🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

22-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

"So I assume a lot of you went to shows for the X&Y album correct? Well which tour did you like better"

This tour hands down! While I respect the OP for having at least backed her critisisms of the show with specific reasoning (which is more than a lot of "new posters" on here) Call me cynical but I can't help but think many people have come here recently just to stir things up.:dozey:

Anyway-reasons why I feel the new live show is bar far the band's best

LENGTH-I know some people still have a problem with the length of the set, but I feel the band is, at the very least, trying to improve in this regard, and at best, have put this complaint to rest. To be fair, I always felt this complaint was unfounded during Twisted Logic given the size of the band's catalog. It's unfair to compare them to veteran acts that have 20-30 years of material to draw from. (and are also generally more expensive) Coldplay are one of very few major headliners I can think of who's top priced tickets have a face value under $100 U.S. 20-22 songs (which is what the new set is) is to me, very reasonable for a band with four LP's in their catalog

JON & GUY-these two are much better stage performers now then they've ever been in the past. They've both really stepped up IMHO

CHRIS' VOICE-Much better then either time I saw them during Twisted Logic

NEW SONGS- VLVODAAHF is my favorite LP of the 4, so any show with music from that record is cool in my book.

Once again, I in no way mean to belittle anyone's opinion, but I love the new shw and would take it over the old one any day.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are 2 videos from tuesdays show. The quality is pretty good thanks to my hubby!

Lost!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMf6yuc99s

Fix You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZLSCb_NWew

I had seen Coldplay in Cincinnati , in Chicago, and in Omaha on the X&Y tour. The energy for this concert was palpable, it felt great to be there, like you "really" were witnessing something special. Looking up at those butterflies during lovers was almost an out of body experience...

"So I assume a lot of you went to shows for the X&Y album correct? Well which tour did you like better"

This tour hands down! While I respect the OP for having at least backed her critisisms of the show with specific reasoning (which is more than a lot of "new posters" on here) Call me cynical but I can't help but think many people have come here recently just to stir things up.:dozey:

Anyway-reasons why I feel the new live show is bar far the band's best

LENGTH-I know some people still have a problem with the length of the set, but I feel the band is, at the very least, trying to improve in this regard, and at best, have put this complaint to rest. To be fair, I always felt this complaint was unfounded during Twisted Logic given the size of the band's catalog. It's unfair to compare them to veteran acts that have 20-30 years of material to draw from. (and are also generally more expensive) Coldplay are one of very few major headliners I can think of who's top priced tickets have a face value under $100 U.S. 20-22 songs (which is what the new set is) is to me, very reasonable for a band with four LP's in their catalog

JON & GUY-these two are much better stage performers now then they've ever been in the past. They've both really stepped up IMHO

CHRIS' VOICE-Much better then either time I saw them during Twisted Logic

NEW SONGS- VLVODAAHF is my favorite LP of the 4, so any show with music from that record is cool in my book.

Once again, I in no way mean to belittle anyone's opinion, but I love the new shw and would take it over the old one any day.

Great insight fakfak. To me on the Twisted Logix/X&Y tour, that intro with the countdown for Square One and then the performance of Square One was just mind blowing. Then during the same show after completely blowing my mind what did they do about an hour later??? Completely blow my F&^$ing mind again by playing a version of clocks that was longer, changed tempo, and incorporated the arenas ciruclar lighting effects into play (at least newer arenas with that type of digital display). I know Chris Martin was just swinging a light on a rope around during Fix You on that tour, but damn if I wasnt moved by it!

It just seems to me that there are several specific little things the band is doing this tour that seem to me like attempted responses to critisisms the've gotten as a live act in the past, and IMHO that's a good thing.

It could also have a lot to do with the fact that for me outdoor amphitheater shows pretty much suck (sound is never good, seating plan usually sucks), so I much prefer seeing the band indoors.

Ok, does anyone know what song they played for the competition winners? I heard it was warning sign and then a B-side. Does anyone know what B-side it was?

Thanks

-Kurt

Even Roadie #42 doesn't know!!!

The soundcheck then opens its doors to a bunch of competition winners who get treated to an impromptu Warning Sign along with a totally unexpected track from the album sessions that I've never even heard them play before - I couldn't even tell you what it was called! Talk about exclusive...

Here are my pics from Tuesday night.

http://longlivecoldplay.site.shutterfly.com

Really great pics! It was great to see all the shots and kind of relive the moment again. I love the butterflies...nice shot of Chris and the butterflies. You got a lot of really nice ones of the band. Their is one of Will that is especially nice.

What kind of camera did you have. It looked like you were able to get in close. My little one got busted recently and am looking to replace it and get one for concerts and such.

I loved that Chris's guitar said Danza! I noticed that during the concert!

Really great pics! It was great to see all the shots and kind of relive the moment again. I love the butterflies...nice shot of Chris and the butterflies. You got a lot of really nice ones of the band. Their is one of Will that is especially nice.

What kind of camera did you have. It looked like you were able to get in close. My little one got busted recently and am looking to replace it and get one for concerts and such.

I loved that Chris's guitar said Danza! I noticed that during the concert!

Thank you for the comments on our pics. My husband shot all of the pictures (i am way to busy screaming along and dancing). We bought the camera the night before the show so we weren't sure about how they would turn out... but we were very pleased. It is a sony cybershot DSC-H50, it is a little bulky... the security guard at the United Center was right next to us and didn't say a thing. We were in row 7 so I think that also has something to do with it.

I know ! They got to hear warning sign!!! But I got to hear my own secret little soundcheck performance ;)

granted it wasn't that long...

Johnny was playing the main clocks guitar riff ( piano part on the guitar!) and green eyes!

Really? That is totally cool. I love that clocks riff...I heard an accoustic version of them playing it...from thenI tried to learn it by ear and every so often I try to play it on the guitar...its fast though! I love it.

He was playing green eyes too...cool! Electric or accoustic? I thought Chris played that part.

Thank you for the comments on our pics. My husband shot all of the pictures (i am way to busy screaming along and dancing). We bought the camera the night before the show so we weren't sure about how they would turn out... but we were very pleased. It is a sony cybershot DSC-H50, it is a little bulky... the security guard at the United Center was right next to us and didn't say a thing. We were in row 7 so I think that also has something to do with it.

Coolness! Thanks for the info. Lucky you were row 7! Must have been a good time!

Really? That is totally cool. I love that clocks riff...I heard an accoustic version of them playing it...from thenI tried to learn it by ear and every so often I try to play it on the guitar...its fast though! I love it.

He was playing green eyes too...cool! Electric or accoustic? I thought Chris played that part.

it sounded like normal green eyes, acoustic , and yeah clocks was awesome. If they whipped that out in concert it would be tight !

• 3 weeks later...