✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Aug-2009: Olympic Stadium, Stockholm - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Coldplay at the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm 22 Aug 2009

What a great show! I had so much fun. :D

I've posted my review of the show plus some pretty good pictures on my music blog, Rock Revival: http://www.rock-revival.com

Hi Daniel,

I just read your fantastic and very detailed review of the Coldplay concert in Stockholm. I used busybeeburn's Link and read 3 additional fantastic reviews. I was very pleased to read the reviews of the Madonna and two U2 concerts as well. U2 did not visit Denmark this time. :cry: Last time U2 visited Denmark was 31 May 2005, and I was not going to that concert, because I was not U2 fan before June 2005 via Bono. My interest started when reading about BONO being the one persuading a reluctant Bob Geldof to arrange the Make Poverty History concerts on 2 July 2005. I could have been at the recent Madonna concert in Copenhagen on 11 August 2009, but had seen the recent setlists - and she only played 2 songs of particular appeal to me ("Frozen" and "Like a Prayer"), so I decided to stay home, but was pleased to read your review from the Madonna concert in Sweden. THANK YOU SO MUCH. You really made my day. Your reviews get ****** (6*/6*). It was really like being at these concerts myself. I cannot THANK YOU enough. :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who got there early got numbers so it would be easier to line up..I think they went to like 400 or something (not sure about that) and then no more numbers..) so the people who had numbers got in first in the order of the numbers :)

ahh tanks!

But I suppose once you have your number, you have to sit and stay there in front of the closed gates?

You can't go away, have a drink, and then coming back later to enter with your number, before the thousands of people, without to queue!

It would be too easier:\ "Ok I go there at 5 am and then i'm going to sleep till the gig:rolleyes:"

I had the worst and also the best night of my life! We came to the stadium at 9am with my friend and had the line up numbers 359&360 and when we got in we were like 7-10 meters from the stage at 4pm when we got in and people sat on the ground, but then I HAD TO go to the toilet around 5pm and when I came back people were suddenly STANDING and I just couldn't get throught to where I used to be!! My friend who I came with from Finland to see the show was there alone and she had my bag which had my cell phone and all my stuff (except my camera) so I couldn't call her that I can't get through to her and I was trying for like an hour to get there from different parts of the field and just panicing and stuff and I just couldn't get there (I got like 5 meters from the end of the crowd and then just couldn't move anymore!) and so I went to the security people and they helped me a little so I finally (after calling for like 30 minutes) got hold of my friend and then I went into the crowd to get a place to watch and ended up being at the end of the long stage on the left..I'm so annoyed! why couldn't I just stay there and see the fucking concert from like the third row and now I'm at like almost half way of the field! SUCKS!!! but well the concert was still awesome (tho I couldn't see the guys on the stage almost at all) but chris came close to me a couple of times and stuff so I guess it was ok, but I was just so sad!! I'm so dissapointed on that side..but still I enjoyed the concert of course and the fireworks, confletties and balloons and stuff were awesome too!!

My favourites were Deathandallhisfriends, strawberry swing (mostly because they did a small moment of Amsterdam there which is my second favourite CP song..) and the amazing LITii with the fireworks and all the singing that was like the happiest moment of my life! (that + singing

'No I don't want to battle from beginning to end

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't want to follow death and all of his friends'

as loud as I could ♥

sorry about some of the negativity on the message, but I'm sure you can understand why I'm so pissed off at myself..still loathing in selfpity.. :lol: well while waiting for Wembley (that better go smoothly, I've had such terrible coldplay karma) I think I'll go get some sleep because I feel like I'm getting sick with all the lining up in the rain during the day and being in the wet clothes and stuff..

But still thank you Coldplay for the concert and I'll be posting some videos later! :)

You are so lucky for going to Wembley.. I want to go there too! But it's impossible to find tickets now, isn't it?

I didn't have any line up number but I was in the front row! It was the best night of my life :D Hope you had a great time as well. :)

I actually don't remember anything from DAAHF.. It was just too epic and overwhelming i guess.. I just couldn't understand that I really WAS at a coldplay show and Chris Martin was standing just a few meters away from me!

HOW did you get to front row if you weren't in the queue??? :oo

I was VERY lucky. We arrived about 14 o'clock (guess that's 2 am..?). There were three queues (I guess) and the first was for the ones who had queued since Wednesday (answer for your question Viola87 :lol:), and the second was VERY long.

