✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay 7" Singles Boxset

busybeeburns

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that tracklist and all, but where're Proof, Animals, and Sleeping Sun? I'd much rather them not have included How You See The World (Live) in order to fit one of the other ones. Plus, I don't like the fact that Pour Me isn't with it's proper single. They could've almost put THP and WI? on one 7".

Also, it's nice to see the whole Blue Room EP on there, but I think they could've cut it down in order to fit more.

Dave

...then don't buy it.

for collectability, this will be something to own, no matter the track listing. for listening pleasure, i'm sure we can all swap out tracks here and there. then again, if you're buying for listening pleasure, you might as well just stick to your cd's, and if you're collecting, you dont want to be popping the seal and rummaging about the set, decreasing it's value like a ford driving off the lot of the dealership.

Ok but out WHERE?

I've just taken a look at ebay and there is a seller who has 24 copies of this...are you kidding me? :veryangry2:

I'm not addressing to anyone in here of course ;)

hey iriden :)

if it means anything, i've had good luck with this guy in the past (proper packaging for shipment, etc...) and the price is cheaper than avalanche had their's up for. I'm waiting to see if any vendors on the marketplace sites jump on board any time soon.

hey iriden :)

if it means anything, i've had good luck with this guy in the past (proper packaging for shipment, etc...) and the price is cheaper than avalanche had their's up for. I'm waiting to see if any vendors on the marketplace sites jump on board any time soon.

Yes I've seen is cheaper...I would only like the thing to be more clear, it seems all too undercovered...don't know if you can understand what I mean

well I have a friend of mine who is in contact with a UK shop, hope he will now something more soon

...then don't buy it.

for collectability, this will be something to own, no matter the track listing. for listening pleasure, i'm sure we can all swap out tracks here and there. then again, if you're buying for listening pleasure, you might as well just stick to your cd's, and if you're collecting, you dont want to be popping the seal and rummaging about the set, decreasing it's value like a ford driving off the lot of the dealership.

Good point. I've never been a huge collector. I do have some signed items by the band hanging on my wall, but it's not like I sit there and admire it everyday. It's a pick-me-up once in a while if I happen to glance over at it. I like things that are practical and functional. I have old baseball cards, primarily from the 90's--big whoop--they are stored away, but probably still collect a little dust and that's about all they do. I do like Coldplay, but I already feel cramped enough as it is in my room at times.

EVEN with this said, the materialistic and possessive side of me wouldn't mind having this, but I think my better judgment would decide against it, especially at the hefty price and being a student but not working right now.

Also, it just seems like Coldplay and/or their management (more likely the latter) are milking their current fame right now for all it is worth. The idea of a boxset for the singles of a band over a 7 year span just seems a bit odd and excessive to me though. I'm not in their shoes though, so I can't really judge them, but that is just my observation. Don't get me wrong, I love Coldplay and I am not being overly cynical nor trying to tell anyone else not to buy this--have at it, but this is just a bit absurd to release this.

You make a good point, too David S. You referring to EMI's stock dropping when those Coldplay breakup rumors came up after a member of the band said "You won't be seeing us for a long time"? By the way, do Capitol/EMI get their share of the money from the tours I would take it (so it's not like they have much financial woes if that is the case), right (you can tell I'm not a business major)?

And mmm....mmm I like your avatar..the tea bag is like right in my face!..tea is underrated and underconsumed here in the states I think--people are too much about coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said, the band prob only agreed to allowing this box-set to be released to stop EMI records releasing a greatest hits album.

It wasn't just at the Brits last year, when X&Y was delayed for 4 months back in 2005, the stock price of EMI records on the New York Stock Exchange fell down due to it's announcement. Coldplay is one of the Major Major bands on EMI.

I don't know the full details of the contact between band and label, but I would guess a percentage of all tour revenue/tee-shirts sales goes into the pockets of the fat stockholders.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ FYI for any Canadians and yanks, we CANNOT order from this section of the site. I've gone round and round with them for other merchandise in the past, and they always claim they cannot ship to the US/Canada, but hope to list the merch on that secion of their shop shortly.

fingers crossed they eventually do, for those who want to order direct from the site.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just received some more release dates for the 7-inch vinyl singles boxset. They are as follows...

Norway - 10th April

Switzerland - 13th April

Slovenia - 16th April

Austria - 20th April

Canada - 24th April

We'll post more when we get them.

Source: Coldplay MySpace

I received the Box last thursday (I'm from belgium). It was a big disappointement: the quality of the sleeves is not as you may expect from such a collector's item, and above all the sleeves in my version are damaged. :-@

Anyone else has the same problem?

I already have sent an e-mail to the Coldplay fan shop, where I ordered the box, but no reply has reached me yet.

grtz

ThomasD

^ shesh touch luck. you should definitely catch up with that, i'd be disappointed too.

anyway i just received the total list, which i'm sure must've been posted here before, but since it's right here...quite a good tracklist.

@crestingwaves, i haven't seen it anywhere in australia BUT i definitely think it will be in stores soon. it has to be, coldplay are pretty huge here and with other boxsets and singles collection of other artists being sold previously...i'd keep a look out! :)

Disc One

• 1. Bigger Stronger
  • 2. Don't Panic<LI class=alt>3. See You Soon
  • 4. High Speed
  • 5. Such A Rush

Disc Two

• 1. Shiver
  • 2. For You
  • 3. Careful Where You Stand

Disc Three

• 1. Yellow
  • 2. Help Is Around The Corner

Disc Four

• 1. Trouble
  • 2. Brothers & Sisters

Disc Five

• 1. Don't Panic
  • 2. You Only Live Twice [Live From Norway]

Disc Six

• 1. In My Place
  • 2. One I Love

Disc Seven

• 1. The Scientist
  • 2. 1.36
  • 3. I Ran Away

Disc Eight

• 1. Clocks
  • 2. Crests Of Waves

Disc Nine

• 1. Got Put A Smile Upon Your Face
  • 2. Murder

Disc Ten

• 1. Speed Of Sound
  • 2. Things I Don't Understand

Disc Eleven

• 1. Fix You
  • 2. The World Turned Upside Down

Disc Twelve

• 1. Talk
  • 2. Gravity

Disc Thirteen

• 1. What If [Tom Lord Alge Mix]
  • 2. How You See The World [Live From Earls Court]

Disc Fourteen

• 1. The Hardest Part
  • 2. Pour Me [Live At The Hollywood Bowl]

I received the Box last thursday (I'm from belgium). It was a big disappointement: the quality of the sleeves is not as you may expect from such a collector's item, and above all the sleeves in my version are damaged. :-@

Anyone else has the same problem?

I already have sent an e-mail to the Coldplay fan shop, where I ordered the box, but no reply has reached me yet.

grtz

ThomasD

definitely send them notice. i've had shit luck with product received from the official store. haven't received my boxset ordered directly from the CP shop yet, as they're not set to be released in the US for another few, but previously, I've had merchandise come damaged and/or packaged right shoddy.

• 2 weeks later...