✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

snow!!!

coldplay_is_louve.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this morning when i was walking back from arabic class, it was snowing. "now my feet don't touch the ground" happened to just come up on my ipod, and it was so beautiful that i was like half crying. people must have thought i was a loon, walking around crying like that :lol:

:confused: I wish I had a moment like that. I could be too excited to hold my tears too.

But, be careful, tear stream down your face might got frozen :laugh3:

it snowed like crazy today here in central PA!

well, ok, not like CRAZY--it was like 1-1.5 inches max, and it all melted by like 1 PM anyway. but it was CRAZY for november in 2008, considering global warming. and the fact that last saturday here, it was over 75 degrees F!

i woke up and i can see a rooftop out of my window and it was white. i was like "is it always white?" and then i noticed everything was covered in snow! :dance:

i felt all christmassy today, but it's still a bit early. exactly one week until we're all ALLOWED to get christmassy! :santa:

Boo! :( We're supposed to get over a foot of snow tonight. Sounds like a nasty storm. And no one has their snow tires on yet, so there will probably be a lot of accidents. :worried:

If you don't hear from me for a long time, the wind, snow, and ice probably knocked the power out.

The first time I ever saw snow was when I went to Romania.

Romania2074.jpg

I seriously think it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my whole entire life. The little snowflakes were so perfect! The smell of it...everything! I won't lie, I did cry. Snow is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it again. :)

3049180895_026d00aeef.jpg

We've been hit by a blizzard here in Germany yesterday. :nice: It was massive! We had a big thunderstorm last night, too. News channels don't have any other topics than the weather chaos at the moment.

So that's today's morning view of the street where I live. It's the first snow of the year! :D

^Yeah, snow is always so much easier to appreciate when you don't have 5 more months of it on the way. :tongue:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/11/22/storm-maritimes.html

Wintry storm restricts travel, causes power outages in Maritimes

Last Updated: Saturday, November 22, 2008 | 11:19 AM ET

CBC News

Thousands of Maritimers were without power Saturday morning and many roads and highways were closed after a storm dumped up to 30 centimetres of snow in some areas.

moncton-shovel-081122.jpgA motorist in the Moncton area tries to get back on the road. (CBC) Highway 104 between the New Brunswick border and Truro, N.S., was closed because of blowing snow and slippery conditions. Plows won't be allowed to resume work until visibility improves, officials said.

In Prince Edward Island, snow plows west of Summerside were pulled off the roads due to poor weather conditions.

The power was out for Islanders in several communities, including Milton, Brackley, Winslow, Poplar Grove, Malpeque, Kensington, Darlington, Newton and Sherwood.

The power was also out on Lennox Island, off the northwest shore of P.E.I.

Initially, high-sided vehicles such as buses and large trucks were prevented from using the Confederation Bridge between New Brunswick and P.E.I., but then the bridge was closed entirely as of about 10 a.m. AT.

In New Brunswick, more than 1,000 NB Power customers had no electricity. There were smaller outages in Sackville and Rothesay.

In Nova Scotia, a little under 9,000 customers were without power in Hants, Colchester and Cumberland Counties.

Nearly all roads in Nova Scotia's Cumberland County were closed.

Most flights leaving Stanfield International Airport in Halifax were cancelled Saturday morning.

Passengers set to board a flight to Toronto were told their luggage would not be loaded onto the plane because there was no guarantee it would be able to leave.

Planes arriving from other cities haven't been able to land.

The Moncton airport has also reported flight cancellations and delays.

well. i was supposed to drive home starting tuesday morning and all through the day to get home for thanksgiving, but it sounds like it's going to snow quite a bit :dozey:. not snow like CRAZY, but i really don't want to be driving in anything more than a passing flurry, especially not for 5 hours. i guess i just have to keep an eye on the forecast to see if it changes.

this is the first time in my life i've ever been unhappy about a snowstorm. i think i'm growing up :bigcry:

We live in a beautiful world.. but moving fast in it can be hair-raising at times!! Take it easy, and you know - the first snowfall or two, people are caught unaware of the dangers, so slow and gentle gets you there safe and sound..

I was working on an invention of sorts - a type of hybrid design, where a snow-mobile belt and bogie-wheels could be rapidly lowered from a position tucked-up in the underside of the vehicle, and add traction and control in case the vehicle starts to slide or needs to stop rapidly. The idea I had was to put carbide-tipped nibs on the snowmobile belt, so it could get a better grip on ice as well.. Just my imagination getting the better of me, but whatchya think about it??