What Do You Think?

Hotplay007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fan of jay-z but not of this song

Same. Jay-Z can throw down. He just did not do so in this song. =pp

Which is very disappointing because he has made some magic.. I mean the 'Numb' Encore with Linkin Park? That was art. I was expecting so much.. not cool. :\

Firstly I thought - what´s this? Is Coldplay going crazy? (more crazy like now :D) ...!

A remix with Jay-Z? But now, when I have the Prospekt´s March EP in the hand and can play up the song on my 5.1 Dolby-System, I think: WOW! What a song!!

But currently I can not be a friend of the rap-part of Jay-Z but the beat and the sound is great! And I think - when someone give me time - I will also love the song :P

Thanks for this! :)

Same. Jay-Z can throw down. He just did not do so in this song. =pp

Which is very disappointing because he has made some magic.. I mean the 'Numb' Encore with Linkin Park? That was art. I was expecting so much.. not cool. :\

I agree. I love the song but Jay-Z's rap blows. It sounds like he did not put much effort into his rap.

I'm with you guys; I was open to this and thought it could've turned out great but Jay-Z's part just didn't do much for me. I'm not familiar with Jay-Z's other material, though.

And Chris loves it! I wonder if he's A. more perceptive than me or B. just ecstatic that he got Jay-Z to star in a song.

i'll be skipping that one when i listen to Prospekts March. Lost is a fine song...and I understand that they're all friends...but when JAY Z starts with his miggity miggity mack, it makes me want to gurge.

• 3 weeks later...

i am not a fan of rap or jay-z at all. when i first heard this song i hated it so much, now i've listened to it so much i don't mind it. i like it more every time but i think i've levelled off to 'it's okay...'

my ipod's currently broken so i find myself lugging around a discman and as many coldplay cds as i can safely transport... been listening to prospekt's march a LOT lately and i really enjoy the original lost! so it always makes me happy when it comes on... irks me a bit at the rap but i'm starting to enjoy it

i mean, coldplay has done way too much good work to criticise them extensively for this one little slip--if you could call it a slip because it's still enjoyable music to some and i think making music people enjoy should be the goal-- and who knows, it could introduce some jay-z fans to coldplay and give them that nice experience :P as well as the other way around for coldplay fans who don't know much of jay-z but enjoyed his rap.

in short, i think it really helps that lost+ is not the only version of this song-- the fact that it was a remix and i can listen to lost! without the rap whenever i want to helps. lol perhaps the comparison made me not like it, but i think knowing it was a good song in the first place helped me warm up to this version

also, lost? kicks serious butt, so if lost+ was the only version there'd be another loss :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lost! to Lost+ = Perfection either way

First of all, I am a major fan of Jay-Z! He is arguably my favorite rapper. He has transcended the genre, and has been an icon in my humble opinion. If you heard Kingdom Come from Jay-Z, the last song "Beach Chair" with Chris was spectacular! Having Jay-Z return the favor for Lost+ is yet another high-quality collaboration! I love the song!

• 2 weeks later...

I love it and if you guys really foucused on the true intention and meaning of the song then you'd love it to.

Sucess is like suicide look at what its doing to Chris and Gwen... the media they suck

and Martin Luther King and malcom and Jesus well they might have felt as if they were loosing but we can all attest with the fact that in the end they haven't LOST