✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Nov-08 - Sheffield, Arena- Tickets, Meetups, Review/Photos - (ORIGINALLY 7 Dec 08)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least we have Pete to keep us going :D

Sweeping up the butterflies

never get to see the end of the show from there. I’m usually upstairs, but just now, I watched as the band bowed, left the stage, bolted for the door, and the Oxfam sphere lit up, illuminating the clearing seats, so that the masses can find their way home, and find their way to take action with Oxfam.. It’s already emptied out in there, the contents of the arena, heading out into the misty Yorkshire night. The stage is already cleared, and being torn apart. Rick marches down the catwalk, blowing away the butterfly confetti, with a leaf-clearer fit for any enthusiastic gardener. Every trace of tonight’s show will soon be gone. Band, crew, trucks, cases, stage, amps, lights, Oxfam tables, butterflies, empty beer mugs and tomato ketchup pouches.

It was just a small team of Oxfamers tonight. 9 of them from the Leeds Outreach group. Between them, they got an awesome 623 pledges for Health and Education For All. That’s awesome stuff. Just think what we can do with the 60 volunteers in Birmingham over 3 nights of Coldplay shows..!

This is why the pledge is important.

For millions of people, classrooms with teachers, clinics with nurses, affordable medicines, running taps, and working toilets - are not something to be taken for granted, or taken at all. There is no reason why this should be the case. Vital public services - health, education, water and sanitation - can transform people’s lives. That is why, Oxfam is asking you to join the ‘6 Million More‘ pledge. We want 6 million of you to join us and demand health and eduation for all.

The world needs free public health care and education. The world needs six million more trained teachers and health workers. And to make this happen, the world needs you. Tonight we took a small step closer to the 6 Million marker, to put pressure on governments around the world. We’re not done yet though.

That’s Sheffield done. Now on to Birmingham..

p.s. The crowd was treated to a rare outing of ‘Trouble’ tonight, with Chris Martin at the piano. It’s a while since we have heard that one.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=112

Settttttliiissst...

Life In Technicolour

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place (Have crap video, will upload tomorrow)

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Talk

Rest of band abandoned Chris, he started singing The Hardest Part then changed mind and sang Trouble

Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

...Balcony

The Scientist with Take That 'Back For Good' ending (!!!)

If Death Will Ever Conquer (is it called that? I can never remember), sung by Will

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

Yellow

No real EP stuff which saddened me but an AMAZING EVENING. Aside from the support act (Jon Hopkins?) who was MENTAL!

(Anyone else who went feel free to correct because I only started logging it down after 5 songs so they're from memory...I knew you guys would want to know).

Kara lives just out of London so she'll be a long while yet.

I hope some other people come home though :D

I don't think anything new was played, otherwise I think she would have mentioned it, you never know though :D

eeek nasty journey home on a sturday night

Settttttliiissst...

Life In Technicolour

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place (Have crap video, will upload tomorrow)

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Talk

Rest of band abandoned Christ, he started singing The Hardest Part then changed mind and sang Trouble

Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

...Balcony

The Scientist with Take That 'Back For Good' ending (!!!)

If Death Will Ever Conquer (is it called that? I can never remember), sung by Will

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death and All His Friends

Yellow

No real EP stuff which saddened me but an AMAZING EVENING. Aside from the support act (Jon Hopkins?) who was MENTAL!

ty :D

not much difference at all then :(

Back for Good?! Wow!

I can't believe they haven't figured the EP stuff out yet! Come on boys :P

I'm very jealous. I want some Cold That or is it Takeplay? :laugh3: