✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Dec-08: O2 Arena, Dublin - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos (NEW DATE)

Welcome to the thread for the above show which can be used for all discussion prior to, during and after the show.

One thread one show - should hopefully keep everyone organised and up-to-date with Coldplay on the road.

Did you get tickets?

Are you looking for tickets?

Are you looking for ticket swaps?

Need help/directions on getting to the show?

Not sure what the arrangements and rules are for the particular venue is?

Are you just bloody excited?

Do you have a review for the show?

Did you take any pictures... share them here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris solo piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (acoustic)

Jingle Bells (acoustic)

Fairytale Of New York (acoustic - Will lead vocals, Pogues cover)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist / Back For Good

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

Photos

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1601

Wiki reviews

http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/22_December_2008:_02_Arena%2C_Dublin%2C_Ireland

Videos

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvzep0XidE]YouTube - Yellow-Coldplay[/ame]

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris solo piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (acoustic)

Jingle Bells (acoustic)

Fairytale Of New York (acoustic - Will lead vocals, Pogues cover)

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=niF2Y9fxBUo]YouTube - coldplay fairytale of new york[/ame]

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist / Back For Good

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

Merchandise

Coldplaying Charity Club Tour Merchandise. All proceeds go to Oxfam Unwrapped.

268863775v16_350x350_Front_Color-CaribbeanBlue.jpg

268868529v16_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

273152429v7_240x240_Front_Color-Black.jpg

268868202v9_240x240_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

Check out the shop for more items and other colours.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed out on tickets for the first show somehow, even though i was trying since before 9... it seemed to be sold out after 2-3 minutes... so i tried the second one as soon as it was up... and i got tickets at the very (*very*) back, to the side... eugh :(

i missed out on tickets for the first show somehow, even though i was trying since before 9... it seemed to be sold out after 2-3 minutes... so i tried the second one as soon as it was up... and i got tickets at the very (*very*) back, to the side... eugh :(

Same for me, we got the chance to buy tickets really far away and we didn't buy them, that's why I think they're not completely sold out, plus people might have made wrong orders and some tickets will be available in the next days when this first batch will be sorted out

let's be positive :smiley:

@Sandy: I suggest you create an account on ticketmaster ;)

Have tickets for Swap

Hiya,

I have 2 tickets to the Belfast Odyssey gig on the 19th of December, but would really love to swap for either of the Dublin gigs. (Can't believe how fast they sold out! Talk about popular!!)

My tickets are on the South Upper, Row U, Seats 5 & 6 (door 5).

I've never been to the Odyssey, but I've heard it's great. I'm pleased that I have tickets at all, but I would prefer the Dublin gig for travel reasons.

Thanks a million.

I've been coldplay fan for years, they my favourite band by far, last i seen them was in Marley park in 2005. My friend and I queued up from 7 in the morning at Jervis. Although there was only two people ahead of us, if we had not went so early we wouldn't of got tickets. When it came to 9 o'clock I they start selling tickets, only for the first guy to turn around and tell us it was sold out already, they announced second concert there and then, when the second guy was there he turned around and said second concert was selling out fast, luckily when we got up they still had tickets, and we got great seats, block A row 19. Very lucky to get them tickets let alone the seats.

I think the way tickets are sold is wrong, there should be enough tickets put aside for people who get up early and queue up, instead of them all being sold out online and then its a dissapointing and a waste of a morning for those who queue up.

Maybe they might come back next year sometime in the summer in a bigger venue so more people have a chance to see them who miss out this time

Whoa this makes me remember when I queued up at 6 for U2 tickets and when they started selling them the Milan show was already sold out, almost 70.000 tickets gone in like 5 minutes (luckily I have been able to find them by swapping my Rome one).

I'm with you about the wrong way the tickets are sold, not only for people who queue up but also for those who are not even aware of the concert, it was a short notice and prolly many people are on holidays..and the show is in December, plus (almost) no one knew there was a second one, you don't even have to time to understand if you can really go.

Anyway I'm not giving up my hope to find tickets for this show too, even if I have to feed the touts outside the O2, it would be too painful to be in Dublin and not be able to go :(

This is the new seating chart for the o2 Dublin for the Coldplay gigs. I know this is gonna sound incredibly stupid, but I don't really understand how this chart works. I'm trying to figure out where Row 39 on block H is.

Here is the seating chart: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/197033/12092/

I'm sorry for asking such a silly question, as it's probably obvious to everyone but me where Row 39 is, but I just can't figure it out myself! It's the numbers that are throwing me...are they for the rows or the seats or what?

Cheers for any help anyone can offer!

This is the new seating chart for the o2 Dublin for the Coldplay gigs. I know this is gonna sound incredibly stupid, but I don't really understand how this chart works. I'm trying to figure out where Row 39 on block H is.

Here is the seating chart: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/197033/12092/

I'm sorry for asking such a silly question, as it's probably obvious to everyone but me where Row 39 is, but I just can't figure it out myself! It's the numbers that are throwing me...are they for the rows or the seats or what?

Cheers for any help anyone can offer!

block H is in green. The numbers along the front of the first section of "H" that say 33-37 are row numbers. You will notice the next sections of "H" go beyond the first so the row numbers go higher than 37. The numbers along the back of each section are the seat numbers.

I only just realized that this is the closer for the European tour leg. I was kicking myself for not buying tickets for the 21st instead, as its the grand opening of the O2, but I think this is even better!! :dance:

Oh, this is going to be one fun concert. Only...4 and a half months left?

:dance: yayyyy, let's hope some other people get to chance to come online and see they can buy them.

What seat did you get? cause it seems they were selling all seats close to each other

@polkahard: they're not opening the O2 as Leonard Cohen has a date scheduled there for December 1.

:dance: yayyyy, let's hope some other people get to chance to come online and see they can buy them.

What seat did you get? cause it seems they were selling all seats close to each other

@polkahard: they're not opening the O2 as Leonard Cohen has a date scheduled there for December 1.

I'm not entirely sure as my sister booked them but I'm sure it's Block C row 78-?? and can't remember the rest haha, but they seem good!

I will have 2 spare tickets for this as I was able to find two tickets for the first night, which is easier for me to get to. The seats are in Block M for Monday the 22nd of December and I'm selling them at cost price if anyone is interested. Just send me a Private Message if you are interested!

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, thats a sunday right? well it all depends on whether i have exams on the monday or not, god i hope not.

are numbers 160 and 161 on the lower tier, do you know? (they're like colour-coded on the seating charts for the o2 i think...)

oh yes! and the all-important question, what price are you selling them at?