✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How are we gonna sell the music???

yamfox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Cafepress it is. (Sorry, Nadia. I thought we confirmed that...sooo many pm's,lol)

In future, I'd like to do a manufactured run as well, so that I have copies to give to the press without haveing to buy them myself from cafepress,lol. If we do a run, we can sell them here too since the CCC has paypal. But it's going to cost money we don't have up front...maybe an annonymouse benefactor will show up and offer to help!;) :D

Woo Thanks! :dance: Once it's available (we just have to vote on the cd cover, put the design in cafepress and send them the master cd) online, it'll all be clearer. But we'll surely set up a thread and describe how to order and explain any payment options, etc.

Off topicness, but the avy! :uhoh2: It totally freaks me out :sick2: :laugh4:

Good idea. CD Baby also puts music in iTunes, Napster and all kinds of other download sites. It costs money to sign up, and extra to get a UPC code, but it's well worth it. I could probably add it to my CD baby page so that we'd only have to pay for the bar code.

I have a friend in the UK who runs http://www.clickbands.com. They sell mp3s and I'm sure they'd be happy to put the album up for me. I'll upload everything for him as soon as it's all together.

Thanks for the offer to promote it on the Italian site!! We'll definitely set up a thread telling people how to buy it, and anyone who wants to translate and pass the word on in other languages is welcome and appreciated!!

No, Rick. I can't drive,lol...or were you asking MArk? He can ski, but I don't know how much help tht'l be,lol.:lol:

And yes. That avi IS Freaky!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We need a website done to promote the cd. Where all the info and details on how/where to buy is easy to read and follow. You could also let people listen to the tracks (use a flash mp3 player) before they chose to buy. Add all the charities involved etc.... then it's MUCH easier for us all to promote.

My hubby is a web designer for the govt, who can help if you want.

We're setting up a myspace page for it, as well as promoting it on here. A website is a great idea, but registerring a domain name/maintaining web space costs money, and we don't have it to spend. When the time comes, there won't be any escaping the existence of this CD,lol. Also, a couple of the songs have 'leaked' around the board, and we're going to add them to the Coldplayer so that people can preview them easily.

The Master and the artwork should all be in the hands of cafepress in the next week or so..:D :D :D

Personally I think MySpace is terrible... so hard to use, so clunky, ugly, and takes forever to load because of all the 'adds' on there. It's definitely good to have a Myspace page, but I don't think it should be the main advertisement for people to buy a cd with...

a url only costs a couple of dollars, and my hubby could host it for free, or you could get a hosting company like dreamhost.com to donate the hosting.