✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Nov-08 - Sheffield, Arena- Tickets, Meetups, Review/Photos - (ORIGINALLY 7 Dec 08)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

managed to get my friend some tickets last night from the box office,they have added a row 27 a and 27 b onto block a,b and c.was hoping there might be some production release in that front block but they say thats it now.i suppose because its a sat nite and the first uk gig that all the freebies are taken .oh well at least we are all going.

I got 2x Floor Seats Row 16 the other day from Seetickets.com. Couldn't believe it. I wasn't planning to go to this as I'm off to the o2 but I couldn't resist seats like that. Especially with it now being the opening night in the UK.:)

Info for those going to Sheffield (From Sheffield Arena website) :-

Timings for Coldplay are as follows (please beware these are intended as a guide only and may be subject to change):

6.30pm Doors Open

7.30pm Support : Jon Hopkins/Eugene Francis

9.10pm Coldplay

10.50pm Event ends

[Coldplay Oxfam Blog] A foggy day back in the U.K.

On a train to Sheffield, England. The accents have changed. The scenery (or what I can see of it), is very different. There’s coffee fumes in the air from the buffet car. Bleary-eyed Saturday shoppers are shuffling along in the carriages, for a boost of morning brew (with chocolate sprinkles).

Autumn looks like it’s been and gone. Trees stripped bare of leaves. Frost on the wiry grass. Thick.. Thick, fog. To be honest, I can’t see a lot at all. Aside from the occasional rooftop, lonely-looking horse, or another patchwork field. It’s all quite poetic.

To think that it was the start of the summer days, when Coldplay took the stage for their live return in Brixton, London, back in June. When ‘Viva La Vida’ crashed into the charts worldwide, and the band began to take the world by storm. I remember back in April, when I got my new job. Preparing for the tour, back in Oxfam House. Designing t-shirts and collecting boxes of materials. The buzz of waiting for the tour to begin. Over 60 shows later, and I feel like a seasoned veteran. OK, so not quite like some of the guys on this tour.. But at least I’m not quite so fresh-faced as I used to be. It’s been quite an adventure that’s brought us back (almost), to where we started.. Albeit, just a few hours up the M1. Two tours of North America and one whistle-stop trip around Europe later, and we are back ‘home’. Home for the band and about half of the crew at least. I’ve been looking forward to seeing how the show goes down here. Seeing some familiar faces, working with Oxfam GB, changing my dollars into pounds, and buying some of the snacks that haven’t been discovered yet, across those ponds.

Las Vegas to Boston, Strasbourg to Antwerp, Ottawa to Salt Lake City. With Budapest, Paris, Munich, Stockholm, Barcelona, New York, Chicago, Houston, Milan.. And many more in between. It’s been a long journey so far. Lots of miles. Lots of sold out Coldplay shows. Thousands of fans joining Oxfam along the way, and nowhere near enough sleep. Here I am, on a train to Sheffield, to start the last 3 or so weeks of the ‘Viva La Vida’ / Oxfam tour, 2008.

Tonight the focus will turn back to asking people to show their support for Health and Education FOR ALL. I have spoken about it before in this blog. Just simple things. Things, even that many people take for granted. But the same things that, without which, can deepen poverty, risk lives, limit opportunities and remove freedoms. With your support, Oxfam is asking for everyone to have clean water. Bars of soap. The chance to learn to read. For life-saving immunisations. Access to a doctor, locally. If you live in Sheffield. There are hospitals. Schools with teachers and train stations with running taps. Not everyone in the world, has this chance. It doesn’t seem much to ask. I hope that a few thousand more Coldplay fans will agree with that tonight, and pledge their support, for everyone to be given the same chance. Those record breakers in Ottawa, back in October, were campaigning for exactly the same thing. Why don’t you click here now, to join the campaign?

Just went through Derby. Almost there. It’s busy. More emptying coffee cups have joined the train. I still can’t see much out of the window, but it’s good to be home.

It’s foggy, and I’m proud.

Pete

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=111

I know someone who is at this gig and I also know what Coldplay are playing right at this moment in time! :sneaky:

Unfortunately my phone has decided to crap out and didn't record it :(

you know someone at the soundcheck??????????