Well, when we were standing there not knowing what to do, some guy asked a security guard where he should go. And the guard said that there was a third queue, that not so many people knew about yet, which was about 5 meters long! So we followed them and got almost first in that queue!

Thx again for trying but that one is not the right one.I know this track from before just as i know the band too.Unfortunately it was´nt the right one.

Still looking for help.

Thx for trying everyone.

(For thoose that have´nt read all the posts i´m still looking for artist and trackname for the track played before U2 and Jay Z,it was an electronic song without any lyrics in it)

Hey!

I´ve found that they played "M83 - Skin of the Night"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Pg-2LP76g]YouTube - M83 - Skin of the Night[/ame]

.. but then there was some other electro song played before or after that one which i would like to know.. have you found the answer yet?

Hi Daniel,

I just read your fantastic and very detailed review of the Coldplay concert in Stockholm. I used busybeeburn's Link and read 3 additional fantastic reviews. I was very pleased to read the reviews of the Madonna and two U2 concerts as well. U2 did not visit Denmark this time. :cry: Last time U2 visited Denmark was 31 May 2005, and I was not going to that concert, because I was not U2 fan before June 2005 via Bono. My interest started when reading about BONO being the one persuading a reluctant Bob Geldof to arrange the Make Poverty History concerts on 2 July 2005. I could have been at the recent Madonna concert in Copenhagen on 11 August 2009, but had seen the recent setlists - and she only played 2 songs of particular appeal to me ("Frozen" and "Like a Prayer"), so I decided to stay home, but was pleased to read your review from the Madonna concert in Sweden. THANK YOU SO MUCH. You really made my day. Your reviews get ****** (6*/6*). It was really like being at these concerts myself. I cannot THANK YOU enough. :)

Thanks for the kind words! :) I'm very happy to hear that people enjoy my reviews. I started my website as a way to help me to remember all the concerts I go to. I still have tons of setlists and pictures from old concerts to add to the site, but it's quite a task so I try to add a little at a time.

BTW, U2 are coming back to Europe next summer, so chances are they'll play Denmark then. So far I've heard Austria, Switzerland, and a couple of German cities are "confirmed" for 2010, by U2 crew members.

As a side note, I'd just like to say that Coldplay blew away both U2 and Madonna! They just have an amazing stage presence that can't be matched. :D

Coldplay in Stockholm 22 August 2009

NDR2[/b] has a special "Coldplay Day" on Wednesday 25 August 2009 as Coldplay are playing Hannover Wednesday evening. On the thread for tomorrow evening's show I read that NDR2 will air / transmit the concert (and it makes sense when announcing a "Coldplay Day"). NDR2 will play a lot of Coldplay music during the day. I heard a little bit of Viva la Vida on NDR2 yesterday evening after 22, and then it was announced that there would be a special "Coldplay Day", but I didn't get on which day as Coldplay has 3concerts in Germany, namely on 25, 27 and 29 August. So I was glad to get the relevant information on the thread for tomorrow's concert. :)

The Edit relates to what I wrote about NDR2 aring / transmitting the concert from Hannover tonight. That was not true. NDR2 presents Coldplay AS A SPONSOR and GIVES AWAY some tickets for tonight's show. But it is true that NDR2 has a COLDPLAY day and probably will play several Coldplay songs - more than the other days.

I'm a little late here but whatever. I did also attend the show this saturday and it was amazing! It was the first time for me since I didn't get tickets last time they were here (No money was one of the reasons :/). This time I got a seat in the F section which costed me 595 SEK. The view was good and I saw both the scene and the screens (very cool effects during 42 and some other songs btw) but I was very far away :/ I didn't see anything when they performed on the smaller stage cause I sat on the wrong side. It would have been fun to at least see Will sing DWNC. I was so surprised when they sang Viva La Vida and Fix You. I have never seen something like it - everyone was singing! I guess the same thing happend at Ericsson Globe too and all the other concerts but still, first time I saw something like it.

One of two big artists I've seen this summer, the other being Madonna (I had GC tickets there). I won't compare them but Coldplay had a better crowd for sure.

I feel really bad for those people who didn't get a CD. I was among the first one to get out from Stadion cause I sat near the exit so I got one but I heard alot of people screaming at the securitymen because they had nothing left to hand out. People write about it here (in swedish).

