July 2, 200818 yr I still can't believe I got to see him perform live @ Coachella!! That's definitely one of the biggest highlights this year. :dance: Aside from the "diva" attitude, he's an incredible musician and artist. Much respect. He's also a midget.:rolleyes:
July 2, 200818 yr Yup. He wears high-heeled boots to try to disguise it.;) Like how you use puns to hide your lack of funnyness? O, sorry, that's not true and its too mean.
July 2, 200818 yr Like how you use puns to hide your lack of funnyness? O, sorry, that's not true and its too mean. And more to the point, totally erroneous.:rolleyes:
July 2, 200818 yr He's also a midget.:rolleyes: He's extremely short. Making a midget comment about Prince is the 'humourous' equivalent of calling Chris a 'spastic' because he messes up vocal lines so often in every gig. Like how you use puns to hide your lack of funnyness? O, sorry, that's not true and its too mean. It may have been mean but it was, unfortunately, true. Prince is awsome. He's an incredible musician, lyricist, everything. He has some personality quirks which I don't always like, but that seems to be the pattern with geniuses (as well as the rest of us, no doubt!!)
July 2, 200818 yr I took a friend to see Prince at the O2 last September. We expected nothing more than to enjoy a few classic 'hits' and enjoy it, but I was so blown away, it was a mind-blowing gig, and turned me into a huge Prince fan on the spot. The guy plays guitar as well as Hendrix, is a virtuoso piano player, just incredible. I wa slowly working my way through his back catalogue until I got distracted recently, and had just laid my hands on Parade, which is an extraordinary album. Sometimes it Snows in April is one of the saddest, most haunting and yet uplifting songs ever. Truly one everyone should hear before they die... FixYou319, I don't suppose you have bootlegs of the shows from last September 12th or 19th? I had the brilliant quality boots from the shows I went to but my PC recently blew up and I've lost everything :( Prince is ok, but no way in hell he plays the guitar as well as Hendrix. no one does. i said it.
July 2, 200818 yr Prince is ok, but no way in hell he plays the guitar as well as Hendrix. no one does. i said it. Have you seen Hendrix live (in person)? <edit> I'm guessing you haven't, and nor have I, but personally having seen probably over 1000 live bands in my lifetime I haven't seen anyone come as close to Hendrix as Prince. And I've seen many legendary live guitarists that are supposed to be at least near his level. I should have written that it was just my opinion in that post, and (wrongly!) assumed that that would be taken for granted. Anyway, I guess you've never seen Prince live either. If you had you'd say he was far far more than 'ok'!! Peace :)
July 2, 200818 yr actually i have seen him live in uncut bootlegs of cours ebut still the same show. hes another hendrix wannabe like everyone else pretty much. and i knew it was your opinion i was staing mine. overall Prince is just "ok". right now the best guitarist out there is John Mayer. Get a live cd of his or go see him live. Live In New York is good. or his most recent one is Where the Light is: live in L.A. listen to "out Of My Mind". hes amazing. as close to hendrix as we will ever get in my opinion. If Eric Clapton,Buddy Guy and other legendary guitarists say so. i say so.
July 2, 200818 yr Does anyone know "Cinnamon Girl" from his Musicology album? That's one of my most favourite songs ever :D The video for it caused a bit of controversy though.
July 2, 200818 yr you can listen to the original version by Neil Young. I've never heard his version.
July 2, 200818 yr actually i have seen him live in uncut bootlegs of cours ebut still the same show. hes another hendrix wannabe like everyone else pretty much. and i knew it was your opinion i was staing mine. overall Prince is just "ok". right now the best guitarist out there is John Mayer. Get a live cd of his or go see him live. Live In New York is good. or his most recent one is Where the Light is: live in L.A. listen to "out Of My Mind". hes amazing. as close to hendrix as we will ever get in my opinion. If Eric Clapton,Buddy Guy and other legendary guitarists say so. i say so. I look forward to checking John Mayer out, I've heard a lot of good things about him. With respect though, if you haven't seen Prince live in person (which means you were actually at a gig - call me old-fashioned if you will!!) you would never realise just how good he is. And not only is he a virtuoso guitarist he's also at the same level as an expert pianist, vocalist and producer (and more!). So 'ok' is not the word in anyone's book!
