Gallagher has certainly earned himself a reputation as arrogant with his constant rude comments and unnecessary behaviour. A recent interview with Spin magazine may help shed some light on Liam Gallagher’s personality.

When Liam was asked if he felt like he needs to prove himself, he simply claimed:

"No, I'm in the top two human beings on the planet."

After being inquired as to who the other person might be, Liam responded with:

"I dunno. Could be Elvis. Could be Gandhi. Could be the street sweeper. Could be you. We all think we're Superman from time to time. I feel like I've contributed. I feel like I've got kids off their arses. I think there's a lot of kids out there who have got something from our music."

In case you’re unaware, Liam has his own clothing label called Pretty Green. When asked how wearing his clothing would differ from wearing Jay-Z’s Rocawear, Liam had the following to say:

"You're going to be f-cking arrested wearing his gear and you're going to pull a really nice-looking bird wearing mine."

Liam’s former band, Oasis, was easily one of the most successful bands for the twenty-or-so years it existed. So will fans ever get the chance to hear Oasis live again? Liam replied:

"No. Never. I'll miss them songs, but they are in me head. They are in my life deeply already. In my DNA. But Beady Eye can't start banging out f*cking ‘Live Forever,’ can they? Never say never, but…no."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/liam_gallagher_thinks_he_is_one_of_the_top_two_humans_on_earth.html

I don't mind anything he said there ^ actually

"We all think we're Superman from time to time. I feel like I've contributed. I feel like I've got kids off their arses. I think there's a lot of kids out there who have got something from our music."

True

"You're going to be f-cking arrested wearing his gear and you're going to pull a really nice-looking bird wearing mine."

True (ps: I hate Jay-Z too )

"No. Never. I'll miss them songs, but they are in me head. They are in my life deeply already. In my DNA. But Beady Eye can't start banging out f*cking ‘Live Forever,’ can they? Never say never, but…no."

I mean , it's true , Beady Eye is Beady Eye , not Oasis , it makes me sad in a way that they'll never reunite , but in my head I'll always have that thought ...

Only this :

"No, I'm in the top two human beings on the planet."

That's just Liam , take it as a laugh ;)

He's a legend , all those people f*cking saying bad stuff about him pisses me off ,

The media says things and then other people who don't even know who he is ,

Think he's an arrogant ****

Those journalists just can't handle his coolness , I'd think ,

He is just too cool , in interviews , the journalist knows Liam will own them , so ...

Go L - A - I - A - M ! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

i begin to love them

although they're not together today but they're really good

some say that their music was a continuation of the beatles one or at least, of the should have be the music of them... i think this is truth.

^ That's really good news ! :dance:

a potential new madferit ! :awesome:

Welcome here !

If you want any Oasis stuff , interviews and stuff , just ask ;)

please join :http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/group.php?groupid=245 :nice:

Guest howyousawtheworld
i've heard:

supersonic, champange supernova, wonderwall, some might say, don't look back in anger, stand by me and live forever. I think that's all

I'll wait for your recommendation

If you want to start off on Oasis get their "Stop The Clocks" or "Time Flies" cd.

Here's two versions of the song Slide Away - one of Oasis's all time greats. The first version is the Definitely Maybe version with Liam Gallagher on vocals. The second is a beautiful acoustic one sung by Noel. Tell me what you think of them!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ei6YQchGZg]YouTube - Oasis - Slide Away[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOEL_nzfN24]YouTube - Noel Gallagher - Slide Away ( Live @ Teenage Cancer Trust)[/ame]