Great concert! I only wish I could have been closer to the stage and I hope they will use the Golden Circle system next time so you don't need to sleep outside or be there early in the morning to get a decent view :P

Btw, in which songs did Chris do something wrong (?) and said "Oh..." and laughed a bit. It was in one of the first songs but I don't remember and it drives me crazy! Always when I go to a concert I don't remember anything after the show cause seeing the artist with my own eyes is so huge for me that I forget everything else LOL.

Wow, a lot of negative comments but don't get me wrong - I LOVED IT! Please come back next time! :)

Edit: WTF happend with Speed of Sound?! My favourite single by them and they skipped it -_-

So my question is: WHAT IS THAT PIANO SONG AFTER POLITIK??

Gnossienne no. 1 by Erik Satie. In Antwerp last year I made a front row video of it :D :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-0ME67mVg]YouTube - Coldplay - Gnossienne no. 1 Antwerp 4-10-08[/ame]

I'm a little late here but whatever. I did also attend the show this saturday and it was amazing! It was the first time for me since I didn't get tickets last time they were here (No money was one of the reasons :/). This time I got a seat in the F section which costed me 595 SEK. The view was good and I saw both the scene and the screens (very cool effects during 42 and some other songs btw) but I was very far away :/ I didn't see anything when they performed on the smaller stage cause I sat on the wrong side. It would have been fun to at least see Will sing DWNC. I was so surprised when they sang Viva La Vida and Fix You. I have never seen something like it - everyone was singing! I guess the same thing happend at Ericsson Globe too and all the other concerts but still, first time I saw something like it.

One of two big artists I've seen this summer, the other being Madonna (I had GC tickets there). I won't compare them but Coldplay had a better crowd for sure.

I feel really bad for those people who didn't get a CD. I was among the first one to get out from Stadion cause I sat near the exit so I got one but I heard alot of people screaming at the securitymen because they had nothing left to hand out. People write about it here (in swedish).

Great concert! I only wish I could have been closer to the stage and I hope they will use the Golden Circle system next time so you don't need to sleep outside or be there early in the morning to get a decent view :P

Btw, in which songs did Chris do something wrong (?) and said "Oh..." and laughed a bit. It was in one of the first songs but I don't remember and it drives me crazy! Always when I go to a concert I don't remember anything after the show cause seeing the artist with my own eyes is so huge for me that I forget everything else LOL.

Wow, a lot of negative comments but don't get me wrong - I LOVED IT! Please come back next time! :)

Edit: WTF happend with Speed of Sound?! My favourite single by them and they skipped it -_-

Ja, det var kaos när de började kasta ut skivorna. Jag var en av de sista så jag var i mitten av allt. Jag var inklämd som tusan, men det var värt det - jag fick en av de sista. Fångad i luften.

Förresten, vad tidigt alla köade. Jag var där ungefär en, två timmar innan, och fick en plats jättenära den scenen som sitter ihop med den stora scenen. Om ni förstår... Där Chris springer ut många gånger. Kanske hade jag bara tur? Jag stod ungefär där de alla tjejerna svimmade, om ni vet var det var.

An amazing night which is a memory for life. <3

Stockholm thread

That was´nt the one either but thanks for trying.No i still have´nt found what im looking for.

I suddenly remember that Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" was played in Herning, Denmark on 16 August 2009 before the main event - Coldplay. Also played before the main event was Aha's "The Sun never Shines on TV" followed by a Jay-Z song with the title "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)" and the Danube Waltzt. I hope that this can help you. :)

I suddenly remember that Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" was played in Herning, Denmark on 16 August 2009 before the main event - Coldplay. Also played before the main event was Aha's "The Sun never Shines on TV" followed by a Jay-Z song with the title "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)" and the Danube Waltzt. I hope that this can help you. :)

Depeche and Aha i know for sure since i have all their albums.None of thoose but will look into Jon Hopkins as someone wrote.

Thx again...

EDIT:Tried Hopkins on Spotify but it was´nt him either.

Ja, det var kaos när de började kasta ut skivorna. Jag var en av de sista så jag var i mitten av allt. Jag var inklämd som tusan, men det var värt det - jag fick en av de sista. Fångad i luften.

Är det sant?! Jag skulle ha blivit förbannad om jag var en av dem :stunned: Jag förstår inte varför de inte kunde ge ut skivorna i början när de kollade biljetten. .

Jag kom precis när skivorna var slut, men en av de där tjejerna som delade ut dem hittade två i botten av en kartong. Så jag ryckte åt mig en av dem :D

Vilken tur!

