✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Dec-08: O2 Arena, Dublin - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos (NEW DATE)

In Need Of Tickets

Hey kids,

Welcome to a new post of someone desperately begging for two tickets for any of the dates :(

I was on holiday when they announced the Dublin date and by the time I came back they were sold out.

Was having a look on eBay and theyre going for astronomical amounts of money, and being a lowly student I can't afford any of those prices.

So, does anyone have two or know of someone who's looking to get rid of theirs and impart them to someone who's been a fan since the beginning?

Im desperate to see the lads in Dublin again, saw them in Marlay before and they were fcuking class.

Anyways, cheers for reading my pathetic rant :) Any help is very much obliged.

Cheers

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Charity will be main star of opening night

0711_Boyzone_H_223664t.jpg

O2 FIRST: Boyzone

The very first show for the sensational new O2 arena in Dublin can finally be revealed.

The Herald can exclusively announce that the honour will go to the Childline Concert on December 16.

The event will feature a host of pop acts including Boyzone, Shayne Ward, Scouting for Girls, The Script, Alphabeat and The Saturdays.

The first gig at the amazing new 13,000 capacity venue that has replaced the Point Depot had been subject to intense speculations for months.

Glorious

U2, Oasis and even Britney Spears had all been mooted as being the first act to play the venue, so it comes as a huge surprise that promoters have opted for the Childline Concert.

However, insiders have told the Herald that the charity event was "a glorious dress rehearsal opportunity" to ensure that the new venue will be "up to scratch".

Priced at €40 each, Childline tickets will go on sale next Thursday, November 13, at 9am and concert promoters are expecting them to sell out fast.

Although those who don't manage to get a ticket will still get a sneak preview of the multimillion-euro venue with the concert being televised on RTE 2 on Friday December 19 at 7pm.

Since the first concert was held in 1997, Childline has benefited to the tune of €2.5m and the children's charity will receive €400,000 alone from 2008's concert.

Thanks

According to a representative of the charity: "Childline would like to thank all parties involved with the concert including the artists, organisers and The O2 Dublin, who are generously giving their services and time free of charge on this historic opening night of the O2 arena.

"Their involvement will contribute significantly to ensuring that every child who contacts Childline will be heard," they added.

Meanwhile Mike Adamson, CEO of The O2, Dublin said: "We are very excited and find it fitting that the Cheerios Childline Concert, a major charity event, will be unveiling The O2 Dublin.

"We are looking forward to the concert and everyone enjoying the fabulous new facilities on the night," he added.

Following the much anticipated Childline concert, Kings of Leon will play the impressive arena on December 19 while Coldplay will take to the stage on December 21 and 22.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/charity-will-be-main-star-of-opening-night-1527155.html

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2 tics for Monday 22nd of December show. Unfortunately my sister can't make it now. Depending on the seats available I'd like to swap one of my tickets for the 22nd for a ticket on Sunday 21st.

The tickets I have are Block C, Row 31, Seats 73/74.

Turns out I may have something come up family-wise for next week, unfortunately. Which means I might not be making it from the States. However, I won't find out if I'll be heading to Ireland or not until Sunday (like literally right before my flight)!!

So if anyone is desperately searching for tickets for one of these shows, drop me a PM. If I'm not going to be able to make it across the pond, I can send you scans of my tickets. Probably sounds a bit shady, but it's the best I can do. If it works, you are welcome to Paypal me the cost of the tickets--meaning I'd be putting a bit of faith in you, too. But I'd be getting nothing for them anyway, so I figure its worth a shot.

Again, PM me if you might possibly want my tickets for Monday night. I won't be able to give you any warning of whether or not you'll actually get them until Sunday night/Monday morning. Probably not best for most people, but if you're desperate!

Unfortunately, I got news today that I'm not going to be able to make it. Prior committments, combined with the nasty snowstorm here in the States, made sure of that.

But, if anyone still is interested in buying, let me know TODAY. I could still do international overnight shipping today and the tickets should in all likelihood make it to you in Ireland by Monday. And I'll also send along the scans by e-mail as a back-up in case the real thing doesn't make it there in time. (Which actually does work, believe me.)

Thing is, if you want any chance of getting them shipped, I need a PM today[/i]. Tickets are Block E, Row 32, Seats 132 and 133. Cost is face value, 132.30 euro, (exactly what I paid for them through Ticketmaster with booking fees), and say, 10 euros tacked on to get them out to you.

Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster here. Just wondering can anyone tell me around what time Coldplay are expected to begin their set at, and around what time do they usually finish? Just need to know if I can make the last bus home or will I have to wait till the morning.

Can't freakin wait for this gig!!!