🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Betrayal Thread & Poll

Black Rose

This question has been floating around in my head for a couple days, after hearing some stuff at work, where it seems relationships are happening on a musical chair style contest.

The poll question is which of these 4 possible scenarios in your opinion is worst?

Background - Sue and Sally are sisters, Sue is older by a year, Sue's best friend is Lucy, they have known each other for 6 years. Sue has a boyfriend who is called Gary, they have been going out for about 2 years, again after knowing each other for 6 years.

Scenario 1:

Sally is in love with her sister's boyfriend Gary, and when Sue is away one evening working, Sally sleeps with Gary, where Sally makes the first move.

Scenario 2:

Basically the reverse of Scenario 1, Gary is secretly in love with his girlfriend's sister and one evening decides to sleep with Sally, where Gary makes the first move.

Scenario 3:

Lucy is in love with her best friend's boyfriend, and one evening she sleeps with Gary, where Lucy makes the first move

Scenario 4:

Basically the reverse of Scenario 3, Gary is secretly in love not with Sue, but with her best friend Lucy, and one evening decides to sleep with Lucy, where Gary makes the first move.

Yes I know Scenarios 1&2 and 3&4 could have been made into 1 scenario.

Other than the poll, has anybody ever betrayed your trust etc?

Hmm I think that in terms of betrayal they're all as bad as each other.

A betrayal is a betrayal whether it's from your sister, friend or partner. It's still a trust that has been broken.

I do think there's a margin for error though, depending on the situation.

Guest Grace

they're all horrible scenarios.

i don't know.

the least terrible ones are the ones where the guys makes the first move.

i could easily forgive my sister somehow. i don't know why. maybe because i am not as close as sisters are supposed to be to each other.

personally, scenario number 3 would be the worst one.

if my best friend would do that to me my world would fall apart. she's really the closest person to me ever.

but... since lucy and sue have only known each other for 6 years i'd go for number 1.

one is the worst.

how about this? :\

sally is in a relationship with gary. lucy had slept with gary several times before he met sally. lucy then meets sally through gary and the girls become best friends. sally doesn't know that her friend slept with her boyfriend. the relationship becomes complicated. sally is unhappy with her relationship with gary and decides to talk to her friend lucy. she even considers breaking up. should lucy tell her what happened?

the thing is

it would obviously be a bit unfair on gary as he didn't want his girlfriend to know.

would you want to know if you were sally though? should she know?

Guest Grace

well, the fact that lucy slept with gary doesn't matter then.

of course, it would make sally feel odd and she'd probably go really mad, but it does not have anything to do with the current problems she has with gary.

i don't think she neccesarily has to know about it.

if i was sally i wouldn't want to know.

well, the fact that lucy slept with gary doesn't matter then.

of course, it would make sally feel odd and she'd probably go really mad, but it does not have anything to do with the current problems she has with gary.

i don't think she neccesarily has to know about it.

if i was sally i wouldn't want to know.

what if lucy knew gary wasn't erm the most faithful person though?

i know it's not betrayal but it's so awkward. if sally tells lucy everything, it somehow isn't fair on her not to tell her what she knows. or is it?

thanks for your opinion though. argh this sucks.

Guest Grace

oh, if gary is the obvious arse... then it'd be just right if lucy told sally everything about gary.

in case lucy is a true friend and not as deceitful as gary.

well it's not that obvious. he's a nice person and a good friend of lucy's. he just told lucy more because they were never in a relationship. lucy doesn't know if gary cheats on his girlfriend. she just knows that he's the kind of guy, who slept with a lot of girls.

If I were sally, I'd want to know, even if it hurt, because it would be better than tormenting myself wondering about it. I can forgive cheating alot more than I can forgive lying about chearing.

he's not cheated though. i think she should know. then again her boyfriend could deny it. i'm wondering who she'd believe then.