✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where Were You When You First Heard "Violet Hill"?

soufpawbandit28

i got up at 5 in the morning at college to listen to jonny and chris premeire it on radio one :D. i was so fricking excited it was embarrassing.

i wasn't in love on first listen...i remember listening to the intro and chris's first line thinking "ok, sounds classic coldplay" and then hearing jonny's first loud slam on the guitar and my face went :stunned:. since then it's MAJORLY grown on me, but it's still one of my least favorites on the album.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried to hear it before school at 715am but the site had crashed and the radio 1 website wasn't working for me either. so i had to go to school before listening and i was in the WORST mood and all day it was all i could think about. finally, i got home and i still hadnt gotten the email so i had to listen to it ON THEIR MYSPACE and the first time i wasnt sure and the second time i listened my eyes were watering during the piano coda at the very end. such a rewarding experience...

In front of the computer. I had just heard Coldplay for the very first time with Viva la Vida - i think it was between 15th and 18th september this year. I really liked it, so I turned on the computer and found it on Youtube. Then I heard Violet Hill. I couldn't stop hearing it, so I didn't stop before 5 hours later.

Still my alltime favourite :D

I was working :lol: i will never forget that moment, sitting here talking with some others coldplayers on msn, everyone excited trying to log-in at coldplay.com but the site was busy :lol: 1st person who get the song started to share with others :D and so on.. but bad lucky for me my soundsystem was not working :bomb: you cant imagine, everyone singing along , trying to get the lyrics and me trying to solve that problem ... Omg stressing moments :lol: but then i could hear it and did not stop it :D

i'll never forget this moment.

i had school until 4pm that day, so after this i walked home as fast as i could and downloaded it. i was kinda surprised when i listened to it first, i hadn't expected this "heavy" sound, but i loved it. I listened to it about 10 times and then i had to go to my tennis training, but i know the guitar solo was in my head during i was playing :)

well, i was sitting in my room's chair, just as i'm doing now, and i saw the song in a local radio playlist. it was strange, because they rarely play foreign music here. so i gave it a listen and i fell in love with the sound. later, i gave a listen to viva la vida or death and all his friends, some days later i tried with parachutes, then AROBTTH and finally X&Y, and i just became an inconditional fan. (why did it have to happen after the barcelona show? :cry:

so, violet hill introduced me into coldplay, amazing song!:)

I was temporarily out of the Coldplay loop for a bit, as it was before I became...how you say..."hardcore" by reading the official site and fansites constantly and whatnot. I was a "casual" fan and just knew they were coming out with a new album. So I fell in love with Viva (the song) upon a first listen, then looked online only to discover that they had released another new song not too long ago! So yeah. I heard Viva La Vida before I heard Violet Hill. But it was that late discovery that prompted me to become more "in-tune" with the online Coldplay world.

i heard it when it first got played on jo whilys show...i was in a business lesson and i was secretly listening to radio 1 (playing music during lessons is forbidden at our college) and i thought WTF is it over already and i wasnt sure if i liked it but now my opinion has changed quite abit!

I downloaded it at 6:00 AM and waited until I was drivint to work to hear it.

I played it very loudly in my car. I remember hearing the intro and thinking "Wow, this sounds good already" and then hearing Chris' voice and being like "Uh-oh, why does he sound like he's in a bathroom!"

I was at work and we got advanced copies of Viva La Vida to listen to the in the store. I listened to the whole album together, so I heard it right there as track 8 on the album. I had only very recently discovered Coldplay, so Viva La Vida was the first of their albums that I listened to, and I was in love with it from the very first listen. The album became my soundtrack... I played it over and over and over and over, until my coworkers made me stop lol. And then my best friend heard about it and she's a Coldplay fan, so she gave me X&Y. The rest is history :D

The morning they released to their web site. I was running out the door with my sister for classes and downloaded it and went to the car. My sister had no idea they were releasing it yet, so when the ambient sound started I told her it was a new Travis tune...but then Chris's voice kicked in she started to scream. And we both listened to it on repeat the whole way to school. To this day I think its one of the best tracks on that album. And I have to admit it rather ruined my concentration in class that morning lol.