Svimmade tjejerna för att a) de var så inklämda eller b) för att Chris sprang ut där många gånger? :lol:

Hahahaha. Det var innan de började spela så kanske var det helt enkelt tanken på att vara så nära Chris?

Är det sant?! Jag skulle ha blivit förbannad om jag var en av dem :stunned: Jag förstår inte varför de inte kunde ge ut skivorna i början när de kollade biljetten. .

Inte jag heller!

Det var massa tjejer längst fram som jag tjuvlyssnade på (:lol:) som snackade om att de inte hade hört så många Coldplaylåtar ("Jamen du vet den där med jay-z.. Vad heter den nu igen?") men var där enbart för att få se Chris :angry:

Tycker de skulle lämna plats där framme för dem som verkligen är riktiga fans! :D

Went to the capital without any expectations for the gig. Kom hem med mitt livs bästa konsertupplevelse! Come home with my life the best concert experience!

Nog trodde jag att det skulle bli väldigt bra; Coldplay på en stor utomhusscen. Surely, I thought it would be very good; Coldplay on a big outdoor stage. Men, wow. But, wow. Jag vet egentligen inte hur jag ska sammanfatta allting, SÅ bra var det. I do not really know how I can sum up everything, HOW good it was. Så bra att det knappt går att sätta ord till det. So good that it can hardly be put words to it. Det var verkligen en helthetsupplevelse och mycket tack vare att de lagt ner en hel del på den visuella delen. It really was a completely security experience and thanks that they have done a lot on the visual part. Hela bakre delen av scenen var som en stor skärm där det hela tiden visades bilder och färgregn i olika slag. The entire rear portion of the scene was like a big screen where it always was shown color photos and rain in different kinds. Två mindre skärmar vid sidan av scenen, samt några större "bollar" i taket som ibland användes som "videodukar" eller skiftade i olika färger. Two smaller screens on the side of the stage, and some larger "balls" on the ceiling, sometimes used as a "video screens" or changed into different colors. Stora färgglada bollar runt stadion och bra ljussättning. Large colorful balls around the stadium and good lighting.

Efter en regning förmiddag och tidig eftermiddag sprack himlen upp och det blev en solig och fin kväll. After a rainy morning and early afternoon, the sky broke up and it was a sunny and nice evening. Stämningen i publiken var på topp och runt 19.45 klev White Lies upp för att värma upp scenen. The mood of the crowd was on top and around 19:45 White Lies stepped up to heat up the scene. En bra spelning, egentligen inget märkvärdigt men bra. A good gig, really nothing fancy but good. Tyvärr lite otacksamt för ett band av deras slag att spela på en stor scen när det fortfarande var ljust. Sorry a bit ungrateful for a band of their kind to play on a big stage when it was still bright. De skulle helt klart passa bättre på en mindre inomhusscen eller att få spela under mörkare timmar. They would clearly be better on a smaller indoor stage, or to play during the darker hours. Men brittkvartetten gjorde ett bra jobb. But the British quartet did a good job.

Efter en stunds väntan och omriggning och en förväntansfull temperatur i publiken som steg allt mer och mer, var det äntligen dags. After a while, and omriggning and an expectant temperature in the audience rose as more and more, it was finally time. 22,10 traskade Coldplay upp och började med Life in Technicolor vars intro jag hade haft på hjärnan hela dagen. 22.10 Coldplay trudged up and started with Life in Technicolor, whose intro I had on the brain all day. Därefter gled de över i Violet Hill , som enligt mig är en av deras bästa låtar (om än få verkar hålla med mig). Then they slid over in Violet Hill, which according to me is one of their best songs (though few seem to agree with me). Enligt mig kunde det med andra ord inte ha blivit en bättre start. For me, it was in other words not have been a better start.

I cirka 1 timme och 50 minuter bjöds vi på låtar från samtliga fyra album, om än det till större delen var spår från senaste plattan Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends , och tråkigt nog bara en från första plattan Parachutes . In approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes, we were invited to songs from all four albums, though it was mostly songs from latest album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, and sadly only one from the first plate Parachutes. Ska jag klaga på någonting är det just att jag saknade fler spår från debuten, och även Speed of Sound som konstigt nog ratades också. Should I complain about something, it is precisely because I had no more songs from her debut, and also the Speed of Sound, which, strangely enough, also was rejected. Annars var det en utmärkt spellista. Otherwise it was a great play list.

