✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What made you happy today?

Carolyn Marie

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

uhhh the pill?? I have a cold so it kinda made me feel a bit better.. blah! I don't understand how I got sick :dozey: (I don't k now where the smilies went but good thing I know them by memory :p )

Packing for London.

I like packing.

It involves being organised.

I like to be organised.

I'm cool like that! :)

oh, and a certain poster above me saying "harder harderrr HARDEEERRR!!!" :o :wink3:

:laugh3:

I was made happy by hopefully starting an environment-saving letter. Please take a minute and copy and paste this message into an email, and please send it to as many people as you can:

"Please please please understand, this isn't some chain letter. This is a genuine message that should be circulated around to as many people as possible. Many people love to use screensavers and this article clearly explains how you can do so much to help the environment by changing only one tiny thing about your computer. PLEASE read this article, it only takes a minute. Then read the message below.

You don't still use a screen saver, do you?

By Don Willmott , Forecast Earth Correspondent Posted Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36pm PDT

I'm happy that at this stage in my career I often find myself writing articles about energy-efficient ways to use computers, peripherals, gadgets, and consumer electronics. It makes me feel so, you know, virtuous. Whenever I crank out a list of helpful hints, one of the first items I include is this obvious but often overlooked gem of advice: Kill your stupid screen saver. In the good old days of tube monitors, screen savers such as those unforgettable flying toasters were invented to prevent burn-in, a permanent shadow branded into the phosphors of your monitor by a static image of, say, a spreadsheet that you left on your screen all weekend.

Well, flat-screen LCD monitors don't burn in, so if you still have flying toasters or an endlessly looping slide show of your adorable niece and nephew, you're behind the times. When you're not sitting in front of your monitor it should be off off off.

It warmed my heart to read at Green Daily that Telstra, the biggest phone company in Australia, has removed all the corporate screen savers from the 36,000 computers in its offices. What will happen? The change will cut tons of CO2, which they claim will be the equivalent of taking 140 cars off the road for a year. Good on ya, mate. Follow Telstra's example. Let your flying toasters crash and burn.

NOW PLEASE READ THIS: You now know how easy it is to help the environment by just getting rid of your screensaver. And you don't have to turn off your computer every time you leave it. IF YOU ARE LEAVING YOUR COMPUTER EVEN FOR 10 MINUTES, JUST GO TO THE SHUTDOWN MENU AND CLICK "STANDBY". THIS WILL SHUT OFF THE MONITOR SAVING ELECTRICITY, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME SAVING YOUR INFO SO YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING. You saw how much help was given just by one company doing this, imagine what you can do. All you have to do is Standby your own computers, and send this message to as many people as you possibly can. Please, take a minute to pass this message along and do your part in helping to save the environment.

Thank you for your help, and your children and grandchildren thank you as well!"

If you send this to even one person, you will have made a difference today, and then we will all have something to be happy about!

It's all about sex with you, isn't it? ;)

STOP TREATING ME LIKE A SEX OBJECT!

Im sorry. You know how shallow I can be. You know how I never treat women with respect. You know all I do is "take care of myself" day and night.

:P

What made me happy? Finally buying Viva La Vida, for one thing. (It's gone round 7 times already)

That, and I am finally done all of my exams, so I am completely free for the summer! Done with grade 10! :D

really? I just finished grade 10 a week ago! small world