✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LOUD RIFFS?! in VH

ColdplayCold

I liked violet hill very much. in the beginning i thought that it started very very very very slow. all the way until :40 sec of soft soft synthesizer or whatever you call it it started nice. People say that this is coldplay's loudest song. I liked the loudness but i want to hear coldplay just a little louder. I hope to god that the rest of the album is a little more heavier than VH. Overall i liked it. I dont care what all you idiots out there that hate it. I thought it was awesome and one more thing. i also think the song was just a little tooooooo simple. the choruses are exactly the same almost every time . I thknk there all supposed to be that way. But also the guitar solo was the same cords over again. I loved it but i hope the rest of the album is heavier.

Loudness makes sense in context. I think too much loudness might not be such a good thing, as I think Coldplay are at their best when they are soft and subtle. I want to hear Jonny improvising more guitar transitions (like in Parachutes) and Chris use his low voice more. I'm sure Eno figured out a great combo of noises for some of the other songs though.

Strokes albums are always very loud and abrasive, so I can't listen to them all the way through. I have to shuffle in some soft stuff to keep from having to take an advil (as another member mentioned in another thread, lol).

I don't agree that VH is Coldplay's "loudest" song. I mean....Politik and Twisted Logic are at least as loud as VH, if not louder >_>

I agree. Also A Whisper is loud with constant crashing cymbals throughout. Plus Low is really loud and distorted during the bridge. The only album I think that has no loud songs is Parachutes (loudest maybe Shiver). I personally love the new sound, as long as they do mix in some classic soft music.

Loudness makes sense in context. I think too much loudness might not be such a good thing, as I think Coldplay are at their best when they are soft and subtle. I want to hear Jonny improvising more guitar transitions (like in Parachutes) and Chris use his low voice more. I'm sure Eno figured out a great combo of noises for some of the other songs though.

Strokes albums are always very loud and abrasive, so I can't listen to them all the way through. I have to shuffle in some soft stuff to keep from having to take an advil (as another member mentioned in another thread, lol).

We've probably got about 50 or so soft, subtle Coldplay. Frankly, I've had quite enough and I can't imagine wanting more. They need to rock a little more, like their doing with this track. I don't want to look back and see Coldplay as a wussy band, because they don't have the muscular rock songs that even bands like U2 have put out (The Fly, Until the End of the World, I Will Follow, etc.

Their getting there will stuff like Politik, Square One, ect, but they'd do well to continue with the trend a la Violet Hill.

We've probably got about 50 or so soft, subtle Coldplay. Frankly, I've had quite enough and I can't imagine wanting more. They need to rock a little more, like their doing with this track. I don't want to look back and see Coldplay as a wussy band, because they don't have the muscular rock songs that even bands like U2 have put out (The Fly, Until the End of the World, I Will Follow, etc.

Their getting there will stuff like Politik, Square One, ect, but they'd do well to continue with the trend a la Violet Hill.

You've got it spot on, mate, I can't even listen to Parachutes and AROBTTH these days because they are just slightly wussy (can anyone deny that?) and I think the way they're building on that with something that actually sounds unique and cool as well as slightly louder is brilliant.

It looks like Coldplay have reinvented themselves with Violet Hill and hopefully the whole album is going to be fresh and experimental. This kinda reminds me when U2 reinvented themselves with Achtung Baby and Achtung Baby is argueably U2s best album. I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs. I'm hoping for a louder, heavier album. I have a feeling this album is going to impress everyone and not only the Coldplay fans.

Fellow Ron Paul supporter...

Great :)