Det som förvånade mig mest var att den låten jag har haft allra svårast för, Fix You , var den som gav mig mest gåshud under hela konserten, samt även lockade fram ett par tårar. What surprised me most was that the song I have had the most difficult for, Fix You, was the one who gave me the most goose bumps throughout the concert, and even attracted a few tears. Den satt klockrent. Viva La Vida är också en låt jag haft svårt för, men där, med den enorma publikresponsen, allsången och allting som ingick i paketet var tillika den helt klockren. It sat klockrent. Viva La Vida is also a song I had trouble, but where, with the huge audience response, either at all and everything contained in the package were also the completely clear as a bell. Jag gillar sånt. I like that. När låtarna man har lite svårare för träffar mitt i prick under en konsert. When the songs have been a bit harder to hit the nail during a concert.

Vackra In My Place , en annan av mina topp fem favoritlåtar med bandet, var lika ljuvlig som alltid. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face framfördes i en riktig skön version och gled över i en lika skönt avskalad version av Talk . Beautiful In My Place, another of my top five favorite songs with the band, was just as lovely as ever. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face forward in a real nice version and slid over into an equally beautiful stripped-down version of Talk. Där och då insåg jag också att jag kunde ta ur öronpropparna för stunden. There and then I realized that I could remove the ear plugs for the moment. Det om något är en underbar känsla. Lost! fick håret att resa sig återigen precis som under The Scientist, och Strawberry Swing lät ännu bättre live än på skivan. That if something is a wonderful feeling. Lost! Was hair-raising, once again, as in The Scientist, and Strawberry Swing sounded even better live than on disc.

Utöver ljuset och allt som visades på skärmarna skickades det ut ett gäng stora gula ballonger under Yellow . In addition to the light and everything was on the screen sent out a bunch of large yellow balloons in the Yellow. Senare regnade det ut självlysande konfetti och hela konserten avslutades med ett hejdundrade fyrverki till tonerna av Life in Technicolor II . Later, it rained out luminous confetti and throughout the concert ended with a hejdundrade fyrverki to the sounds of Life in Technicolor II. Med andra ord var det en lika mäktig avslutning som start. In other words, it was an equally impressive finish of the boot.

Min kusin som var med beskrev konserten bra: "det kändes som att det hände någonting hela tiden". My cousin who had described the concert with me, "it felt like anything happened all the time." Utöver visuella biten, gula ballonger och konfetti verkade bandet vara på riktigt bra humör och förflyttade sig också en hel del. In addition to visual piece, yellow balloons and confetti band seemed to be really good mood and also moved a lot. Ena stunden var de på den stora scenen och lirade, nästa stund var de ute på en av ramperna och rev av ett par låtar där. One moment they were on the big stage and lirade, next minute they were out on one of the ramps and reefs of a few songs there. Efter halva spelningen springer de ut i ett temporärt avspärrat spår genom publiken och tar sig upp på en liten scen vid mixplats mitt i arenan. The mid-gig they run out of a temporarily cordoned off track by the audience and jumps up on a small stage at mixplats middle of the arena. Där drar de sedan av ett kort akustiskt set varav den ena låten är en cover på Michael Jacksons Billie Jean . Chris Martin lyckas även få publiken att starta en mobiltelefonvåg i mörkret. Where they prefer since a short acoustic set of which one song is a cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. Chris Martin succeeds even get the audience to start a mobiltelefonvåg in the dark.

Chris Martin sa även vid ett tillfälle att om det hade funnits ett världsmästerskap för publiken hade Stadion-publiken fått Usain Bolt-guld. Chris Martin even said at one point that if there had been a World Championship for the audience had stadium-crowd had Usain Bolt gold. Och det är bara att hålla med. And that's just to agree.

Jag kom på mig själv med att skratta och le stort mer eller mindre hela konserten igenom. I found myself having to laugh and smile wide, more or less the whole concert through. Och jag har nog aldrig fått så mycket gåshud under en och samma spelning. And I have never received so much goose bumps during a single event. Jag hade nog inte ens kunnat drömma om att det skulle bli en sådan magnifik upplevelse som det blev. I had probably not even dreamed that there would be such a magnificent experience that it became. Trodde att NiN och Korn på Arvika skulle bli enormt svårslaget iår, och ärligt talat hade jag nog inte räknat med att Coldplay skulle peta ner dem från tronen över årets bästa konserter. Believed to NiN and Barley in Arvika would be hugely difficult to beat this year, and frankly, I probably would not have thought about that Coldplay would poke them down from the throne of the year's best concerts. Men jag gillar överraskningar. But I like surprises. Det här var utan tvekan det bästa jag någonsin sett och det kommer bli svårslaget. This was undoubtedly the best I have ever seen and it will be hard to beat. Och då väntar ändå en konsert med Editors under hösten. And then wait yet a concert of Editors in the autumn.

