✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where Were You When You First Heard "Violet Hill"?

soufpawbandit28

I remember sitting at my computer at 7:15a.m. waiting for the link on Coldplay.com to go up, but the website was too busy, so i had to miss my bus! I eventually got to the website and i entered my e-mail address, but that didnt work! I tried this at least 6 or 7 times, convinced I didn't enter my e-mail address in correctly or something. So i eventually had to go to school, but on the car ride there, the D.J. on the radio station said, "Alright everybody, there's a new Coldplay song floating about and we have it right here for you on D.C. 101 and I freaked out! It was incredible.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the car with my son on the way to his school. I had logged in online early to get a listen the day it released but the site must have crashed because I couldn't get in. I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to hear it the morning it was released. But the radios station played it. It made for a good day.

I had a final early that morning, the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about downloading the song and wondering what it sounded like. As soon as I finished I brought out my laptop (which I had with me specifically for this occasion) and downloaded it. I remember thinking how different it sounded not being sure if I liked it or not, but I couldn't stop listening to it. Played it about 10 times before heading to my next class, and after all those listens I decided that I loved it.

I woke up at like 6 am or something only to find the site had crashed, so I woke up 2 hours later and the site was working but had to download it from someone on here since it wasn't sent to my email yet....then I plugged my headphones in an started listening to my ipod from getting ready for class, until I got there, and everytime in between that day...it had like 100 plays on my itunes, lol

I was in my dorm room at 7:00 am waiting for the song to be released while my roommate slept away. I remember putting on my headphones with extreme excitement once the file downloaded, and as the song slowly got louder in the beginning I got more excited, and just had a huge smile on my face.