✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Oct-08: Cleveland - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 6 Jul]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the show! Amazing These are probably in the wrong order

Heres the setlist as far as I can remember

1. Life in Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Speed of Sound

6. Chinese Sleep Chant (almost forgot about this one)

7. 42

8. Fix You

9. Cemetaries of London ( amazing I can't believe they played this!)

10. God Put A Smile on Your Face Techno Remix

11. Talk Techno Remix

12. Hardest Part (piano)

13. Postcards from far away

14. Viva La Vida

15. Lost

16. Strawberry Swing

17. The Scientist (acoustic)

18. Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic)

19. Viva La Vida Remix Interlude

20. Politik

21. Lover's in Japan

22. Death and All His Friends

23. Yellow

24. The Escapist

There was some little classical piece that Chris played after Politik that was really quite interesting, I don't think it was Glass of Water, but it was only for a minute and a half

Highlights were the confetti in LOVERS IN JAPAN and Politik was by far one of the best songs they played! The stobes were amazing at the Q, the lighting effects, everything was perfect. Chris made a hilarious comment about how the band members were getting old, they needed to start investing in wigs like Cher (he said this with a towel on his head). He said he was just going to try it out for a bit

I wanted something new to be played! Chris made a comment that he was going to play a rare B-side that noone would ever have heard before, but then he broke out into an encore of Yellow!

The crowd didn't seem too energetic, I mean everyone was satisfied, but not everyone was ecstatic like me and my girlfiend were....

Just got back from the show! Amazing These are probably in the wrong order

Heres the setlist as far as I can remember

1. Life in Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Speed of Sound

Chinese Sleep Chant (almost forgot about this one)

6. 42

7. Fix You

8. Cemetaries of London ( amazing I can't believe they played this!)

9. God Put A Smile on Your Face Techno Remix

10. Talk Techno Remix

11. Hardest Part (piano)

12. Postcards from far away

13. Viva La Vida

14 Lost

15 Strawberry Swing

15. The Scientist (acoustic)

16. Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic)

17. Viva La Vida Remix Interlude

17. Politik

18. Reign of Love

19. Death and All His Friends

20. Yellow

21. The Escapist

There was some little classical piece that Chris played after Politik that was really quite interesting, I don't think it was Glass of Water, but it was only for a minute and a half

did they actually play Reign of Love or did you mean Lovers in Japan? Or both?

I saw Duffy this past Summer at Lollapalooza 2008 and it was enjoyable and I thought she sounded good. Tonight, her vocals were turned up pieceringly high and it ruined the whole thing and no one was getting in to it.

Coldplay was nothing short of wonderful. All the lights, lasers, moving lights, light & video projection balls, and confetti. The band all moved to the edge of the stage for technol remix renditions of God Put A Smile On Your Face into Talk, and while it was completely different than the original versions it sounded quite neat. Chris Martin stayed out on the side, edge of the stage and did The Hardest Part on the piano solo with the drummer. After Lost! the band went off stage, reappeared in the back of the crowd and played The Scientist acoustic, which was wonderful and Death Will Conquer with Will on vocals. After a remix of Viva La Vida played over the speakers and the band opened the encore in the pure dark with Politik, which was the highlight of the show for me. The driving piano and song is just amazing live and the red lights were perfect for it. They closed with Yellow, which was perfect for the crowd but not me. The Escapist played over the overhead in the dark, the set was over at 10:17 PM after almost an hour and forty minutes. Through out the set the backdrop banner changed three or four times, the little light balls constantly changed colors and designs, and the video footage on the screens and in the little balls were great and makes me hope for a DVD of this tour.

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Talk

The Hardest Part

Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer

Viva La Vida

-----

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

-----

Yellow

The Escapist

The crowd was great through the whole show, Chris talked the crowd quite a bit, and the band sounded good. I would have liked more songs from the first two albums because those are easily my favorites but I can't complain because the show was so good overall. We had pretty good seats off to the right of the stage, in the middle club level.

Source: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=629512