✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

They censored the VLV album artwork!

knectthedots

At least here in the US, every physical album copy I've seen in stores has a convenient big black sticker that covers the lady's exposed breasts on the front cover artwork (and some of the title text as well). The sticker is the one that like the album name and all of the singles. From images I've seen from other places, the sticker is smaller and in the corner of the album, so as not to block the title or much artwork. But, in the US, the placed the sticker right in the middle over her!

I think it takes a bit away from the band's artistic choice of the album cover, and I'm a bit disappointed in whomever made the decision to do this. Is it like this in other places?

nope! mine wasn't censored.

i would only expect censorship or something like this, maybe, in Wal-Mart.

again, as somebody mentioned, it's a famous painting/artwork.

and i say this with exaggeration, but it's not like anybody hasn't seen boobs before (get over it, you prude conservatives. your children will have to learn about them anyway.) :rolleyes:

Where did you get yours then? I bought mine from circuit city (free dress tshirt - woo!) and it had the same big black sticker over said boobs *smiles* I also noticed that at circuit city, the album has got an 'explicit' label attatched to it, whereas it hasn't at places like best buy. So Watson, the best deduction I can make, is that circuit city must like to keep very, very safe.

M.

Where did you get yours then? I bought mine from circuit city (free dress tshirt - woo!) and it had the same big black sticker over said boobs *smiles* I also noticed that at circuit city, the album has got an 'explicit' label attatched to it, whereas it hasn't at places like best buy. So Watson, the best deduction I can make, is that circuit city must like to keep very, very safe.

M.

got mine at CC too....with the rather LARGE t-shirt. No label on my cd though...and the boobs WERE obscured by the sticker. :rolleyes:

M.

I wanted to go to Circuit City for the t-shirt, but when I got there I discovered it had gone out of business!!! I was not very happy about that... luckily there's a Best Buy directly across the street. Oh, the wonders of living on Long Island... :laugh3:

It was like that at Target and at Starbucks. I live in Phoenix, which is trending fairly liberal nowadays.

It is on the wrapper, so, yes, it comes off, but I still think it's not right because the cover is artwork. I might be more open to it if it were a X-rated picture of a supermodel, but it's a painting about the French Revolution and lady liberty! Oh well. AT least they can't change the awesome music! :)

I wanted to go to Circuit City for the t-shirt, but when I got there I discovered it had gone out of business!!! I was not very happy about that... luckily there's a Best Buy directly across the street. Oh, the wonders of living on Long Island... :laugh3:

out of business? :D awha. i'm sure it has nothing to do with best buy being right across the street.

i wouldn't worry much about not getting a tshirt though. they were were enormous anyway. mine comes down to the tops of my knees, and i'm tall ish *grin*

M.