✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Oct-08: Cleveland - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 6 Jul]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay is it me, or does half the crowd look DEAD? I mean they should be going crazy right now!

Yea dude. I spent 250$ for one third row ticket and I was jumpin the whole time and screamin and people were lookkin at me like I was retarded or something. After three concerts within the first five rows, I have realized that a lot of people close to the stage aren't "real" fans. They just happen to have either good luck/good connections and they like the major radio hits. fu**s. Everyone that close should be jumpin so the crowd looks like a wave.

Guest kmm1482
awesome! were they really good seats?

We had decent seats to start with (we bought them way back in May), and when I found out we were going to volunteer for Oxfam, we sold them. Pete (the Oxfam coordinator, who also writes the blogs) told us that the seats we would get would be the ones that empty up when they take the people from the higher seats and put them down front (AMAZING idea for all the stupid "i'm down on the floor and i'm not gonna sing or jump up and down" people). So we were in the 'press box' where everyone was sitting and me and my wife were COMPLETELY drained, but i've never clapped or sung so loud in my LIFE! But when they came to do the acoustic set about 10 or 15 rows right in front of us we were standing on our seats peaking over everyone (some jackasses I guess were messing with them cause we kept seeing a security guard holding some guy back and Chris said "are there problems man? no problems" and would look back and say "hey, what's up!")! All in all I kinda wish we would have kept our seats, but we wouldn't have gotten to be as close when they came up to us.

P.S. to any of you that were there and signed the Oxfam list, Thanks! :)

(especially if it was from a tall guy, a long haired brunette and an older blonde woman. That was me, my wife and my mom :))

I was in Sec. 3 row X and it was an awesome show and also my first coldplay show ever. I have never been to a show with that much energy. That being said I want to relive this night. So...

Does anyone know how I would go about obtaining the audio from last night's concert at The Q?

I was in Sec. 3 row X and it was an awesome show and also my first coldplay show ever. I have never been to a show with that much energy. That being said I want to relive this night. So...

Does anyone know how I would go about obtaining the audio from last night's concert at The Q?

Give it a day or two, then look in the multi-media section, on the main message board. Hopefully someone will.....

Coldplay exceeds fan's expectations

Ears were buzzing, adrenaline was pumping and vocal cords were strained at Tuesday's amazing Coldplay concert.

The concert was at the Q arena in Cleveland, which was the perfect venue for the concert.

First arriving at the Q, there appeared to be many empty seats.Shortly after Duffy finished, the audience trickled in.

Then, at roughly 9 p.m., "Life in Technicolor" started, and so did the Coldplay concert.

The stage was set with lots of lighting, a huge backdrop of their album cover, glowing balls hanging from the ceiling and a few hanging screens.

The backdrop changed with every song they played. Sometimes it had pictures playing, almost like a music video, other times there was just a logo.

The hanging glowing balls changed colors to match the songs, and also showed images of the band.

The concert felt like a music video.

The video screens they had showed the band, but in a way that made it not seem like you were looking at a video screen. The entire atmosphere made you feel like you were right there with the band, even if you were not.

Coldplay met and exceeded my expectations.

They opened with Life in Technicolor and then went to some of their older music off of A Rush of Blood to the Head, and also played some from X&Y. To end the show they played Death and All His Friends, and for an encore, Yellow. It was perfect, and the crowd went nuts.

Chris Martin is an absolutely amazing performer.

He has an insane amount of energy and ran around the stage the entire show. I've never seen anyone perform the way he did. He was jumping around, running around, playing guitar and never missing a note. At one point in the concert, the band even ran into the top section and played an acoustic version of The Scientist.

There is not one thing to change about this Coldplay performance. Their concert was amazing, and it will be in my top 10 for a long time.

http://media.www.buchtelite.com/media/storage/paper1203/news/2008/10/23/ArtsLife/Coldplay.Exceeds.Fans.Expectations-3502514.shtml

New to this board. I took my five year old stepson to this show. He was fourth row aisle left in a yellow t-shirt (blond hair). I was hoping to find a pic anyone might have of him in front of the band. In the end I had him on my shoulders for about 10 minutes. It'd be great to find a cool photo with the band in the background so he has something other than our lame photos (they all came out blurry) to remember by.

Much appreciated.

My email is [email protected]

I was happy to read the latest review, (Coldplay exceeds fan's expectations) ... whoever it was that wrote the 1st two .. is a TOTAL arse.

The guys were nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!! ... I hope I can see them again 1 day. This was my 1st Coldplay concert ... & I hope not my last.

Thanks for the Clocks & IMP vids .... watching it, I felt like I was there again!

..btw, not 1 time during the show did I see anyone sitting. Singing, dancing, & a whole lotta screaming was going on! lol ... 2 days later & I'm just getting my voice back

Thanks guys for a SPECTACULAR show!! God bless & keep you safe

Laurel

I have been to plenty of concerts. Ive seen Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R., Counting Crows, Maroon 5, and some other bands that most people probably havent heard of that well. That being said...

This was far and away the best concert that I have ever been to...and with relative ease. The energy was astounding, the crowd was pumped, and they didnt hold anything back. Hearing The Hardest Part was something special to me because it was one of my favorite songs off of X&Y. They were really something to see. I was on the Floor in Section 3 (which is about 20 some rows back), but man was it great. I paid $100 for the ticket and I would have paid more. They are my favorite band and have been for sometime, but this is without bias. My particular highlights:

The butterfly confetti during Lovers in Japan, combined with the lights was the best thing I have ever seen at a concert. It is such a great and moving song so to have something special like that take place was truly something to see and I have quite a few pics of it on my phone.

Like I stated earlier, The Hardest Part was great and it is one of my favorite of their songs...BUT

My favorite song on every CD is Death & All His Friends. So when they came back from the second level and started it I was happy to the point at a concert that I have never been before. I actually like what is written about it in...I wanna say Rolling Stone...where the writer states "There have been stadiums built for less than the climax of Death & All His Friends." Couldnt agree more because it was awesome!

Politik is so good and powerful so it was sure nice to hear that. I like what, I believe Will, said about Politik during the VH1 Storytellers a few years back where he says about the timing was right aroun 9/11 and it is a song about personal belief and what is right to some is wrong to others. Very powerful song with a great climax.

Yes and Chinese Sleep Chant were also amazing to hear live. Not to say that I dont like the everything (because trust me my friends hated me by the end of the show. They are the people who like to hear the music and not scream it like I did. While I respect their ways, I do it a little different...by yelling at the top of my lungs.), but I just sang the whole concert louder suring certain songs. You can tell that they really felt the crowd because they kept talking about Ohio and saying it in their songs to keep us all entertained.

Great show and wouldnt have expected anything less from the best band on earth. Keep it coming Coldplay because the fans love you guys.