🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

July 18, 2011 - submitted by Dave, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Will the boys play the same new stuff they have been playing at the Festivals, at the iTunes festival since it will be able to be downloaded? Will they want it to be out there before the actual album comes out?

The Oracle replies:

Phil tweeted last night that they were working on the setlist for Friday so expect some changes. I won't reveal what they are but it won't be identical.

POC LETS BRING IT ON!

I'm sorry for the naive question, but I'm pretty new to all this Coldplay things...but I will apreciate if someone please tells me who is the person that replies to the Oracle? and I had no idea this could be used to ease personal stuff, like friendships, whatever that has not going out well...so non Coldplay subjects are allowed. All of this it happens to be a surprise to me!

and I had no idea this could be used to ease personal stuff, like friendships, whatever that has not going out well...so non Coldplay subjects are allowed. All of this it happens to be a surprise to me!

oracle_submittext.png

I'm sorry for the naive question, but I'm pretty new to all this Coldplay things...but I will apreciate if someone please tells me who is the person that replies to the Oracle? and I had no idea this could be used to ease personal stuff, like friendships, whatever that has not going out well...so non Coldplay subjects are allowed. All of this it happens to be a surprise to me!

To say the least, you can ask anything :D

July 19, 2011 - submitted by Michael, Ireland

Q. Dear Oracle,

I was at Oxegen over the weekend and Coldplay's performance made my festival. I was wondering about who Chris dedicated Fix You to that night. He said it was "for Ava Champion". Is this person related to Will and why was she given this great honor of having that beautiful song dedicated to her?

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Ava is Will's eldest daughter and as she was in attendance, Chris dedicated the song to her.

July 20, 2011 - submitted by Wesley, United States of America

Q. Have you seen the last Harry Potter yet? What was your favorite part?

The Oracle replies:

Indeed I have, I took a special friend to see it on the opening day. My favourite part is when Harry uses the pensieve to see Snape's memories. I have to say I was disappointed the end of the book (19 years later) was included though. I thought it was cheesy & unnecessary.

July 20, 2011 - submitted by Malin, Norway

Q. What is the meaning behind Everything's Not Lost? I can't make up my mind.

The Oracle replies:

It's pretty self-explanatory from the title alone. I just see it as a positive song about not giving up - don't think that everything is lost because there is always hope. I suppose it's their way of saying always look on the bright side of life. If you recall, I once said that Don't Panic was initially called Panic; the sentiment of that song feels the same to me so the title reflects that.

July 21, 2011 - submitted by Tom, Belgium

Q. Dear Oracle,

Recently I heard certain artist can do this, so I was wondering; are the band's hands insured?

The Oracle replies:

I know that some pianists insure their hands, dancers insure their feet and singers insure their voices but no parts of the band's anatomy has been insured.

The insuring of attributes has been going on for a long while through the modern ages; Fred Astaire insured his feet, Betty Grable insured her legs and Dolly Parton has insured her... well, I think you can guess!

July 21, 2011 - submitted by Samantha, United States of America

Q. What is written on Chris Martin's right hand in the Clocks video? There is an arrow pointing to something, but I can't make it out in the video. (At about 3:20 into the song).

The Oracle replies:

If you pause the

at 3.23, you will see Chris has an arrow on his little finger pointing up to Make Trade Fair.com written on his hand.

July 21, 2011 - submitted by Cody, United States of America

Q. So let's say you are an eleven year old boy eager to go to Hogwarts. Upon arrival you are sorted into one of the houses, which one are you sorted into?

The Oracle replies:

Slytherin. To be fair I could fit nicely into any house apart from Hufflepuff. I'd not make the most tolerant wizard.

On March 18th, 2009, The Sorting Hat placed me in Ravenclaw.

If you recall a year and a day ago I myself decided the fate of the band members. I placed Chris in Hufflepuff, Will in Gryffindor, Jonny in Ravenclaw and Guy in Slytherin.

July 21, 2011 - submitted by Maaike, Canada

Q. Hi Oracle,

I hope you're well. Did the boys make their own clothes for the upcoming tour like they did for the Viva tour? If not, who did? Thanks! :)

The Oracle replies:

The band are involved in ideas for what their clothes will look like and did have a hand in certain customising of the Viva costumes but didn't actually make them.

The same goes for the current clothes. Beth, their stylist, bought various pieces and got t shirts screenprinted etc. The band designed patches that were added and they all put bits of spray paint on them.

July 21, 2011 - submitted by Tom, Belgium[/color][/b]

Q. Dear Oracle,

Recently I heard certain artist can do this, so I was wondering; are the band's hands insured?

The Oracle replies:

I know that some pianists insure their hands, dancers insure their feet and singers insure their voices but no parts of the band's anatomy has been insured.

The insuring of attributes has been going on for a long while through the modern ages; Fred Astaire insured his feet, Betty Grable insured her legs and Dolly Parton has insured her... well, I think you can guess!

Her teeth. Yeah...that's it.

Jimmy Page insured his hands for a million!! Not sure if that was a million each though.