✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another long ass wait for LP5?

ColdplayCold

After 3 years of waiting plus 2 years for x & y i thin and another 2 years for AROBTTH, and being around for 8 plus years how much longer am i goning to have to wait for another album. i dont expect it to be tommorow but within in at least a year or year and a half. 4 albums in 8 years? i know they dont want to get worn out but please. i feel like i need more new coldplay even though an album has just been released. i need the b-sides now. anyone have them? how do you feel about this?

i feel like you need to chill lol

dont doubt everyone here doesnt want more coldplay, but enjoy what we have right now

rediscover the old stuff

listen to some other bands...:o

and im definitely antsy for new stuff dude. the whole fact they say they have a lot of other good songs, famous old painters and the like, makes me think we wont have to wait long...fingers crossed. chris did say something about an album by the end of next year, so thats what, a year and a half. thats to long for me lol, but it also seemed like he may have been kidding about a new album completely. (can you ever really tell with him?).

either way dude, we just got this great new album, and im not sure your logic about so few albums. better so few albums with so many good songs, then a bunch of albums with a few good songs per album. lots of bands churn out garbage. coldplay always delivers the goods.

im willing to wait, although i wouldnt complain if we got any:D

i know that you would like material sooner than later, but do you want good material or crappy? I think that if they rush an album it might turn out not to our liking. also anyway i think i read that they are gonna release another album by the end of next year. plus they might release b-sides for singles

I think hopefully we'll have another album by late 2009 or early 2010... although I have a feeling that it might end up taking a little longer than that in the end. But either way, I would prefer quality over quantity, so as long as they dont take another 5 years or something, they can take their time on the next one I think :wink:

After 3 years of waiting plus 2 years for x & y i thin and another 2 years for AROBTTH, and being around for 8 plus years how much longer am i goning to have to wait for another album. i dont expect it to be tommorow but within in at least a year or year and a half. 4 albums in 8 years? i know they dont want to get worn out but please. i feel like i need more new coldplay even though an album has just been released. i need the b-sides now. anyone have them? how do you feel about this?

the new album has been just released and you're already bitchin about the next record ?

CHILL or find yourself an hobby

4 albums in 8 years isn't that bad. Plus we've b-sides and the like.

I don't think Famous Old Painters etc will be on LP5 - could be well wrong, but remember with the Rush of Blood tour (and in Gary Spivak's book) they were all like, "Poor Me, Ladder to the Sun, Gravity etc" - they're gonna be on LP3. Then that never happened. I think Famous Old Painters et al will either never be released (cry) or be released as b-sides.

And remember, Chris has this odd habit of saying that the songs are "FANTASTIC!" and then, a year later, go "Well now we think they're actually a bit shit" or the more common one "We've moved on". I don't know which one I hate more, frankly.

So many potentially great songs for LP3 and LP4 we may never ever hear. Which kinda bums me out.

But I like you starting this thread approximately one day after the album is released here in the UK & Eire. Nice one dude!

Great points JPB.

Plus, I guess they'll be wrapping up this tour with some UK stadium shows next summer. I can't see them wanting to promote another album so soon, unless they release it just to complete the record company contract.

I'm not sure they'll discard these tracks as readily as they have others in the past, Eno might take it as a slight, and it seems they're huge fans of his.

don't worry be happy!

let's enjoy the amazing new album and let's learn it by heart and in many months when we are bored of it, we will worry about LP5 ;)

they talked about late 2009 but this date might change like date for VLV changed many times... though they have many good songs still to release and who knows, maybe this time they really do exactly what they say!