Har ännu inte kollat om mina bilder från spelningen blev lyckade. Have not yet checked if my pictures from the gig was successful. Men förhoppningsvis blev ett par stycken användbara och då dyker de upp här inom kort! But hopefully, was a couple of pieces of useful and when they show up here soon!

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://midnightafterglow.blogspot.com/2009/08/live-coldplay-stockholm-2009.html&prev=http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26scoring%3Dd%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dcoldplay%2Bstockholm%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I saw Coldplay at the stadium and it was a great incredible number of ways.

Två citat från recensioner som på ngt sätt sammanfattar det hela: Two quotes from reviews that SOMEHOW sums it up:

* ”Hur kan ett band som är så tråkiga på skiva vara så bra live?” * "How can a band that is so boring on disc to be as good live?"

* ”De vill inte vara världstjärnor. * "They do not want to be world stars. De vill vara dina kompisar” They want to be your friends "

Jag gillar deras hits men även om jag samlar ihop deras bästa så har svårt att lyssna på dem längre än en halvtimme utan att bli uttråkad. I like their hits, but although I gather their best to find it difficult to listen to them longer than half an hour without getting bored. På stadion körde de på i knappt två timmar och det var inte en död sekund. At the stadium, they drove on in just under two hours and it was not a dead second. Visst. Sure. Scenshowen och fyrverkerierna gjorde sitt till. Stage show and fireworks have made her into. Det superba ljudet likaså. Men det som verkligen gjorde det var: The superb sound as well. But what really did it was:

1) Bandets attityd. 1) The band's attitude. Det var på bra humör. It was in a good mood. Jag fattar inte att man kan vara så avslappnad på en så stor scen. Har aldrig sett ett band få en konsert inför 33.000 människor att kännas som ett litet klubb-gig. I can not believe you can be so relaxed on a big stage. Have never seen a band have a concert for 33,000 people to feel like a small club gig. De hade bra mellansnack. They were good between snack. De verkade fortfarande bli tagna av att sjukt massa folk kommer och ser dem spela och var tacksamma för att alla tagit sig dit för att lyssna. They seemed still to be taken to a sick bunch of people come and see them play and were grateful that all taken there to listen. Plus att alla som var där fick en CD med sig hem. Plus, everyone who was there got a CD to take home.

2) Publiken. 2) The audience. Jag har sällan upplevt en publik som varit så med på noterna. I have rarely seen an audience who were so caught on. Stämningen i folkhavet var helt otrolig. The mood in the crowd were amazing. Alla var glada. Everyone was happy. Ingen aggresiv trängsel, bara pepp. No aggressive crowds, just pepper. Allsången på Fix You och Viva la Vida var bland det häftigaste jag varit med om. At all either on Fix You, and Viva la Vida was one of the coolest I have ever known.

OK, så där stod jag med ett leende på läpparna och blev alldeles glad och fortsatte vara glad hela konserten och flera dagar framåt. OK, so where I stood with a smile and was very happy and continued to be happy throughout the concert and several days ahead.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://accordionaction.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/coldplay-stockholm-och-lite-annat-om-jag-ids/&prev=http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26scoring%3Dd%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dcoldplay%2Bstockholm%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26start%3D10

Coldplay, the music and the audience

I just can not resist to share from me of what I think was so unbelievably cool experience in every way. Alla kanske inte tycker om Coldplay, men med den show det brittiska bandet bjöd på i lördags kväll under sjärnklar himmel på Stadion i Stockholm, så skulle inte någon kunna förneka hur genialiska de är. All may not like Coldplay, but with the show the British band offered on Saturday evening during sjärnklar sky at Stadion in Stockholm, so would not have to deny how brilliant they are.

