🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Exam Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Dunno... where did you find that expression?

Btw, I have...

German FINAL on Friday (12th)

Organic Analysis laboratory FINAL on Saturday (13th)

Analytical Chemsitry FINAL on Monday (15th)

Organic Chemistry FINAL on Tuesday (16th)

And I'm done for this year!

AGH EXAMS.

i have three papers in total (well, two papers and a story revision), and two exams. i really should be studying for my arabic exam right now, which is tomorrow, but it's open book (which saves my LIFE), so really all i have to do is make things easy to find and present the information neatly. i should still be doing that, but i'm massively procrastinating.

i did an entire research paper yesterday, though, so now i only have one paper and one story revision. it's amazing how fast i get work done when i physically remove myself from the internet. just unplug the ethernet cable and i work like the wind :lol:

i'll be all done by friday afternoon, though, and then home on saturday! :dance:. i can't wait :bigcry:

This week sucks, 3 to go still, Thermodynamics tomorrow. :(

Thermodynamics are Cool !!! :) Study well, and you'll do just fine!;)

The basic rule of thumb: PV/NT=PV/NT. Ideal Gas laws are pretty close to real gases. A mole is useful to understanding the real thing - 6.022 X 10^23 g/mole, and 14 grams per mole for water? I'm rusty. Average, without the isotopes and electron weights.

Lord Kelvin's Absolute Zero - it's Absolutely cool!:cool:

And did you know that if we went with all Diesel engines, even for gasoline and alcohol fuels, the efficiency would go up dramatically because of thermodynamics? Which law of thermodynamics is being applied here? Remember: Hot side of the engine vs. cold side. The greater the difference, the closer to ideal efficiency.

Bonus Question: what limits prevent engines from reaching the theoretical maximum efficiency, and where do you think the biggest gains can be made?

PV=nRT for conversion to normal pressure and temperature.

molar equivalents.

Extra Credit: Why are steam engines so inefficient? :P

In Semester III, we will be discussing the actual molecules as they bounce around in a cylinder. Partial Derivatives will be used, and all will be either baffled or amazed.:laugh3: Better learn Calculus really well too!

The basic rule of thumb: PV/NT=PV/NT. Ideal Gas laws are pretty close to real gases. A mole is useful to understanding the real thing - 6.022 X 10^23 g/mole, and 14 grams per mole for water? I'm rusty. Average, without the isotopes and electron weights.

And did you know that if we went with all Diesel engines, even for gasoline and alcohol fuels, the efficiency would go up dramatically because of thermodynamics? Which law of thermodynamics is being applied here? Remember: Hot side of the engine vs. cold side. The greater the difference, the closer to ideal efficiency.

Bonus Question: what limits prevent engines from reaching the theoretical maximum efficiency, and where do you think the biggest gains can be made?

molar equivalents.

In Semester III, we will be discussing the actual molecules as they bounce around in a cylinder. Partial Derivatives will be used, and all will be either baffled or amazed.:laugh3: Better learn Calculus really well too!

Feel quite ignorant right now :uhoh:

molar equivalents.

:P

Thanks for the encouragement. ;)