✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Awayke (my electronica side project)

Corner Kid

I had always wanted to be a singer/songwriter. But a couple years ago I couldnt sing, and I wanted to make music in the meantime. So I started making electronica, since it was easy and didnt require anything I didnt have yet. I started the cheap and easy way, taking loops and piecing them together, until they sounded cool. It helped pass the time. Now I make my own songs from scratch.

The singer/songwriter bit is my job, and its hard work to make good music. But the techno bit is just a hobby. Since these were two separate worlds, I dubbed my techno artist name "Awayke."

Awayke sorta spans the whole electronica genre, I started out making acid jazz, and then experimented with trance. Now I just make whatever.

Here's a few songs. I hope you enjoy them.

"Ride III"

Sub-Genre: Instrumental Electronic-Rock

Link: http://www.chadyochum.com/awayke/Awayke%20-%20Ride%20III.mp3

About the song: Ride was the first song that I made with a guitar loop that I recorded. Then I decided to make another. When I got a keyboard, I made a third one. It sounds totally different than the other two, but has the same vibe.

"The Arrival"

Sub-Genre: Progressive Trance

Link: http://www.chadyochum.com/awayke/Awayke%20-%20The%20Arrival.mp3

About the song: I made this on Monday and finished it on Wednesday. Its my first actual "full-out" trance song. Its 8 1/2 minutes long, and is filled with tons of loops that I made using the Motif I just got. For anyone looking to get a workstation keyboard, this is proof of what the Motif can do. You'll have to turn up the volume, because I used Acid Music, and its a $30 program. The sound quality is great, but its a bit quiet (do to the large number of parts) and besides, trance supposed to be listened to at a very loud volume, heh...

"X-Cape" (Pina Colada Song Remix)

Sub-Genre: Techno Remix

Link: http://www.chadyochum.com/awayke/Awayke%20-%20X-Cape%20(Pina%20Coladas%20Song%20Remix).mp3

About the song: I started out with a remix to the Mentos Theme Song, and decided that this one had to be done. Its short and fun.

if you want to hear anything else, I can send you mp3s over AIM...

Awesome! That'd be cool Chad!

Ride III is pretty darn cool! Good work mate!

Got to download the others..

The Pina Colada song remix is goddamn hilarious!! They're all good. Ride III is my fave. :)

I really tested the limits by adding a guitar solo in "The Arrival." Because I've never heard a guitar solo in a trance song. I wanted to add something different. Adding it was very risky, and I didnt know if it would go over well with others. What do you think?