✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Aug-2009: Olympic Stadium, Stockholm - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stadiums

I love being as close as possible to Coldplay. Arenas are to large if in the wrong seat. When I look at the stadiums I think it must be lovely to see their show with fireworks but people seem to far away to feel connected to the boys in the best Band of the century. I suppose it is still a very wonderful party as long as you can hear them play their amazing music that we all know and never tire of.

Yes, no matter where they performed or the seat I have or dont have, if they are within my area? I will be there. No matter how far away, yes I would still go.

I hope they are together for a very long time and have a strong feeling they will be.

a very Happy thought!:kiss:ChrisMartin

Concert in Stockholm, Sweden 22 August 2009

Yes, according to the review song-by-song (giving away the songs sung = setlist) he did not sing "SPEED OF SOUND".

I have just read a review from the Swedish "Dagens Nyheder" (= News of the Day) for curiosity / in preparation for translating it. It is somewhat difficult - in 2 or 3 sentences there are a few Swedish key words that I am not sure of. Instead of spending a lot of time here I have decided to skip these passages to be able to do some more translations - I guess it is more fun with several translations than one superperfect translation, right?

Towards the end of that article I got really WORRIED!!

"From time to time Chris Martin sits down and plays his piano - maybe to compensate for the fact that HIS VOICE FAILS - IT IS SELDOM THAT HE MANAGES TO REACH THE CHARACTERISTIC FALSETTO LEVEL this evening."

Poor Chris - I am sure that he is really suffering :cry::cry: :( and looking forward to the completion of the tour!

I think that the songs "Green Eyes", "Til Kingdom Come" and "Billie Jean" and "Death Will Never Conquer" (the latter apparently not played in Stockholm) could be sung by Will to spare Chris' voice. Rather Will singing more songs than having Chris lose his voice = more cancellations (postponements). And Will does have a nice voice, too. What do you think?

can anyone post a good fix you vid?? the one cuts off right before the crowd. :(

Just need to do a YT search :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0mGqLEkB4]YouTube - Fix You - Coldplay[/ame]

By the way his voice sounds okay to me, not as spectacular as it can be, but no different than the last few nights. :shrug:

So at the first Europe concert, we had two more songs(Sos and Herning Song) and one replacement(DWNC=>Til kingdom come)

Herning Song was removed for the second show, Speed of sound was removed for the third show.

That means we have the original setlist length! I thought they wanted to make the stadium gigs longer!

Or did they play DWNC and Til kingdom come?

Then it would be at least one more song.

Okay to make things clear, during the concert in Stockholm, Will didn't sing any other song than DWNC and Til Kingdom Come was never played (I was really hoping for it)

I think the missunderstanding occured when the reviewer had looked at the norweigan set list and thought that it was the same as this one.

PS: About the voice, when Chris was talking, his voice sounded a bit tired and dry, as if he had a cold or something. Gesundheit!

Oh and the electronic music that was played before the concert was M83, a very charming and good band from France!

Okay to make things clear, during the concert in Stockholm, Will didn't sing any other song than DWNC and Til Kingdom Come was never played (I was really hoping for it)

I think the missunderstanding occured when the reviewer had looked at the norweigan set list and thought that it was the same as this one.

PS: About the voice, when Chris was talking, his voice sounded a bit tired and dry, as if he had a cold or something. Gesundheit!

Oh and the electronic music that was played before the concert was M83, a very charming and good band from France!

Thanks. Will update the setlist :D

At the Roskilde festival in Denmark on 5 July 2009: U2s "Magnificent" was not played, but replaced by a piece of music that was more noisy than "Magnificent". Maybe it was that electronic track in your no. 1. It was followed by a Jay-Z song to which roadie Wayne was breakdancing (your song no. 3). Then the beautiful Danube Waltzt came and then Coldplay entered the stage with sparklers.

In Herning on Sunday 16 August 2009: No "Magnificent" by U2 :cry: , but again replaced by the electronic track in 1. followed by AHA's "The Sun always Shines on TV". Then the Jay-Z song to which roadie Wayne was breakdancing on the ramp on Jonny's side having a broom in his hand. Then the Danube Waltzt came followed by COLDPLAY.

Thx for info but you dont have a trackname for Jay Z´s track?

Thx for your answer too but i cant find that track.I quickly browsed all tracks on spotify and none of them were the same.Might be so that this track is´nt available on spotify though.I know it from somewhere.I might even have the cd but i can´t recall name or track at all.

Will continue looking but anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Thx again,Viva la Vida!

This is the Jay-Z song they usually use:

It's called I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)

Ahhh.....cheers for that one.1 out of 2 now.Only looking for the artist and trackname for the track played before U2.

Thx alot.