✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year: 2007 - Now Closed.

Space Cadet

Btw, When's the dead line, Erin?

How does December 15th sound?

Or should it be the first? Or just after Christmas so people can finish it on break?

Feedback, people, I need feedback! ;)

:lol: Or maybe it's the album cover?

Well, it DOES in fact have a cover... :sneaky:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Neon Bible – Arcade Fire

2. We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank – Modest Mouse

3. Myths of the Near Future – Klaxons

4. An End Has A Start – Editors

5. The Good, the Bad &, and The Queen - The Good, The Bad, and The Queen

6. In Rainbows – Radiohead

7. A Weekend In the City - Bloc Party

8. Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace – Foo Fighters

9. Favourite Worst Nightmare – Arctic Monkeys

10. Blackbird - Alter Bridge

11. Minutes to Midnight – Linkin Park

12. Cassadaga – Bright Eyes

13. I Empire – Angels & Airwaves

14. All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone - Explosions In The Sky

15. Graduation – Kanye West

16. Chase This Light – Jimmy Eat World

17. Life In Cartoon Motion – Mika

18. Year Zero – Nine Inch Nails

19. Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? - Of Montreal

20. The Reminder - Feist

21. Writer’s Block – Peter Bjorn and John

22. Year of the Crow – State Radio

23. The Sun And The Moon - The Bravery

24. Wincing The Night Away – The Shins

25. Beyond the Neighbourhood - Athlete

And since we're supposed to make stinks about albums we think deserve more recognition... everyone PLEASE check out "State Radio". They're a truly phenomenally talented band and their album "Year of the Crow" would be on everyone's Top 25 if they'd just listen :)

The deadline would have to be at least the 1st January, otherwise next year you will get some albums which were released in the last 2 weeks of 2007 being able to run.

Have to leave a memo for my sucessor then... I really want to be able to do the countdown the week before new years when everyone else puts out best of lists.

^Thanks for the lists, they've been added :nice:

OK guys, I've made a decision on the deadline (though it's not set in stone if it turns out to be a really bad time for everyone)

The deadline is:

December 15 10:00pm EST (3am GMT)

The last of the big releases should be out by then. If you think that time will collide with holiday preparation/exams, I suggest you finalize your list now and just throw in last minute additions in December.

The Killer's Sawdust is a b-sides and rarities album = Shouldn't be allowed as it's not original

And you can't really call "45:33" an album as it's only 4 tracks and the title track is 45 minutes long, and was released originally in 2006.

I agree, Sawdust should not be eligible.

The Killer's Sawdust is a b-sides and rarities album = Shouldn't be allowed as it's not original

And you can't really call "45:33" an album as it's only 4 tracks and the title track is 45 minutes long, and was released originally in 2006.

Thanks for the info... I didn't even know the titles, just the existence.

No, b-side collections don't belong on the list, nor do things originally released in 2006.

Ok, looking around, it looks like it was actually given it's official launch in May of 2006 according to their official site! :stunned: http://clumsy.info/pages/felttip_bio.html

And it wasn't a tiny unnoticed thing either: http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/articles/2006/08/10/tijuana_glastonbury_290706_feature.shtml about a July 2006 concert: "

Third up were Clumsy from Bristol, hot off the release of Felt Tip Philosophies, their first album." A review from Nov 2006: http://www.epigram.org.uk/view.php?id=1083

Sorry dude, looks like it can't count. Whatever came out in 2007 must have been a reissue of some sort. If you find different evidence, you're welcome to let me know and I'll take a look.

Know the feeling, I'm dying to put Scott Matthews on the list, but it came out in December 06.

That New Moon?

Isn't that a collection of old previously unreleased tracks?

Yep. And since they haven't been released, I think it should count.

Best of 2007:
Thanks, I already added your list the first time you posted it one page back. That first one is the one you should edit if you want to make any changes because I might miss later things when tallying them up.