✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where Were You When You First Heard "Violet Hill"?

soufpawbandit28

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends in January this year, then I heard the whole album on the bus on the way to a holiday... Then I was listening to Violet Hill, and the guitar was just "BANG! BANG! BANG! WHAOOO! I LIKE COLDPLAY!" and then I read up more on Coldplay later on...

• 4 months later...
I remember sitting at my computer at 7:15a.m. waiting for the link on Coldplay.com to go up, but the website was too busy, so i had to miss my bus! I eventually got to the website and i entered my e-mail address, but that didnt work! I tried this at least 6 or 7 times, convinced I didn't enter my e-mail address in correctly or something. So i eventually had to go to school, but on the car ride there, the D.J. on the radio station said, "Alright everybody, there's a new Coldplay song floating about and we have it right here for you on D.C. 101 and I freaked out! It was incredible.

when I first heard violet hill I was in my bed falling asleep.

Not sure, but I'v guess.. I guess that I was visiting my friend on the Faroes Islands.(October 2008) :wacko:

Or i was at home, and it was christmas day.. :wacky: (also 2008)

That day in December i became Coldplay fan. :wacky: :heart:

• 9 months later...

Well, the first time I ever heard Violet Hill, I was in the kitchen cooking, just after I'd put VLV in to listen to for the first time. It was immediately a fav. But the first time I ever heard it on my iPod was when I was walking through the woods, one snowy day in February. I can remember our heater going out that harsh Winter and singing out loudly to the lyrics of the song "...while we froze, down below" 'cause I could rather relate. LOL. But now it's years later, and the song continues to just somehow get better and better each and every time I hear it. :D