✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The White Stripes

Sweet One

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Stripes - My concert experience!

Last night I had the privilage of seeing The White Stripes perform at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, CA. I wanted to share my concert experience with you.

First of all, Soledad Bros. and Hot Hot Heat opened for them. The Soledad Bros. were incredible. I liked Hot Hot Heat, but I felt that they still need to develop more as a band. There was just something about them that I didn't like.

We were expecting The White Stripes to go on at 9pm, but they walked on stage at 9:35pm. No problem... but you could feel in the crowd the anticipation. They casually walk on stage, Jack picks up his guitar, Meg sits at her drums and it's on! Right from the beginning they had me in awe. Seriously! I was sitting in Row A in the center (I have a friend that scored me those seats). Jack White had his hair in his face the majority of the time and I was just aching to see his face. Every now and then he would flip it back and I would get a partial look. I mean come on... I am sitting that close... I want to see him close up. They sounded amazing and I must say... give it up for Meg White! She is incredible too! I like her style. :)

They sang around 27 songs before walking off stage and then they came back on and did 3 more. During the last two songs Jack moved that hair out of his eyes and ladies... I have to say... he is pretty spectacular. ;) It's a shame he hids behind his hair most of the time.

For those of you who have seen them live, you know what I am talking about when I say... "WOW!" Jack White is extremely talented. When he was talking to the audience he was talking in this funny voice... but you can't help but love the guy. :cool:

At the vey end he flicked his guitar pic into the audience and it feel next to us. My husband dove for it and was in a wrestling match for it. I thought there was no way he would get it, but he did!!!! So we have Jack White's guitar pick! :lol:

I just wanted to share my experience with all of you. It was an incredible show! It's amazing that it's just he and Meg up there.

There was a moment in the show when Jack White looked right at me and saw me sceaming and he just smiled. That was pretty cool.

wow!! amazing!! i know this sounds vain,but at the coldplay show i was like the only person standing up and singing in my section really and i could have sworn chris was looking at me! :blush: :D (but i was probly seeing things)

I went to see them in San Diego at the RIMAC Arena. Unfortunately, I didn't make it in time to catch the Soledad Brothers play. I made it just in time to see the YYY's play their last two songs but it's cool. I had already seen them two times prior. While The White Stripes' crew was setting up their gear, they played lots of old cartoons like Betty Boop and what not which really got the crowd annoyed after the fourth or fifth cartoon. Finally the White Stripes came on and played a magneficient show. It was fantastic and was about an hour and thirty mintues long. I'm glad I caught them play.

I saw the White Stripes when they were down here in San Diego. Soledad Brothers opened for them along with the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. I don't shar eyour opinion of the Soledad Brothers. Though I liked them, they seemed to had a very "pull over at a bar in the middle of Texas and get into a fight" kind of sound to them. Don't know if that makes sense.

The YYYs were spectacular. Karin O. lived up to her reputation. "Black Tongue," "Wait," and "Rich" were highlights for me, though I was disappointed they didn't perform "Y-Control."

Oh ... WSs ...

Jack White was incredibly impressive. I mentioned this in the Jack black vs. Jack White thread, but you don't really realize how talented he is until you see them live. Their CDs are great, but part of the greatness is in the simplicity. On stage, seeing them perform song ater song after song, each seemingly demanding a different skill from him as Meg bangs her quarter notes ... it was dang impressive.

Are the White Stripes brother and sister or husband and wife? :huh:

See hon? I told ya nobody knows for sure :lol: :D

I've actually heard Jack refer to it both ways, BUT ...

VH-1 did report in some fluffy-special they did that Jack and Meg had been married. They quoted a time frame.

It's all very nauseating and I'm sure at some point I'll find a reason to use it against their music. Right now, they're rock gawds, in the pantheon of current greatness:

Coldplay

Radiohead

and The White Stripes.

Of course, that's my personal pantheon.

I am in love with Jack White

I have been completely captivated by him since seeing the White Stripes in concert last week. :heart:

Call it obsession... I don't know.

I actually have a SUPER nice pic of him but I don't know how to attach pics to the message board. Any assistance to offer?