✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill Music Video

Motoi

Where you satisfied by their new video? Were you disappointed?

Personally, I was very disappointed with the way they approached the colors of the song itself and the basic images they chose to portray too. I think Violet Hill is an extremely powerful and moving song that could have used a video of equal measure, an emotionally and sonically charged experience, but of course, thats my personal opinion. I respect Coldplay's risk taking, but at the same time, I think they might be trying a bit too hard showing off their new image. What do you think?

Which one?

I like the political one much better than the other.

I'm all for having fun, but it's not something that anyone's going to remember in a few years. I wish they would have been a little more creative with the original. The political one blends more with the lyrics and seems a bit more powerful.

i feel like there was a lot of untapped potential for this song. it could have been a really awesome story vid, or at least something with somewhat of a plot. i feel like this was just an awkward half performance vid. it's great that they had a lot of fun with it, though, so i don't mind. i suppose you could say the same about "the hardest part," though, and that was one i was most definitely disappointed in.

i just wish that they could show the dancing politicians one on TV, but i assume they can't because they don't have the rights etc to all the clips they used in it. that was more what i was talking about, though i do have to say that my favorite music videos are story videos with the band members as the main characters. or just really well pulled-off performance videos, like "speed of sound" or "shiver," or really almost all of coldplay's videos.

i think the video would have been more justified being a night time video, with them in thick snow filling a long lonely street, the only light coming from lamposts outside houses nearby giving off a dark blue illusion.

now THAT would have been awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

my first impressions was that it was very average. i didn't want to anticipate since vh could've been taken in many ways, and what i perceive it to be would most likely differ from someone else. however, after a few more views, i think it's great! i'd go as far to say i love the video. the guys keep their charm and sense of humor, and it really is quite artistic at time. great video guys! :thumbsup:

I couldn't believe some of the criticism I heard about this video.

I too imagined some kind of Victorian snow scene - guess that's why I'm not a video director. The video we got is much less obvious, but has some really striking images - the hammer, the magnifying glass. I love the overall look too - the clothes, the colours etc.

And I have to say, while I have previously declared my undying love for the Berryman, they all look pretty damn fine in this video!

I agree I find the video very funny. But I also agree that it kind of takes the seriousness of the song away a little bit - if there was any to begin with.

yes, i absolutely agree.

though, i really love the video. especially the part when they're standing around the piano :D

Guest REManic

Quite like it. It's kind of weird and somehow different from other Coldplay videos. Which is positive, methinks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...