✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The White Stripes

Sweet One

The White Stripes, anyone??

Hey coldplayers...I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on the White Stripes. I'm writing a report on them and i need some insight from anyone who knows them well enough to make an informed opinion. I would go to my friends, but they don't know who they are. So, i figure you coldplayers may know enough about them. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!! :D :) :o :lol: 8) :wink:

( I got carried away with the smilies..they're just so damn cute!)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i'll try not to make my reply too long but i love the white stripes so much i'll probably natter on.

I think the white stripes r one of the most important bands out there at the minute, just because what they're doing is completely and utterly different to the "popular" music. I mean, what could be more unusual than 2 wierdly dressed (brother/sister/wife/people????) playing this mental, freakout blues and making it sound so damn good?

To recycle what's traditonally seen as an "old" form of music that grandads used to bop 2 and make it seem completely new, exciting and surprising is incredible and just blows away all the sub-standard crap that clogs up the radio.

Probably the best word to use to describe them is intense.:shock: The relationship between Jack and Meg is freakily intense, look how they seem to know what the other's thinking (wierd huh?) and the way jack screams like his life depends on it and jumps/climbs/falls all over the stage whilst still being cool.

They are essentially a phenomenam, i mean they turn up completely against the grain of nu-metal/garage rock bands which r the latest trend as if they come from another planet. They take what is probably one of the most basic forms of music - the blues - and morph it into something completely different. Take for instance "stop breaking down", just a normal 12 bar blues song, yet they strip it down 2 just raw guitar and drums and push it through a mangler, creating this messed up/intense/twisted sound which is unique and - more importantly - relevant.

If someone told me about april time last year that one of my favourite bands would consist of 2 people dressed in red and white, playing the blues on just drums and guitar i'd laugh at them. I didn't mind the blues before, but it was hardly cutting edge, new and exciting. The stripes basically recycled the blues, took it out of the dustbin, gave it a lick of paint and a kick up the arse and wahay! what do you have? This unique sounding/fantastic live/more intense than slipknot band which are absolutely nothing like anything else around at the moment.

1 last thing before i shut up. I was doin some schoolwork whilst listening to the radio, the normal sub-standard crap and i wasn't really listening. Then on comes "fell in love with a girl" and instantly it grabs you. The feedback and the pounding drums woah! and then this girly/screamy voice screaming at you about how he's "fell in love once and lost completely" i had 2 stop workin and just listen. i know i used this word about 6 times before but the intensity (lol) present in them grabs you and demands your undivided attention.

Thank lord for the White stripes :!:

anyways, my download's finished so i'm off and i've written far 2 much. I hope that helps you sweet one, if it doesn't...well then i'll cry :(

btw this is my first post and it's about a completely different band 2 the actual one the site is for, how ironic!

THANK YOU INVISIBLE!!!! You're post alone will help me in ways unimaginable!!! You are truly fantastic!!!!!! In fact....I think your my new best friend on this board!!! Once again, thank you!!

Oh! By the way, for your first post, it was a pretty damn good one!!! WELCOME!!!!

Sweet

Hey, no problem! :wink: I just wanted to share some of my feelings (some would also say obsessive detail) and help u out, plus i was really bored the other night and no-one was online :)

wow my first post and i'm accepted and welcomed with open arms into the coldplay board group-thingy. I feel so loved......sniff

(p.s. the white stripes rock, anyone who says otherwise is a fool!)

Hey, no problem! :wink: I just wanted to share some of my feelings (some would also say obsessive detail) and help u out, plus i was really bored the other night and no-one was online :)

wow my first post and i'm accepted and welcomed with open arms into the coldplay board group-thingy. I feel so loved......sniff

(p.s. the white stripes rock, anyone who says otherwise is a fool!)

You're cool!!! The White Stripes are fantastic!! I'm always singing one of their songs and nobody knows who they are!! Silly fools!!! It's their loss!

Welcome again!!!

Sweet :wink:

my favorite dead leaves and the dirty ground!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome song..have you seen the video??? It's fabulous!! :wink:

yeah i like it i like the other video too fell in love with a girl. they were both directed by

or something like that :arrow: michel gondry

my favorite dead leaves and the dirty ground!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome song..have you seen the video??? It's fabulous!! :wink:

yeah i like it i like the other video too fell in love with a girl. they were both directed by

or something like that :arrow: michel gondry

darn :? every time i come here i keep on forgetting to sign in so my messages come up as guest by the way that was me who respnded well thats alright i'v only done that twice

at the beginning of this month i got the new spin magazine.

it featured coldplay

anyways what i wanted to say was on the cover of spin was the white stripes. welll of course i read the coldplay article first but after that i read that article of the white stripes front to back. i kind of knew most of the stuff it mentioned but i thought it was pretty weird what those two people in the band have been telling others. i read that they said they where brother and sister, then i read somewhere's else that they were married. what to believe? well when i read the article to see if this was true they didnt deny any of it, but they never even admitted to it either. so anyways i still like their music. By the way, did anybody see them perform on the mtv movie awards?

i missed the MTV music awards, but the top of the pops 2000th edition would have flopped like a big floppy thing if the white stripes didn't come on and squash everything else, woo hoo

:sniper: death to all sub-standard pop acts

Oh, by the way, sweet one (or anyone else for that matter) if u like the white stripes, you should check out "The Yeah Yeah Yeah's" they have a kinda bluesy yet rocky sound which is incredibly cool and they're different enough from the white stripes to make them worth checking out. Plus the singer has a COOL voice

The Bellrays are also another cool band, they're like a rock band fronted by Aretha Franklin (boy can she sing!)

i missed the MTV music awards, but the top of the pops 2000th edition would have flopped like a big floppy thing if the white stripes didn't come on and squash everything else, woo hoo

:sniper: death to all sub-standard pop acts

Oh, by the way, sweet one (or anyone else for that matter) if u like the white stripes, you should check out "The Yeah Yeah Yeah's" they have a kinda bluesy yet rocky sound which is incredibly cool and they're different enough from the white stripes to make them worth checking out. Plus the singer has a COOL voice

The Bellrays are also another cool band, they're like a rock band fronted by Aretha Franklin (boy can she sing!)

hell yeah

• 6 months later...