Köerna till insläppet, som var 3 stycken vad jag uppfattade det som, var vardera nästan 800 meter långa när vi själva började köa runt kl. Waiting lists for admissions, which was 3 pieces of what I understood that, were each almost 800 feet long when we started queuing at around. 15. 15th Nästan 33 000 personer gick in på Stockholms Stadion vid halv sex och såg först förbandet White Lies vifta runt med sina gitarrer och sparka igång publiken. Nearly 33 000 people entered the Stockholm Olympic Stadium at half six and first saw the bandage White Lies waving around with their guitars and kicking off the audience. White Lies är inget dåligt band att ha som förband, och det ska nämnas att Snow Patrol var förband åt Coldplay i bland annat Canada tidigare i sommar. White Lies is not a bad band to have that bond, and it should be noted that Snow Patrol was the opening act for Coldplay in particular, Canada earlier this summer. När man kan ha världskända band som uppvärmningsakt... When you can have world-famous bands like uppvärmningsakt ... ja, då förstår ni kanske att Coldplay är riktigt stora numera. yes, now you know maybe that Coldplay is really big now.

The sun went down and the sky had become even more beautiful when Coldplay entered the stage for what would soon become a starlit sky. Temperaturen inne på arenan var perfekt och i de två tornen på arenan hängde en brittisk flagga till vänster, och en svensk till höger. The temperature inside the arena was perfect and the two towers in the arena hung a British flag on the left, and a Swedish right. Fyra stora, lysande ballonger hängde i kanterna högst upp på Stadion och skapade en mysig känsla för hela publiken. Four large, bright balloons hung around the edges on top of the stadium and created a cozy feeling for the entire audience.

Coldplay is launched with three really big hits and at night had fallen when it was time for a ballad or two. Känslosamma "Fix you" kan ha varit kvällens bästa allsång, men när introt till "Viva la vida" började spelas var euforin lika påtaglig som personen nästintill. Emotional "Fix You" may have been the evening's best singing, but when the intro to "Viva la vida" began to play was euphoria just as real as the person next to. Chris Martin sprang runt och sjöng som en gud hela tiden, och kunde man dopa sig till att sjunga bättre skulle jag genast begära ett test på den mannen. Chris Martin ran around and sang like a god all the time, and you could take drugs to sing better, I would immediately ask for a test of the man. Helt otrolig! Incredible!

Somehow the band managed to create a concert where the music and the audience is with the band, and with lights and confetti, it feels like the four guys in the band just want to embrace the entire audience in a big hug. Chris Martin pratar på om att hans svenska är knagglig, och ber alla på engelska att ta upp sina lysande mobiler och skapa en våg av ljus i arenan som släckts ner för just det. Chris Martin speaks to that his Swedish is rough, and ask all the English to raise their glowing cell phones and create a wave of light in the arena which is switched off for just that. Han fortsätter efter publiksamarbetet att tillsammans med bandet sjunga en egen version av "Billie Jean" som en hyllning till Michael Jackson. He goes after the audience cooperation, together with the band singing their own version of "Billie Jean" as a tribute to Michael Jackson. Alla känner till texten. Everyone knows the text. Stundens magi är obeskrivlig. Time magic is indescribable.

Coldplay goes for about 20 songs out to a minute to come back and tear of "The Scientist" as the century ballad in my eyes (and ears). Konserten avslutas och när vi är på väg ut förstår vi knappt vad vi varit med om. The concert ends and when we are on the way out, we understand just what we have been through. Coldplay hade just skapat magi rakt framför oss, och trots att scenen inte är i klass med U2's "The Claw" eller har rekvisita som Madonna, känns det som att allt blivit så perfekt som det kan bli. Coldplay had just created magic right in front of us, and although the scene is not on a par with U2's "The Claw" or have props like Madonna, it feels as if everything is as perfect as it could be.

The only negative I can think of is that the band skipped "Speed of Sound" on the track list. Väldigt fel enligt mig, men Coldplay har faktiskt råd att göra fel. Very wrong to me, but Coldplay has actually afford to get wrong. De har det. They have it.

Och jag kommer definitivt se Coldplay nästa gång de kommer till Sverige. And I will definitely see Coldplay next time they come to Sweden. Tack för showen! Thanks for the show!

Written by:

Johanna Friis ( 7ohanna ) Johanna Friis (7ohanna)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.gylleneskor.se/blogg/7ohanna/coldplay-musiken-och-publiken&prev=http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26scoring%3Dd%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dcoldplay%2Bstockholm%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26start%3D20