✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did you see coldplay in 2008?

cleeson7

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw them in june for free madison square garden show, fix you is always a highlight and viva la vida rocked. i also saw them at continental airlines arena and the show was even better. i love strawberry swing and life in technicolor gets me amped for the show. i'm dying for a glass of water ! i do miss swallowed in the sea

I have to say thats a difficult question, I went to see both their manchester shows, and there were a few I could mention, 42, strawberry swing, yellow, VLV......but on the whole package with lights, performance and the song together, probably 42, the perfect package!!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Glasgow In December

I went to see Coldplay on the 9th of December last month at the SECC and they were truly outstanding. Of course the SECC was the venue where they kicked off there Rush of Blood tour a few years back. Like many people I thought In My Place was simply outstanding as was Viva La Vida and Yellow. Living in a place as remote as Orkney, it was an amazing opportunity which you never get up here. I felt privileged to have seen the best and biggest band in the world.

Just once - Honda Center in Anaheim. I could have gone to one of the Forum shows that opened the tour, but my family had a vacation pegged for that week. Grr...

Fix You was great for the fact that it was one of the best sing-alongs. Viva La Vida was also excellent for the pure energy in the room (and Chris did a brief Killers cover in the middle). I'd also mention Lovers in Japan, but I didn't catch any butterflies. :cry:

Just once - Honda Center in Anaheim. I could have gone to one of the Forum shows that opened the tour, but my family had a vacation pegged for that week. Grr...

Fix You was great for the fact that it was one of the best sing-alongs. Viva La Vida was also excellent for the pure energy in the room (and Chris did a brief Killers cover in the middle). I'd also mention Lovers in Japan, but I didn't catch any butterflies. :cry:

haha the killers cover i thought i was crazy but he did actually do it...i have a video of it...

Oh, you went on the 16th, so you saw them with their funny hats?

How I envy you! I went on the 14th and can agree that there weren't enough people dancing!!

We'll change that in September! :dance:

Yeah we had the funny hats while they played Jingle Bells lol. I didn't really see it that well as we were at the front near the stage, and they did that at the back :D

I kept trying to get people up and dancing...but they didn't. I really hope it will be different in September, I just don't understand how people can just sit there and watch...without even moving.

I saw them three times! :wacky: Each time I had a different favorite...

I think my first concert in August my favorite song was The Scientist, because I've waited for years to hear that live.

At SNL my favorite was Yellow because Chris looked right at me during it, and it was just a great performance overall- it sounded great, and he was stomping and dancing around, and singing nonsense words... :laugh3:

On Halloween it was a three way tie between:

Fix You- I associate that song with my grandfather, who died 3 days after the concert in August, so it was really cathartic to just sing the end at the top of my lungs along with Chris and the crowd.

Viva la Vida- because I had floor seats, and it was just pure energy down on the floor when they played that.

Lovers in Japan: Two words: bat confetti. :D

*stops rambling* ;)

I went to the MEN arena gig on Friday 12th December. It was by far the best Coldplay concert I've been to (I'd been to two before that) and we had fabulous seats - right in front of the B-stage platform.

Stand out moments were when the boys came out to Life In Technicolor, Viva La Vida (it was a great sing along and the crowd were really up for it), Yellow, In My Place, Green Eyes and Death Will Never Conquer up on the C-stage, Politik and 42.

I was completely taken aback by the butterflies in Lovers In Japan, too - I knew they were coming, but the moment was just beautiful. I collected hundreds of them in the carrier bag that my tour programme came in and framed them along with my ticket when I got home :D

I completely can't wait for the gigs at Wembley :D :D :D

I saw both there boston shows. :) The second show i saw (10.29.08) i watched from the third row! Thanks Coldplay for the great seats and great night. Fix You and Yellow where my favorite! Yellow because it has a bigness that can only be herd live and Fix You because its an amazing singalong ! Cant wait to see them agin... With my TALK sign!

-Jesse-

PS Duffy and Santogold where great as well!

Yup, I got very lucky this year:

I saw them @ brixton academy where my absolute favorites were Lovers in Japan (the first tie they used thebutterflies, and it was aboslwtly awesome) trouble (the song that got me into coldplay, and doesn't get played live that often) and fix you (the crowd was just absolutely amazing) and Viva la Vida ( the albumhad only been out for 3 days, and yet everybody was singing along, I think we blew chris' mind)

also @ rotterdam in october I loved death and al his friends, and politik most (i would name some of the above songs as well... :rolleyes: )

and @ antwerp where the highlight was absolutely glass of water! I absolutely love that song, and I still hear that live version in my head when I play PM...

for all of the above goes that I :heart: LIT best opener they ever had!

I could just be naming the entire setlist..:rolleyes:

2009 is the year Daniel!!!!

we'll get them here even if i have to kidnap them!!!! :lol:

ermmm hate to break it to ya.. but that meet and greet you had may have just been the right oppportunity to do that :dozey::P

hell yeah! :D

check out the siggy! :nice:

i loved when they playied viva la vida ofcourse! i got goosebumps. :lol:

i also loved when will sang 'death will never conquer' he sounded soo adorable. :heart: :surprised:

aaand clocks was a nice surprise. even if i should of have expected.. :P

yellow. was my all time favorite. just because of what happened during the song. :D

(click in the link in the siggy and you'll find out what happened. i dont feel like writing about it again. :D)

i hope i get to see them in many many more shows!! :wacky:

cuz when i oficially become a flight attendant i'm stalking them around the world. :D

Yes I saw them in Oklahoma City.

It is hard to pick just one favorite. I loved "The Hardest Part", "Lover in Japan" was just...amazing, "Speed of Sound", "Lost", "Viva La Vida" as it was just good to hear live..."Politik" was AMAZING...

Really, I just kind of pulled those off the top of my head. The whole thing was beyond amazing.

I really hope to see them again! It was worth waiting all the time I did just to see them once.