✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Oasis Thread

sarah**

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Gallagher interested in reforming Oasis for 'Definitely Maybe' anniversary gigs in 2014

Talking about the upcoming anniversary of Oasis' debut album and the possibility of getting the band back together, Liam continued: "If we do, it'd be nice to do that fucking thing that's coming up (the 20th anniversary) I'd be up for that. But I'd still go back to Beady Eye and Noel would go back to his thing. We could bury the hatchet for a quick lap of honour."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/70681

• 11 months later...
40 dollars for a vinyl?! no thanks...

I know, it's just one of those times when I think I have to spend a ridiculous amount of money for something I think I need.

But I just got a turntable and this is going to be special.

• 2 years later...

Has this thread actually been dead for 2 years? OK, well let's wake some shit up!

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/oasis-documentary-supersonic-first-trailer-released-1.2781386

The first trailer for Supersonic has been unveiled, a film which documents the career of “one of rock’s true giants”, Oasis.

The film, which is due for release on October 2nd, was produced by director Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees who made Amy and was directed by Spike Island’s Mat Whitecross.

During the clip, the footage follows the ascent of brothers Noel Gallagher and Liam Gallagher from “lads on a council estate” to the heights of fame via tabloid exposure, 1990s hedonism and peaking with their two-day stint at Knebworth Park in 1996.

Although the voiceovers by both Liam and Noel were recorded separately, the film has given hope to fans who feel it is the brother’s first attempt at uniting since their acrimonious split in 2009.

Whitecross, the film’s director, did not rule out a possible reunion during an exclusive screening of the film at Festival No 6 in Wales on Sunday. Revealing that Coldplay’s Chris Martin had been playing the role of Oasis peacemaker, he added: “Neither of them have discounted the idea of getting back together. It will happen, I’m sure. The idea of never seeing them again for me is impossible.”

It is not yet known whether both brothers will attend the Supersonic premiere, but it’s likely it will take more than encouragement from Martin and a red carpet to unite the two together. As Liam Gallagher recently tweeted: “Just seen the trailer for oasis film i must say I do come across mighty fine super real unlike some people see you at the premiere LG x”.

• Like 1

Whitecross, the film’s director, did not rule out a possible reunion during an exclusive screening of the film at Festival No 6 in Wales on Sunday. Revealing that Coldplay’s Chris Martin had been playing the role of Oasis peacemaker, he added: “Neither of them have discounted the idea of getting back together. It will happen, I’m sure. The idea of never seeing them again for me is impossible.”

Does LG even talk to CM though? Obviously Noelly G is pretty buddy buddy with Chris, but I didn't think LG was.

• 1 month later...

OMG

http://www.gigwise.com/news/108494/oasis-reunion-being-planned-for-2017-reports-claim

Oasis reunion being planned for 2017, reports claim

Support acts for the huge comeback are apparently being booked

oasis-reunion-being-planned-for-2017-reports-claim-8f0o5rwd

It could really be happening. Reports are suggesting the Gallagher brothers have put their differences aside and are in the planning stages for an almighty 2017 reunion.

The Australian publication Noise11 has claimed to have inside knowledge regarding what would be the biggest comeback in music - claiming they even have details on the support band for the reunion shows: "one UK rock band from the 90s with a very close connection to Liam Gallagher may have been tapped as the opening act for some of the shows so fans could be in for the ‘ride’ of their life." Bring it on.

Rumours of a return have been rife ever since the band's split in 2009, with Liam and Noel's sibling rivalry playing out in the public eye - though their bickering could all be a front, with the report going on to state " The Liam and Noel Gallagher rivalry has well and truly been mended, although a public display of antagonism may work in the favour of publicity."

Liam has been pretty vocal on his desire to reunite the iconic Britpop band this year, telling Q Magazine "I believe Oasis will sail again and it'll be glorious. If it's really about the fans, Noel, let's do it - because they want it. One year. Tour for a year. We'd smash it. My bags are still packed from my last tour, so I'm ready.” Though, in his own words, he claims his "massive potato" older brother isn't too keen on the idea, and is too busy "being beige" - classic.

Following the release of their Supersonic documentary, the film director Mat Whitecross also had his say on the potential comeback, stating the band are more likely to get back together when intense speculation and pressure dies down, telling Billboard "The tricky thing is, the more people put pressure on them, the less likely it is to happen."

Bookies recently suspended betting on Oasis' 2017 reunion. So it definitely happening then. Maybe.

Meanwhile, Liam Gallagher is gearing towards a solo album release next year after singing to Warner Bros Records.

• 2 weeks later...