✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AMAZING SONG!

Eh Steve!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is much better than the Preview lead me to believe it would be. It and LIJ2 are the strongest as far as the lyrics go. However Rainy Day is so different than anything they have ever done I think I like it the best so far. Well, tied with Glass Of Water for now. These songs could have easily made it on the album proper. In a way I am glad they waited. What an awesome year its been for Coldplay fans. I really feel the VLV era is their best so far. If it gets better than this we are really in for a big treat in the future.

Just my opinion but Glass Of Water is the only song on here that should have been on the actual VLV album. I guess we already had epicness with Viva La Vida itself and even the closing track, too much epicness? Either way it is (again IMO) the best song on the whole E.P.

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Favorite on the EP, with the fact that it's on an EP being both fortunate and unfortunate. It's bad because it may not get the attention it would get with an album release, but good because then it can remain a beloved treasure among core fans of the band without it getting too mainstream. I'm really hoping they play this live at the show I'm seeing on Tuesday; they seem a bit inconsistent with throwing this onto their playlists.

Coldplay have made a full comeback from X&Y!

Glass of Water is downright one of their best tracks. Not only from the EP or VLV era...but down right ever. It is in my top 5 already! ITs up there with Yellow, Politik, Scientist, In My Place and Clocks. Some how it blends most of those track together!

I wonder how they'll pull off the two guitars live. This will be one they play for the rest of time

I can not express how much I love Coldplay for taking one of the most epic songs they've ever written and putting the chorus in 7/4 time. They pull it off amazingly well, especially based on the fact that nobody here has said that the chorus sounds weird.

I just love how they're trying new things (new for them, anyway). And the song is rockin' too.

I can not express how much I love Coldplay for taking one of the most epic songs they've ever written and putting the chorus in 7/4 time. They pull it off amazingly well, especially based on the fact that nobody here has said that the chorus sounds weird.

I just love how they're trying new things (new for them, anyway). And the song is rockin' too.

Some of Yes (intro, bit after first chorus), the last part of Death And All His Friends, and the chorus and solo in Glass Of Water are in 7/4, and the songs are made infinitely more epic because of this.

More odd time signatures please.