✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Piano version of Violet Hill?

zsub

i saw someone playing it on youtube and it sounded better than all the instruments....not saying the song isnt good but a piano verson should be played live at sometime just bc it would osund fantastic.

Wow, for two days after the release that isn't half bad, although I think a couple of the notes might be wrong.

It's lovely but I do prefer the full instrumental thing :)

Can't wait until the piano book comes out for VLV. That's one of the most exciting things about a new Coldplay album :D:D

wow, this is amazingly impressive for two days after the release! i wish i had a brain that could do that.

i think the guitar solo sounds pretty kickass on the piano, and the whole thing is beautiful. i have to say, it sounds so much more "coldplay" when done on the piano. not just the sound of the song, but the whole melody and sound structure. if you took out the vocals of the real violet hill and played it for me, i probably would never guess that it was coldplay, or at least it would take me a while. but if you played me this, i think it would be one of my first guesses.

I'm sure this is how VH started out...Chris comes over and says to the guys...what do you think of this...then each start adding their respective instruments...and we get the actual version. I think it shows what a great song it is that even stripped down it still sounds beautiful.

That's what I love about Coldplay's music...it can be "simple" in a way, but always touching. I don't know how to explain it, I'm not a music person :)

i bet eventually chris will be playing on some show by himself and he'll play a piano version of violet hill. kind of like with yellow. i think it would be nice

I sincerely hope so. I think I might just cry to hear that.:)

I learned to chunk out the chords on Tuesday, but these guys learned it that fast with much more accuracy. I'm impressed!

Guest Hyperfried

That guy is amazing, bless his soul. The only thing I can't figure out is the piano breakdown at the end... Urgh. V_V Sounds great otherwise, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...