July 2, 200818 yr you can listen to the original version by Neil Young. I've never heard his version. The Prince song is actually an original track not a cover :) Here's Neil Young: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9OBw7yQEzg Here's the Prince song: http://video.aol.com/video/music-prince-cinnamon-girl/1199842 (only available in USA I think) The video for the song has generated controversy, especially from conservatives in the United States. In the video a Muslim girl (played by New Zealand actress Keisha Castle-Hughes) is depicted as being victimized following the 9/11 Attacks and then dreaming of blowing up an airport with a bomb. While the New York Post described the video as the most tasteless ever, the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee has praised the video for bringing attention to the discrimination faced by Arab-Americans since 9/11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_Girl_(Prince_song)
July 3, 200818 yr He's extremely short. Making a midget comment about Prince is the 'humourous' equivalent of calling Chris a 'spastic' because he messes up vocal lines so often in every gig. It may have been mean but it was, unfortunately, true. Try looking up the word "hyperbole" in your dictionary, and you might learn something.;) Prince is very short, whereas Chris isn't physically or mentally impaired in any way as far as I know, therefore your analogy is totally erroneous.;)
July 3, 200818 yr It may have been mean but it was, unfortunately, true. What is undoubtedly true is that you are devoid of a sense of humour.:rolleyes:
July 3, 200818 yr The Prince song is actually an original track not a cover :) Here's Neil Young: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9OBw7yQEzg Here's the Prince song: http://video.aol.com/video/music-prince-cinnamon-girl/1199842 (only available in USA I think) The video for the song has generated controversy, especially from conservatives in the United States. In the video a Muslim girl (played by New Zealand actress Keisha Castle-Hughes) is depicted as being victimized following the 9/11 Attacks and then dreaming of blowing up an airport with a bomb. While the New York Post described the video as the most tasteless ever, the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee has praised the video for bringing attention to the discrimination faced by Arab-Americans since 9/11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_Girl_(Prince_song) my bad i wasn't aware that it was a different song entirely.
July 4, 200818 yr The Prince song is actually an original track not a cover :) Here's Neil Young: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9OBw7yQEzg Here's the Prince song: http://video.aol.com/video/music-prince-cinnamon-girl/1199842 (only available in USA I think) The video for the song has generated controversy, especially from conservatives in the United States. In the video a Muslim girl (played by New Zealand actress Keisha Castle-Hughes) is depicted as being victimized following the 9/11 Attacks and then dreaming of blowing up an airport with a bomb. While the New York Post described the video as the most tasteless ever, the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee has praised the video for bringing attention to the discrimination faced by Arab-Americans since 9/11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_Girl_(Prince_song) err that's a bit extreme :\ but i definitely get the point. and now i feel sad.
March 16, 200917 yr I thought I'd revive this thread, since I'm a huge Prince fan and his two new albums are coming out on the 29th of March (yes, two new studio albums!) I'm not sure what to expect; I loved Musicology and 3121, but was a bit thrown by Planet Earth...I thought it was thrown together with weak tracks. Yes, the guy is eccentric, but he's a freaking genius. Just the fact that he has 35 studio albums out there (including the 2 new ones) is amazing. He's a true artist.
March 26, 200917 yr So both albums are now circulating the net. I'm listening to Lotus Flow3r at the moment, and really enjoying it. This is one of the best albums in Prince's catalogue. :) MPLSoUND is going to be played next. From what I understand, it has a different sound, more electro. I'm still going to buy this when it's released on the 29th. The quality is worth it.
October 17, 201015 yr Thought I'd bump this in light of Prince's recent press conference: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEA_nf3h5I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Prince Announces Series of Concerts in New York[/ame] :dance: seeing him in concert is definitely on my concert bucket list ;)
Create an account or sign in to comment